Funny DETOX News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by msfntor, Dec 14, 2022.

1. msfntor

xperceniol

Well that is quite staggering news to say the very least. :(

xperceniol, Dec 29, 2022
    msfntor likes this.
  2. msfntor

msfntor Guest

@legacyfan , could you post the links to articles you post, please? Always post the links, don't forget these, of course...:) Thank you!

msfntor, Dec 30, 2022
  3. msfntor

msfntor Guest

4. msfntor

legacyfan

how do you edit posts on here? (For me it's not there)

legacyfan, Dec 30, 2022
    xperceniol likes this.
  5. msfntor

xperceniol

I believe you can only edit your posting for 4 hours, but perhaps the mods might know.

xperceniol, Dec 30, 2022
    msfntor likes this.
  6. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Eh oui, trop tard! Yes, it's too late!

Post your links now, in new post, here.

msfntor, Dec 31, 2022
    xperceniol likes this.
  7. msfntor

msfntor Guest

[​IMG]

The old year has passed

The old year has passed,
    the new year begins.
    We thank God at this time.
    We are happy that we are still here!
    We look back on the old year
    and have new courage:
    A new year, a new happiness.
    The time is always good.
    A new year, a new happiness.
    We enter it joyfully.
    And: Forward, forward, never back!
    shall be our motto.

Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben
    (1798-1874)

With this poem I wish all the best for a successful and above all peaceful year 2023 to you all my friends!:)

msfntor, Dec 31, 2022
    xperceniol likes this.
  8. msfntor

legacyfan

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/emotional-fitness/201912/ten-tips-the-new-year Ten Tips for the New Year!

New Year’s resolutions really only work for gyms. They get lots of sign-ups, but more than half the people who make the costly commitment do not follow through. Personally, I like to be inspired, not directed, and forcing myself into a smelly gym is not my thing. Here are some other ideas about making changes that may work a little better for you, too, as you prepare for the New Year.

Believe in fresh starts. Most people either have this attitude or would like to have it. Make it a reality for yourself by adopting a fresh-start mindset. Everything is new again, and you get a psychic do-over on January 1.

See your resolutions as a growth process. Making a list of the changes you want to see in your life is a good way to start off the New Year, and knowing that you don’t have to do them all at once also helps.

Let go of past resentments. I do this every year. For most of us, everyday living can sometimes trigger bad memories. And even if you’re in the habit of regularly letting go of negative emotions, an annual purge won’t hurt.

Prepare for the year ahead. It may be a good time to do some financial planning, like creating a budget or getting your taxes going. Squaring away as much of your financial burden as you can at the start of the year will make the rest easier.

Choose a healthy lifestyle. This isn’t a one-time thing but rather an ongoing choice and attitude toward life. Joining a gym won’t help you if you eat junk food. It’s all about balance and making decisions that you just know are good for you.

Forgive yourself first. You may not see it, but you’ve probably been too hard on yourself this past year, and it would be a good to let yourself off the hook. None of us is perfect. We all make mistakes, and perhaps yours was not even that profound, so stop giving yourself grief. Let it go.

Apologize if you need to. Is there anyone to whom you owe an apology? If so, why not get it over with and use the holiday spirit as a motivational tool? Admitting you were wrong can be hard, but living with the regret or guilt is harder. All it takes is a simple “I’m sorry.”

Be better to yourself. Usually we make resolutions for other people, but it’s wise to make a promise to be better to yourself as well. This doesn’t mean to be indulgent but to be psychically kinder to yourself.

Keep your cool. This is going to be a very interesting political year, and everyone is going to have an opinion. I strongly urge you to choose to participate but to also keep any toxicity away from your relationships.

Keep your promises. A resolution is a promise you’ve made to yourself, and that’s a good thing. Keeping promises you’ve made to those who count on you is even better. We all slip up sometimes. When that happens, it’s important to remember that we’re only human and then have the courage to own up.

This is a new year, with new joys and challenges. Be open to the good, don’t hold on to the bad, and try to be a little bit nicer than anyone else. That alone can make for a good year

legacyfan, Dec 31, 2022
    msfntor and xperceniol like this.
  9. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Tian Shan high mountains in Central Asia: A look into millions of years of geological history

1/2/2023, 5:58:01 AM

An astronaut photographed the heavenly mountains from space. The formation allows a journey into the past of our planet and is crucial for cotton production in China.

[​IMG]

Enlarge image - Fascinating rock formation: In Chinese, Tian Shan means »heavenly mountains«

Photo: NASA Earth Observatory

Sometimes the beauty of the earth only really becomes clear from space.

The high mountains of Tian Shan or Tienschan in German in Central Asia is such a case.

This is also made clear by a picture taken by an astronaut on the International Space Station ISS at the beginning of the year and which has now been published by the American space agency Nasa as “Picture of the Day”.

