Funny DETOX News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by msfntor, Dec 14, 2022.

1. msfntor

msfntor Guest

This is a continuation of my detox topic from msfn.org, if you don't mind; have fun, friends!
    News from science, health, jokes, etc, all this mixed here.. what do you think about?

Like I wrote: "a nice topic about the good things in life, here is one...
    It's true, that we live in dark times for humanity as a whole, but then to detoxify from all this - we'll talk only about good things in life, if you want... All subjects are welcome here, as long as they will talk about pretty and nice side of life... about hope for better times, about interesting things for people eager to learn, with beautiful photos and videos, with mood and smiles.... in freedom."

Today, I've found nice photos from Japan, in this twitter compte of apullsapull @apullsapull : https://twitter.com/apullsapull

[​IMG]
    Mount Fuji

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hmm not bad these

msfntor, Dec 14, 2022
    legacyfan and xperceniol like this.
  2. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Go ahead, if you have something interesting, post here, please:)

(Font size above augmented to "4", looks good.)

msfntor, Dec 15, 2022
  3. msfntor

xperceniol

From another thread (of course) I'm doing well!

Love the new thread!

That dog is so sweet looking outside, is that an optical illusion?

xperceniol, Dec 15, 2022
    legacyfan and msfntor like this.
  4. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Thank you!
    - if you wish...optical illusion.:)

picture from apullsapull @apullsapull account avatar
    [​IMG]

This picture in the middle could be Fata Morgana (mirage), nice photo too. Fatamorgana.
    And first is the Mount Fuji, work of art, irreal photography, nice colors I love!

Fatamorgana nice example:
    Photo shows a ship hovering high above sea off Cornwall
    [​IMG]
    Image: David Morris

David Morris was “stunned” to notice a giant ship hovering in mid-air above the water as he looked out to sea from a hamlet near Falmouth in Cornwall, CornwallLive reported.

He recently captured an astonishing scene off the coast as he looked out to sea from Gillan, not far from Helston, that left him puzzled.

Hovering ship above the sea
    David Braine, BBC News meteorologist explained that what David Morris had recorded with his camera lens wasn’t levitation. It was a “superior mirage.” This forms by conditions more predictable in the frozen arctic than off the English coast. Such illusions can also occur in UK winters but they are very rare.

“Superior mirages occur because of the weather condition known as a temperature inversion, where cold air lies close to the sea with warmer air above it,” Braine said. “Since cold air is denser than warm air, it bends light towards the eyes of someone standing on the ground or on the coast, changing how a distant object appears.”

He added, “Superior mirages can produce a few different types of images. Here a distant ship appears to float high above its actual position, but sometimes an object below the horizon can become visible.”

The distinct pictures captured by Morris are some of the most precise examples of a superior mirage to date...
    MORE: https://insiderpaper.com/photo-ship-hovering-high-above-sea-air-cornwall/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2022
    msfntor, Dec 15, 2022
  5. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Dec 15, 2022
  6. msfntor

msfntor Guest

This is copy of one of latests posts from my detox topic on msfn.org, page 35:

melodysheep @musicalscience

Feb 18 2022

Wish you were here[​IMG]

The Sights of Space: Art Pack

Here: https://melodysheep.gumroad.com/l/qncdj

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

msfntor, Dec 15, 2022
  7. msfntor

msfntor Guest

8. msfntor

xperceniol

Very nice :)

xperceniol, Dec 15, 2022
  9. msfntor

msfntor Guest

What do you think to make the new topic "Café is served..." or "The XP café is served..."

PS. The moderator has forgot my previous post from yesterday here...for now

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2022
    msfntor, Dec 16, 2022
    legacyfan likes this.
  10. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Why do many people start running when they reach the age of 40?

12/16/2022, 8:00:51 AM

Fitness trainer Omer Rosenberg noticed a phenomenon among his trainees - when they reach the age of 40, suddenly the desire to get in shape increases. So he decided to check why this was happening

[​IMG]
    Important things to know about running (well! NEWS)

If once the 40-year-old crisis was characterized by an open sports car, today the cliché says that everyone who crosses 40 feels the need to sign up for a marathon and prove to themselves that they can.

And it's not just running, there are more and more men and women in their 40s who come to my studio with a clear goal - to get in top shape.

So why is this happening?

And why precisely at this age?

The first answer I came to following conversations with trainees is that the concept of "recalculating a route" is also relevant for the inner journey that many of us go through and reaches its own peak near the age of 40. The energy we invested in the 30s, which are usually focused on raising a family and developing a career, gives way to new paths.

We are more or less "in the middle of life" and find ourselves wondering what we have achieved, what we have missed and what can still be achieved.

