What browser will xp users switch to when firefox ends support for xp?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Skeleton11223, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Skeleton11223

jim davis

the parent less adults will do as they are told
    till theres nothing left.

jim davis, Apr 8, 2018
    trimis likes this.
  2. Skeleton11223

jim davis

mean while, Mozilla sent me a update yesterday, maybe they got sober

jim davis, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Skeleton11223

trimis

Control freaks and the ever intrusive Nannyites will never be in short supply, so one would think the "parent less adults" (having so many options), might be a tad more selective in choosing a puppetmaster.

trimis, Apr 12, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  4. Skeleton11223

trimis

Or maybe desperate. I hear the the ever popular browser has of late seen its approval rating, and user base, steadily dropping. Remind me which version you are using?

trimis, Apr 12, 2018
  5. Skeleton11223

trimis

Would like to, but don't have the skillset. If anyone does, and needs monetary incentive, I'm always open to crowdsourcing.

trimis, Apr 12, 2018
  6. Skeleton11223

trimis

I don't put much stock in the Chicken Littles, and their constant doom'n'gloom predictions. I'd bet neither you or I will live long enough to see the day when we cannot use XP on the internet. Sure, Microsoft, their allies, Web 2.0, etc., will make life difficult, and create problems where none need exist, but it will never come to anything XP users cannot handle....only real question is how many will take the easy route, and send up the white flag. I was finding myself blockaded from about 30% of the internet sites, due to the CA hooligans embedding their certificate store in XP, and then refusing to keep it updated. That would likely drive the wimps to Vista or whatever, but I just got 'Skip Cert Error' for Firefox, which cuts down on the blockade to about 10%, and once I decide on a MITMproxy (currently its a choice between BurpSuite and Zed Attack Proxy), I will break the blockage totally. Morale is...there's no problem or roadblock the dirtbags can create for XP users that cannot be swept aside. Every move has its countermove.

trimis, Apr 12, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  7. Skeleton11223

jim davis

yes, the control reptiles have replaced people with good taste, boundaries, and that highest knowing,,,,,respect for others, is respect for your self, and most times theres a dollar or hate trail to where the C freaks are thinking from.

Facts are, if you are hard working, wholesome, kind and loving, you want nothing to do with controlling others, the first time Hitler made a street speech, it was a rant against nude art and abortion.

xp just got shut out from 4k downloader newer versions, I told them congrats, you just lost 400 million users around the world.

5 g just was proven hands down, no BS your self,,,,, to cause cancer from sleep disorders, but the parent less adults know that can't be true,
    cause they "Just" know :eek:,

boy does that "just" word soar up a red flag in me these days:mad:

jim davis, Apr 12, 2018
  8. Skeleton11223

jim davis

you are my hero, ;):D:cool::)

you should start a whole new thread on that subject for the XP refugees :eek: coming here

jim davis, Apr 12, 2018
  9. Skeleton11223

trimis

Thanks for the upvote...I seem to be playing the villain mostly these days. Got banned from raymond.cc recently for telling him I would not be moving from XP Pro, and probably banned from bleepingcomputer for daring to ask about the dreaded mitmproxy (don't know, never went back after all the flak). Don't care. Forums that have such a crappy attitude towards XP users are very expendable.

I'm nowhere near being able to start such a thread. It's new and foreign territory for me. Just beginning to explore, and with zero assistance, I'm slowly fumbling around in the dark. It has taken a lot of time just to track down the source of the problem that is sabotaging my chromium-based browsers, more time to eliminate the other MITMproxy apps from consideration, and so on...but I'm learning, and will pass that on to here. I'll keep notes on BurpSuite and OWASP Zed, as I install and test drive each.

trimis, Apr 13, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  10. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Maybe thats the point, in truth we should not need to know anything about computers, push a button get a service, unless it makes you money, the internal working of a computer has almost zero importance to the real things the substance of life calls us to understand, it is no accident, that as we as a society, have wasted 1000's of life hours twittleing numbers, we now have less understanding on "How To Live" then almost anytime in history, ever period.

