What browser will xp users switch to when firefox ends support for xp?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Skeleton11223, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Skeleton11223

Elizabeth23

I do not have anything to compare it to, it is fast enough for me but it might be because I can only get 4up and 1dn from my ISP and I only have 2gb of memory, but I don't play games, just surf the web, so I just live with it, :)

Elizabeth23, May 2, 2018
  2. Skeleton11223

Elizabeth23

edit on my last reply, that's 4down and 1up

Elizabeth23, May 3, 2018
  3. Skeleton11223

trimis

I assume you don't have a dvd burner, but maybe look into getting one. I have one, but yet to figure out how to use it...that's okay as there is not much I'd want to save. I just watch stuff off the internet. I think its called streaming.

I have yet to figure out how to get groceries delivered, so still have to go out for that about once a week, and go to the bank twice a month. That's quite enough outside for me. Sun hurts my eyes even with sunglasses, and being on constant high alert gives me a tension headache, so I'm turning into an indoors cat. By the way, check out seniorsonly.club.

trimis, May 3, 2018
  4. Skeleton11223

jim davis

I
    I down load any movie i want and play in mp4., I have about 300 I have never watched, mostly older stuff, I have a deficit , it called good taste, I got about 50 silents the other day, way way before my time but most tasteful, and nurturing.

I got tiered of looking at the selection for hours at free movie sites, as everything was my "Daughter is missing" crap, shame on liam nelson, all that talent wasted on. I got a update form Mozilla last night for my XP,

i THOUGHT THIS THREAD MEANT THERE WAS NO MORE UPDATES.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    jim davis, May 3, 2018
    trimis likes this.
  5. Skeleton11223

jim davis

I have no idea, i deliberately don't keep track of such things anymore.

So as not to leave a rude sounding post i just clicked around on my start button,
    but could find no model info. I think my machine is xp professional.

Sorry

jim davis, May 3, 2018
  6. I just noticed why all of these chromium browsers can't load like, any pages, they share the internet options with Internet Explorer 8, which has no TLS 1.1 or 1.2 on xp, is there any chromium browser with its own built in options?

And about the Firefox lag, it's not connection based, it's just choppy for some reason, on my Windows 7 partition with Firefox Quantum it's very speedy, Mozilla made a huge mistake leaving xp users with such an awful build.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    Skeleton11223, May 5, 2018
  7. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Really, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Skel, it was not a mistake,

this is the disgustingly stupid, and shows the lacking of the public's self esteem ,,,,,,,,its not a soft ware issue, its a Anti- trust issue.

They did it cause people bend over for it, people think its all they deserve.
    While a billion dollar a year Govt. J-Dept staff, with no co pay insurance, great pensions and for every ten days you work, you get one payed day off with pay, plus Vac. Time.

Who do nothing.

if you tell an angel they are a undeserving pig long enough they will believe it,

Hi this is the telephone company, you have a rotary dial phone, we refuse to
    give you service till you buy a touch tone. Now bend over and buy one :(

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    jim davis, May 8, 2018
  8. Skeleton11223

trimis

The problem with downloading movies is twofold:
    1. It fills up your hard disc, so you then eventually have to jettison movies to make room for new ones.
    2. When you delete movie 'A' to make room for movie 'B', then go back to that site to download movie 'A' to watch it again in a year or two, you may find its no longer there, or the site maybe kaput, and you will have to go looking for that movie again.
    The solution is to burn it to DVD or transfer it to an external HDD. Burning to DVD is cheaper. The problem older actors all have is that good parts dry up, and Hollyweird only sends crappy jobs their way...at least Liam Neeson has resisted doing a remake of 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'!

trimis, May 9, 2018
  9. Skeleton11223

trimis

When you first turn on your PC (assuming you ever actually turn it off) the XP Pro logo will flash across the screen. Don't know if this happens if you just put it into 'hibernate' or 'standby', or whatever, as I turn my PC all the way off when not in use. To find out what version of Firefox you have:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/find-what-version-firefox-you-are-using
    Not the way I do it, but it might work for you...if not say so, and I will detail my method. To find out your OS, this method will likely only work if you are using XP Pro (maybe XP Home). Firstly, your initial startup screen should be the green rolling hills, and at the lower left corner is the 'start' button. Right click on it will bring a popup. Click on 'My computer', then click on 'View system information' (under 'System Tasks' heading).

trimis, May 9, 2018
  10. Skeleton11223

Elizabeth23

firefox, open browser, click help on the tools menu, choose About, it will tell the version right there, :)

xp, click start/right click my computer/ choose properties// general tab will tell you what you have and the service pack, and if it is 32 or 64 bit, :) easy

Elizabeth23, May 9, 2018
  11. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Hello Trimis

I have 20 GB's free on my Xp home hard disk at all times, but I have 5 x128 flash drives hanging off the machine. I mostly never erase what i put on them except history and documentary's. mp 4 music i down load in 480 for better sound, movies 360 unless its really a good copy. I have a back up for every flash.