At these ages we are also exposed to physical phenomena that we did not know before, hormonal changes, the rate of metabolism that changes, old new pains that resurface and remind us that we are less young than yesterday, and with them also the anxiety of the body's basic tendency to develop diseases, many of which are linked to the sedentary lifestyle, the lack of physical activity and unhealthy eating.

"Around the age of forty, a change occurs in a person's life"

"The term mid-life crisis, or 40-year-old crisis, was first introduced by the Canadian psychoanalyst Jacques Elliott in 1965," explains Chen Holtzman, an expert clinical psychologist, "It describes a stage in life, usually at the beginning of the fifth decade, when men and women begin to reevaluate of most of the essential issues in their lives, including hopes and dreams, relationships, forms of identity and aspects of self-realization."

Holtzman adds that "Around the age of 40, a change occurs in a person's life. Four decades are already behind him. He is not as young as before, but he is not yet old either. He is in the middle. He often stops to examine what he has been up to now and what he plans for the second half of his life. What He achieved, what can still be achieved and what dreams should be said goodbye to. Women in their 40s often leave traditional roles of raising children and become more busy themselves. This is a time when men and women reevaluate the choices they have made in their lives and look for change."

"This period may be a crisis, but it may also be an opportunity for change and growth. In the end, the time that passes reminds us that our time here is limited. Death becomes an actual future personal event, the body is no longer a well-oiled machine, the generation of parents above is aging and thus the encounter with our own finitude becomes inevitable," adds Holtzman, "in some cases this encounter will lead to the development of symptoms of depression and anxiety or to taking extreme steps to fulfill past dreams in order to avoid this threatening encounter. On the other hand, this is also a period with a lot of potential. The focus on oneself, the recognition of the partiality of life, acceptance of the passage of time and the ability to say goodbye to grandiose dreams and convert them into attainable wishes, all of which may bring about substantial and positive changes in a person's life. This is the time when people open up to seek new beneficial experiences and be filled with meaning."

"When I run I feel like I'm beating myself"

And when we talk about substantial and positive changes full of meaning, sports play an important role, and the answer usually shouts in front of our eyes when we go down to the park, the studio or the gym.

Many choose a movement that will provide them with the location of the "I" in the center, and make them feel better.

One of the most common actions among those experiencing a 40-year-old crisis is choosing to run as a tool to return to themselves, their bodies and their health.

It is a universal phenomenon and a common trend everywhere, and unlike many passing trends in the fitness world, running is here to stay.

Instant and fast gratification.

Elad, an engineer by profession who started with easy runs at the age of 40 and now already runs marathons says that "the reason I chose running is the fact that every time I run I bring myself to a place I have not been before, I feel that I am beating myself and it gives me satisfaction every time."

And why running and not other fitness?

First, running is very uncomplicated.

It is possible for everyone and it does not involve complex actions or movement sequences that require coordination.

Running has a simple action that stays with us from childhood to eternity or at least until our bodies allow us to.

It is also one of the most economically accessible sports, it is simply possible for everyone and apart from a pair of shoes you don't really need anything.

Of course, this does not contradict the fact that this is one of the industries that spend billions on gadgets such as heart rate monitors, and dedicated clothing, but those who really want to run can keep it easy and simple, run.

And here are some more benefits of running: this is what ten minutes of running will do for your health

How much do you really need to run a week to be healthy?

Running is one of the most effective actions we can give our body.

The World Health Organization recommends 150 minutes a week of aerobic activity and recent studies indicate the direct relationship between walking/running 10,000 steps a day and longevity preventing and dealing with heart disease, diabetes, stress and obesity and in fact has a positive effect on every physical parameter examined.

The great feeling after running is perhaps hard to explain in words, but in extensive tests conducted on the subject, running is an excellent solution even for those looking for mental health....
    MORE: https://newsrnd.com/life/2022-12-16...the-age-of-40----walla!-health.rJ2jP9Fdi.html

- so detox your life, run!

msfntor, Dec 16, 2022
  11. msfntor

xperceniol

Yes, very helpful and we all need this reminder to not allow ourselves to become sedentary. Guilty as charged :(

xperceniol, Dec 16, 2022
  12. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Dec 16, 2022
    legacyfan likes this.
  13. msfntor

msfntor Guest

The Schist Disk: Egypt and “Advanced” Technology

By James R. Coffey

Last updated on December 16th, 2022 at 03:43 am

Since discovered in 1936 in the Egyptian village of Saqqara, the so-called “Schist Disk” has been used to support the widely-held contention that the ancient Egyptian culture acquired technology far superior to their own at some point in their development from an outside source.

And while this disk may not be definitive proof of that contention, considering all that is known about the Egyptian culture after nearly two centuries of concerted study, the Egyptians of 3000 BCE did not have the capabilities to create such a sophisticated piece of technology. Yet, they did.