all this puttering around and gaining ground in a subject that is useless, out dated and disappeared in 4 years, over and over again, has had a huge spiritual cost to our longevity as a maturing race. and the invasive nature of those who control them is a inarguable case in point, the new yahoo "I agree" click basically says you have zero rights, no rights, you are zero, and the more I watch folks heavy into these things without a good reason, almost always the further i get from having a meaningful relationship, it is way off the charts oxymoronic, we learn computers to become more, but often we become less and more a stranger to our selves, "Oh to gain all the world of computer jargon, and yet lose ones soul." bleeping is a waste land, more and more the ontological human value scape there is solely based on whats valuable to computer use, not the soul. its a honor to get booted from them. that means something is still breathing in you, I have a friend who is a virtuoso whistler, does sit in sessions for record companys once in a while, got fired from a job for whistling on his lunch hour around the office building he worked at. I think many many folks who can not build a personality build a computer instead, therapist call this "Escaping Freedom for a proxy personality" escaping the freedom to be a being, a real being. I am doing xp cause it takes less of my life up to use, and i come to these forums for help that includes rubbing shoulders with other humans, :rolleyes:

I am reading "A Daughter of the land" by Gene Stratton Porter, and it is wonderful.

and as always thanks Elizabeth.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    jim davis, Apr 14, 2018
    trimis likes this.
  11. Skeleton11223

Jody Thornton

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Jody Thornton, Apr 16, 2018
    trimis and jim davis like this.
  12. Skeleton11223

trimis

In an ideal world, but this is far from it. If you're gonna use a computer you need to know (or be willing to learn) as much about it as possible. For years I was stuck using only public computers, and was kept as dumb and inexperienced as possible (meaning those computers don't let one download, or do much else), so now I'm like at beginner level, still learning how to do files and folders, turn a zip file into something usable, etc. Other than this forum, there is little help to be had for XP users. Most forums are overrun with fanboys of the latest'n'greatest, or outright haters of XP, and aside from the usual malice, are not above diverting a thread, or even filling it with disinformation/misinformation, or starting a flamefest to shut it down. These blithering idiots are always ready to help you do what they want you to do, and always just as ready to employ any means necessary to prevent you from doing what you want to do. I find I usually end up having to muddle through on my own, so it pays to become computer savvy and self-reliant.

We have different viewpoints on the rest. I been out and about in the world most of my life, had relationships, and so on. Now I'm old, and find all that was a waste of my time and effort. I'm in training to be a computer nerd recluse. I find my life has become much more tranquil, and the more I cut ties with the outside world, the more enjoyable my life becomes. The introverted lifestyle is the perfect choice for me, and my only regret was not realizing that sooner, as I wasted too much time on too many worthless pursuits....but better late than never.

trimis, Apr 17, 2018
  13. Skeleton11223

trimis

I'm keeping my eye on it, and there is something similar going on with someone who is trying to do up a browser for XP using the QtWeb (or something like that). Unfortunately it was late, and it looks like the bookmark of that site didn't take, so no idea where I saw it. Maybe I'll stumble across it again sometime.

trimis, Apr 17, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  14. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Jody as a grandfather I gotta tell you you are some handsome young buck.
    if your as kind as your healthy looking its no wonder folks talk about how "Nice" Canadians are, other wise i can't read 70 % of what your talking about, as I was too busy becoming a grand father to learn computerese, but hope its good news, I will get back here to read more later, busy now tho, its spring mating season and the kids are gone. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jim davis, Apr 17, 2018
  15. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Trimis, my heart wails for you, as you publicly confess to have loved and lost.
    This tells me you must be a wonderful person, truly.

theres bad news and good news about that, the universe of the heart is a million times bigger then a computer built a 1000 years from now, it always gets confining in a computer,
    its got no "Dancing Mode"

to be sure if your a empath, creations highest evolved creature, your gonna have some tales to tell. the reptiles will get you and eat your heart for fun. Soulless women want to play "Mating" till the work starts, soulless men watch wondering why another person being can love so beauty much.

I had a couch potato neighbor ask me if I was gay, I said no, your just numb :eek:

Now the good news, they do all live in hell, and we live in hell with them only till we fully bloom and forgive them, they do hurt so badly, its hard going around with your brain in a Grey sling, poor darlings. :eek::confused:

I read last night, Steve Jobs would not hire a programmer unless they had taken LSD and liked to go camping.

It sure shows in these two different machines.

I expect some one will make a toaster simple, one button does all xp, oops think they have its called apple.