I am going off grid eventually, and will have all I want in entertainment, comedy, music concerts and master piece movies I want, and hi end stereo equip to watch/hear in on.
    But i continue to have voice sync issues with my WMP, really makes me mad, I may move to a whole different player and soon.

jim davis, May 10, 2018
  12. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Liam is just making all the money he can to insure the future of his children,
    he was married to Natasha Richardson, she was a extremely mentally rich and deep person, for him to get her, I know who he is ASAP, he see's the way the world is going and money is a buffer, I don't blame him in the least.
    Bela Lugosi made the "Wolf Man" with Claude Raine's, and Lon Chaney Jr,
    one of the classiest movies ever made, morally, artistically and inspiration-ally,
    No Hetero man should be allowed to date with out seeing it.

Bela Lugosi tho did too many, made vampire movies with a great moral message,
    sometimes the most romantic and dashing males are psychotic narcissists men,
    And one must question the whole idea of "A Romance" that makes you bleed.

If A person was nurtured properly as a child these movies made you a better person, that made you see whats outside the "Nurture Arena"

But Val Lewtons "Cat People" and "Revenge of the Cat People" were the sick woman is healed and comes back in "Spirit" to heal others were the moral master pieces of moviedom. His Movie "Leopard Man" also was a master piece about men who secretly hate women, because those men are a complete mystery to their own inner hearts.

Which most men are.

Elizabeth, I did not forget you, sorry we went off to space here, it just happened,
    I will do better in the future to stick to subject.

J

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    jim davis, May 10, 2018
  13. Skeleton11223

trimis

Even Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, etc., fell on hard times as they aged, thanks to Hollyweird's attitude of throwaway actors...use em and lose em. Few escape having to take crappy parts when they age. One reason why I boycott Hollyweird whenever possible, and try to limit its access to my dollars.

trimis, May 10, 2018
  14. Skeleton11223

trimis

Considering the issues attached to WMP (shoddy workmanship, spyware, etc.), replacing it with a better player would be a good idea.

trimis, May 10, 2018
  15. Skeleton11223

jim davis

whats the spy ware

jim davis, May 10, 2018
  16. Skeleton11223

trimis

17. By mistake I really meant a huge middle finger to xp users.

Skeleton11223, May 12, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  18. Skeleton11223

jim davis

SPEAKING OF WMP

my voices have been out of sync for months, Liz gave me a fixer but it did not fix this issue.

BUT WE STILL LOVE HER

I really hate look at a traffic stop with vic, feel my life is geeked enough,
    WMP lets me make a single legal copy of my Cd's which i always do
    is there another player that will let you make cd copys and is not a geek trip thru hell, cause WMP can be a nightmare enough:eek::eek::eek:
    i TRIED KMPLAYER which has left bits of crap all over my computer, many files still asked to be played by it

jim davis, May 14, 2018
  19. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Thats what unions are for to stop that crap,, plus they got no serial rights,
    Denmark $ 21.50 an hour, limitless health, and you keep all your social security.
    but folks are trained to think thats wrong, lets not forget USA only place with medical bankruptcy, 60 %.

I went into option and cleared all permissions, but I can note get bing out of my WMP how can i put in start page ??????????

jim davis, May 14, 2018
  20. Skeleton11223

trimis

Look over these:
    https://www.trishtech.com/2013/08/top-5-windows-media-player-alternatives-for-windows-xp/
    https://fossbytes.com/10-best-free-media-players-windows/
    https://alternativeto.net/software/windows-media-player/
    I have VLC Media Player 1.5.29601 ,and Daum Potplayer 1.5.29601 for playing vids. For burning/copying, I have Imgburn 2.5.8.0 ,and DVD Flick 1.3.0.7. Never tried any yet, so cannot say if any are good or not, but all got great reviews.

trimis, May 16, 2018
Ask a Question