[​IMG]
    The Schist Disk

The Mystifying Discovery
    Uncovered by renowned British Egyptologist Brian Walter Emery while excavating the tomb of Prince Sabu, son of Adjuib Pharaoh, governor of the First Dynasty (circa 3000 BCE), the Schist Disk was found among some common funerary objects (including stone vessels, flint knives, arrows, and a few copper tools) Emery initially cataloged as “a container in the form of a schist bowl.”

The term schist, derived from the Greek word σχ?ζειν meaning “to split” (referring to the relative ease with which this material can be split along the lateral plane), is a category of medium-grade metamorphic rock rich in what are termed “lamellar” minerals, which include mica, chlorite, talc, hornblende, and graphite.

Derived from clay and mud, which have undergone a series of extreme physical-chemical (transitioning from shale to slate to phyllite), most schists are made of mica, but graphite and chlorite are also quite common.

And while the existence of ancient objects made of this hard but brittle material is far from rare, the design and craftsmanship of this disk, in particular, is astounding—if not more than a little eerie. Not only did it require extraordinary practice and patience to create, but other similarly-crafted pieces also have never been found.

The Realm of Incredibility
    Approximately one cm thick (approximately two-fifths of an inch), 61cm in diameter (24 inches), and 10.6 cm (4.2 inches) in the center, the method used to craft the Schist Disk remains unknown. It continues to confound craftsmen even after two centuries.

Resembling a plate or concave steering wheel of a car, it has three cuts or curved “shovels” that resemble the helix of a boat, and in the center is an opening with a collar that would appear to function as the receptacle of some axis of a wheel or other unknown mechanism; perhaps a central hub designed to fit onto a wooden pole.

Although experimental archaeologists have offered several possible engineering scenarios to explain how the Egyptians may have accomplished other incredible feats of construction, such as the pyramids and the Great Sphinx, the Schist Disk remains within the realm of: How could they possibly have conceived, let alone accomplished that?

But unlike the monumental works created by the Egyptians, which can be visually traced through several stages of technological success and failure, no earlier prototypes or unsuccessful attempts at constructing a schist disk have been discovered during decades of Egyptian excavation.

It is as if one and only one disk was created—perfect and flawless. However, renowned British Egyptologist Cyril Aldred rejects this idea asserting that regardless of what purpose the object was intended to serve, its design was, without a doubt, a replication of a previous, much older metallic object. (An object never discovered.)

Adding to the mystery of the object’s construction is the well-documented theory that the introduction of the wheel to Egyptian society didn’t occur until the Hyksos invasion of the late Middle Kingdom (around 1640 BCE). The Hyksos are historically known to have employed the wheel on several devices but used it primarily on their military chariots.

Thus, one must ask: If the Schist Disk is not a wheel nor modeled after a wheel, from what was it conceived? And how could a culture that typically used crudely-made copper or bronze chisels to hew stone by hand have mastered a technique to work a material as delicate as mica to this extraordinary level of perfection?

And perhaps most importantly, why would the Egyptians invest the time, tools and skills needed to create this object if it didn’t serve some specific, very significant purpose?

Other-Worldly Origins?
    Even after nearly a century of theorizing and speculation, the Schist Disk remains just as much an enigma as when first discovered.

For a growing number of both scholars and laypeople, this mysterious object has been added to a growing list of accomplishments demonstrating technological and engineering feats far beyond the capabilities of what continues to be viewed as a “primitive” and “less advanced” culture.

In recent years, this belief has led to a growing number who support the assumption that the ancient Egyptians must have been provided advanced technological knowledge from an outside source (even, perhaps, aliens from beyond our solar system).

And while this assertion lacks credence with the modern scientific community, there can be no denying that the Egyptians somehow succeeded in technological accomplishments that should have been beyond their abilities–according to everything we know about them today.

The Ongoing Mystery
    Currently, the Schist Disk is housed in the first wing of the Egyptian Museum of Cairo and labeled an “incense container,” although there is no proof (nor even common consensus) to support this assertion.

What is certain, however, is that during the time of its construction, stone carving was a much more sophisticated skill than modern scientists had initially imagined.

Even so, the Schist Disk continues to constitute one of the most perplexing Egyptian and ancient civilization mysteries,providing fuel for all those who flatly refuse to believe that such an advanced piece of technology could have been conceived and created by any ancient culture–without other-worldly help. Many even speculate that it was intended to serve some other-worldly purpose.

References/Sources
    Schist Disk Video:

www.ancientpages.com2013/06/30/schist-disk-mysterious-piece-sophisticated-technology-rewrite-history-scientists-not-sure-dealing/

The Tomb of Sabu: https://www.oocities.org/unforbidden_geology/Tomb_3111.html

msfntor, Dec 16, 2022
    legacyfan likes this.
  14. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Dec 16, 2022
    legacyfan and priscus like this.
  15. msfntor

msfntor Guest

16. msfntor

priscus

I only began running in my sixties.