Today i discovered a squirrel will not eat a toasted peanut if theres a raw one around, I am gonna go look at the stars and figure out why that is. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    jim davis, Apr 17, 2018
    trimis likes this.
  16. Skeleton11223

trimis

Basically he is saying that someone is still working on making browser(s) that install and work on XP (New Moon & Basilisk). I have not tried either yet, as they appear to be rough around the edges ( I forgot the computerese for that), and not properly vetted, but I am watching the progress.

trimis, Apr 21, 2018
  17. Skeleton11223

trimis

Once upon a time I might of thought that I "loved and lost', but now I am of the opinion that I loved and dodged the bullet. At my age (over sixty) "Dancing Mode" was set aside like ten years ago. The outside world holds no big appeal for me. I am still forced to go out once a week for groceries and to do online shopping/banking at the library computers, but that is a big improvement...before I got my home PC I was using the library computers 3 or 4 times a week. Inside I am stress-free, and can get all of the outside world I need, filtered through the internet. Outside I must always be on defcon high-alert for thugboys, bullies, and similar dirtbags that see white hair as a soft target. I had enough foresight twenty-some years ago to deduce that a 'Clockwork Orange' scenario was likely coming, and got trained in Fa-shu Tao, Pa-kua Chang and various Chi-kung, the result being I am quite able to take down "the reptiles". Even so, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and avoiding reptiles is better than dealing with them.

For every Steve Jobs, there are thirty control freak bosses that firmly believe that because they pay you a salary for 8 hours a day/5 days a week, they are entitled to yank your chain and make demands 24/7, which is what across-the-board drug testing does. If an employee is staggering around, I can see it; drugs and the workplace don't mix, but what someone does after work is no one's business.

I suspect squirrels are genetically hardwired to eat nuts, know instinctively what peanuts smell like, and since toasted peanuts do not occur in the wild (and smell different), are not preferred. That said, squirrels are not cats (who like to go on hunger strikes), and will pretty much eat anything.

trimis, Apr 21, 2018
  18. Skeleton11223

jim davis

Trimis

your off subject but huge on life observations are very gracious, full of clinical truth and sometimes funny.

Trimis
    the flowers and birds miss you man, I know they told me :)

Sadly, you gotta go out doors or get just as sick as if some one beat you up,
    nature deficit disorder is huge real and will take years off your life, and make any of us, depressed and numb, or cranky.

The future has brought you a long way to "Now", I bet you have great wisdom, joy giving wisdom, find a park with a cop, a church yard in the country, a poet said we find heaven in our selves by subtraction of personality
    not add on's, you sound so free of "Bent Self" I bet you can almost sense eternity these days, nature loves you trimis, and would adore blowing thru that beautiful white hair of yours..

Have pity on her, go walk in the fields and give her something to boast about-
    YOU.

the reptiles are not of her making.

The squirrels don't like roasted peanuts cause the heated grease/fat is hard on everybody's liver to digest, raw are better for humans too.

I am still getting Mozilla updates, so I am at a loss to understand what the worry is, did they change their minds.

weither i like a movie, news clip or what ever, I always down load it to watch with a down loader to watch on WMP, that way theres no distracting crap on the screen, Etc. then delete later as I always am 20 Gbs free on memory. I was informed by my down loader company I am not able to down load as many vids as i used to cause i am XP
    This is sad as i have discovered a great and wonderful thing, tho was way the heck before my time, I am downloading silent movies, some are complete works of art, and don't rattle my brains. and are almost never about some mutant reptile kidnapping little girls.

Dam healthy stuff

jim davis, Apr 23, 2018
  19. Skeleton11223

Rhino Cracker

Small update: I'm currently testing FireFox ESR 52.7.3 (32bit) on XP x64 Edition.
    Unlike my old investigations the Cisco-Decoder mozilla included wasn't able to decode videos on XP (which means no to html5 youtube videos), it properly runs all youtube videos so far.
    But some other sites (bildschirmarbeiter.com e.g.) don't work.

Rhino Cracker, May 1, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  20. Honestly, I don't know how anyone uses Firefox 52 and its forks, they've all been slow for me, but when I use forks of like, Firefox 40 (I currently use Comodo Icedragon) it's super speedy.

Skeleton11223, May 2, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
Ask a Question