Tian Shan translates to "Heavenly Mountain" and especially covered in snow and ice, the formation really looks otherworldly.

In fact, anything but heavenly forces were at work here.

On the contrary: there must have been a bang when the beautifully layered rocks took their shape.

The Tian Shan is one of the largest mountain ranges in the world, stretching some 2,500 kilometers across Central Asia, mainly along the Kyrgyzstan-China border.

It was created about 300 million years ago when a former part of the Australian continent met Eurasia and pushed the earth up.

Tensions between the continental plates erupted in violent tremors.

In the following millions of years, there were collisions with volcanic islands and the Indian subcontinent.

Today the highest mountain in the Tian Shan Mountains is about 7440 meters high.

Visible from space are ridges of the central part of the mountain range in Xinjiang, China.

Apart from snow and ice, the bands of color in the rock are caused by superimposed layers of sediment from different phases of the earth's history.

Geologists speak of faults.

They provide clues to the age of the thrust rock.

Red stands for the Devonian period around 400 million years ago...

MORE: https://newsrnd.com/tech/2023-01-02...of-years-of-geological-history.HkfDN1e5s.html

msfntor, Jan 2, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  10. msfntor

msfntor Guest

[​IMG]
    SNOWBALL EARTH: WAS THE SURFACE OF OUR PLANET EVER COMPLETELY FROZEN?

·DECEMBER 30, 2022
    The standard solar model implies that the newly born Sun, 4.6 billion years ago, was a third fainter than it is today. Four billion years ago, the Sun was shining at three-quartersof its present-day luminosity. If Earth trapped the same fraction of sunlight 4 billion years ago as it does today, then its surface temperature would have been 20 degrees Kelvin colder.

The impact of reduced Solar irradiation on the Earth’s climate must have been larger though, as a result of the higher reflectivity of ice, further enhancing the cooling that occurred. Climate models show that this feedback results in runaway glaciation and completely ice-covered oceans, a state called “Snowball Earth”. The oceans would not have been frozen solid down to the ocean floor because of the flow of geothermal heat from the Earth’s interior.

Despite these expectations, there is ample evidence for the presence of liquid oceans on the surface of the young Earth, 2.5-4 billion years ago.

Tentative evidence for liquid water is derived from zircon crystals preserved in young rocks. In addition, geological evidence for liquid surface water is based on sedimentary rock laid down in a variety of liquid-water conditions up to 3.5-3.8 billion years ago. There is no evidence for widespread glaciations at that time. Additional signs of liquid water include pillow lavas which are formed when lava extrudes under water, ripple marks resulting from sediment deposition under the influence of waves, and mud cracks.

Moreover, there is evidence for microbial life derived from microfossils or microbial mats in rocks of ages between 2.5-3.5 billion years. The early appearance of photosynthetic cyanobacteria and stromatolites confirms that early Earth was not totally covered by ice.

Why was the surface of early Earth not fully frozen?

MORE: https://thedebrief.org/snowball-earth-was-the-surface-of-our-planet-ever-completely-frozen/

msfntor, Jan 2, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  11. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Jan 2, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  12. msfntor

xperceniol

Ugh ..... reading now. I feel everyone should use a water filter for drinking and cooking, but the bath water is worrisome and there is one thing people forget to make sure is clean in the shower ... yep ... that is right (wait for it) the shower-head. Take is off once a month and soak it and then let hot water run through it for 5 minutes after soak.

xperceniol, Jan 2, 2023
    msfntor likes this.
  13. msfntor

xperceniol

This is so beautiful.

xperceniol, Jan 2, 2023
    msfntor likes this.
  14. msfntor

xperceniol

Forgiving yourself is easier said than done but need to try. Thanks for the great posting. :cool:

xperceniol, Jan 2, 2023
    msfntor likes this.
  15. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Get out of this house at last, come out.... see what a beautiful sun, a light breeze, what are you waiting for? and then when you can not anymore, you will hardly regret your laziness.....- says to me (sometimes) my wife.... Because I am still in front of the PC screen!.... I am already improving, less and less in front of the screen, more and more outside!....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2023
    msfntor, Jan 2, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  16. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Veterinarians removed 38 hair ties from this cat's stomach
    Cardinal Pritchard
    ··Jan 2, 2023 · NottheBee.com
    [​IMG]
    Here's something you don't see every day:

Yeah, I guess poor little Juliet must've thought the hair ties would make it easier to get rid of all those hairballs she keeps spitting up, you know, keep em organized.

It was worth a shot!

Anyhow, here's the story. Apparently this cat was left behind in South Carolina by a family who moved out of state. Not only that, but two other cats were left behind with her.

I just gotta stop and say, WHAT THE HECK?

Like, how can an honest pet owner just leave behind three of their own like this?

Just rude.

Anyhow, a Good Samaritan happened to bring these cats to the Charleston Animal Society, and only after this did doctors notice something was up with our little feline, Juliet.

Juliet was brought to Charleston Animal Society along with two other cats by a Good Samaritan who said they had been left outside a home when their family moved out of state. Juliet seemed fine at first, but after several weeks, she began not eating and became lethargic. Radiographs showed she had an unusual sort of blockage in her stomach that would kill her if it was not removed.

What Dr. Jamison and the lifesaving team found was simply unbelievable — a seemingly endless bundle of strings that continued to come out as Dr. Jamison surgically removed them. "I've never seen anything like it," Dr. Jamison said.

Yup, and the blockage was hair ties.

38 hair ties.

Enough to make 19 sets of pigtails!

After everything was pulled out, the surgery team counted more than three dozen hair ties blocking Juliet's stomach, which had prevented her from eating or processing food…No damage was found in Juliet's intestines, however, a buildup of fat in her liver has caused a serious health condition that she is currently being treated for. "We have to make sure that as we feed her, we keep her electrolytes in balance," Jamison said.

Crazy!

Glad they could get those out, and I hope Juliet has an easy recovery.

The Charleston Animal Society had a tad bit of advice for pet owners, and I'll share it with you so we can all learn a lesson through Juliet's experience.

There is a lesson in all this for cat owners. While cats love to play with bouncy, stringy objects like hair ties and rubber bands, they should never do so unsupervised, because swallowing them may require medical attention.

Good advice!

HERE: https://notthebee.com/article/vets-remove-38-hair-ties-from-cats-stomach

msfntor, Jan 2, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  17. msfntor

msfntor Guest

[​IMG]
    SEEKING IMMORTALITY IN SPACE: ENCOUNTERS WITH ‘INTERSTELLAR MEMORABILIA’

·DECEMBER 27, 2022

The oldest known prehistoric art was drawn on a rock face in South Africa 73,000 years ago. In 2018, a Science paper announced the discovery of the oldest known cave paintings, made by Neanderthals at least 64,000 years ago, in the Spanish caves of La Pasiega, Maltravieso, and Ardales. What motivated this prehistoric art? Most likely, the urge by early humans to communicate information and preserve a record of their insights and experiences.

Currently, NASA’s Perseverance Rover is searching for signs of primitive early life on Mars. It would be even more interesting if future astronauts or rovers would search Mars for any ancient paintings inside its lava tubes. We know that Mars had liquid water and an atmosphere, the prerequisites for artists. Within a billion years, Mars dried up. If any painting is found on a Martian rock, it would imply that Martian intelligence predated ours and that art is a universal trait of all sentient beings.

But we should keep in mind that even the machinery of primitive life encodes information and maintains a record of it through replication. Abstractly, life can also be viewed as an attempt to maintain information in the face of noise and destructive threats from the environment. The natural tendency to delete information is apparent on any beach; after the death of shellfish, ocean waves rub seashells against each other, breaking them into indistinguishable grains of sand with a much lower information content.

Just like genetic replication, the artistic residues of human life in prehistoric cave paintings can be viewed as an attempt to gain immortality beyond the lifespan of the artists. This theme extends beyond art. We have children that preserve our family traits, we post photos that preserve our physical appearance, and we document words that preserve our thoughts. But this is an uphill battle, as absurd as Albert Camus’ description of Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the pointless task of pushing a rock up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

These encounters led me to recognize the temporary significance of physical monuments: libraries lose relevance in the age of the internet and luxury cars of the past are far less functional than their modern counterparts. Once our civilization will perish, astronauts looking at Earth from space will get their first data point on the lifespan of technological civilizations, L, the most consequential unknown in the Drake equation. Our entire technological infrastructure will definitely be erased after the Sun will burn the surface of Earth in a billion years. Despite our best efforts, from paintings on rocks to words in books to living descendants, mortality will prevail on Earth. Given this fate of our Sisyphian efforts, why bother?

From a cosmic perspective, attempts at immortality on a single planet like Earth are doomed to failure. The third dimension of space offers hope. In the long-term future, humanity might recognize space exploration and interstellar investigations as the best medication to the pain of its existential woes on Earth....

More: https://thedebrief.org/seeking-immortality-in-space-encounters-with-interstellar-memorabilia/

msfntor, Jan 2, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  18. msfntor

xperceniol

Yeah, I know, the days go by and I, I don't know, waiting for the world to change and I'll be dead. I don't know, glad you are getting out and I think not posting over at the other forum in the Detox thread and instead helping others over there and this here has been a weight off your shoulders.

xperceniol, Jan 3, 2023
    msfntor likes this.
  19. msfntor

msfntor Guest

I want to drink your milk…
    [​IMG]

msfntor, Jan 3, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  20. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Jan 3, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.