It was good for a while.

Had to quit in my seventies though: knees could no longer take the impact.

So, for a while, did a lot of walking. Sadly that too now getting to be a bit iffy!

priscus, Dec 16, 2022
    legacyfan, xperceniol and msfntor like this.
  17. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Dec 16, 2022
    legacyfan, xperceniol and priscus like this.
  18. msfntor

xperceniol

xperceniol, Dec 17, 2022
  19. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Man Paralyzed from the Neck Down from Rare Disease Makes Incredible Recovery, Now Back at the Gym
    By
    Good News Network
    -
    Dec 15, 2022

[​IMG]
    Guillain-Barre Syndrome – SWNS
    A man who was paralyzed from the neck down has made an incredible recovery and is back in the gym just six months after becoming ill with a potentially deadly immune disorder.

Actor Cody Hively was just 27 when he received a diagnosis for a severe form of the Guillain-Barre syndrome, a lethal condition in around 1 of 20 patients.

Guillain-Barre syndrome is an immune disorders that causes the immune system to attack the patient’s nerves.

Hively spent three months in a hospital receiving intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG), a treatment for patients with antibody deficiencies.

But he is now back in the gym, just six months after falling ill and after having to learn how to walk again.

It began in mid-January 2022 with numbness and tingling in the feet, and progressed to complete numbness up to the shoulders.

In early February Hively was hospitalized, where he became completely paralyzed two weeks later.

“Every day the doctors said the same thing, this could stop tomorrow, or it could just keep getting worse,” said Hively

The symptoms were so severe that he was only able to nod his head slightly and nurses had to use an alphabet board to talk to him. He had to be intubated because he was unable to breathe or swallow properly.

“It was really disturbing,” he recalled. “I was a prisoner to my own body, minutes turned into days turned into weeks turned into months. My whole body felt like it was on fire.”

CHECK OUT: New Simple Therapy Offers Potentially Groundbreaking Treatment Option for ALS and Other Autoimmune Diseases

Fortunately for a physically active young man with his whole life ahead of him, the treatment was successful, and sensation gradually returned to his body. He was moved to an in-patient rehabilitation clinic on March 17th, where he began recovery.

Hively had to re-learn to use most of his muscles and underwent four hours of physical therapy a day, but by early-July was able to walk short distances with some help.

RELATED: Woman Becomes ‘Natural Suppressor’ of HIV as Her Body Completely Clears the Disease – Doctors Find Only Antibodies

“I’m a person who enjoys being physical and active, so I’m used to working for things like this,” said Hively. “When I began walking it felt like I was alive again, each week I would make progress even if it was a couple of extra steps.”

By August, he was back in the gym, admitting that he didn’t think he was going to be that 1 in 20;
    he never lost hope.

HERE: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/man...akes-incredible-recovery-now-back-at-the-gym/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2022
    msfntor, Dec 17, 2022
    legacyfan likes this.
  20. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Years After She Smells Parkinson’s Disease on Her Husband, Woman is Now Paving the Way for Early Detection Test
    By
    McKinley Corbley
    -
    Apr 13, 2019
    [​IMG]

Joy Milne (left) and Professor Perdita Barran – University of Manchester

This woman’s keen sense of smell is being used to develop a tool that could be a major step forward in detecting and treating Parkinson’s disease.

Joy Milne is a retired nurse who possesses a very singular talent: she is capable of smelling Parkinson’s disease in other people.

The 68-year-old from Perth, Scotland first caught scent of the disease’s “musky, oily odor” when she smelled it on her now-late husband Les. 12 years after she first detected the smell, he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s at the age of 45.

Milne did not realize that she had been smelling the disease for over a decade until she attended a support group for Parkinson’s patients and found that everyone of them had the same distinctive smell.

RELATED: First Parkinson’s Patient to Get Unique Stem Cell Treatment Could Pave the Way for Many More by 2023

After mentioning her strange discovery to Parkinson’s researchers, they began working with the retired nurse in order to test her olfactory abilities.

Milne was asked to smell several dozen tee-shirts worn by patients with, and without, the disease. In addition to being able to identify which shirts belonged to Parkinson’s patients, Milne also smelled the disease on a shirt worn by a “healthy” participant. Eight months later, the patient received a positive diagnosis.

The tests revealed that the Scottish woman was 98% accurate in diagnosing the disease in 50 different shirt samples. After conducting further research, scientists discovered that Milne was smelling a compound contained in the patients’ sebum. Sebum is the waxy, lipid-based biofluid which moisturizes and protects the skin, particularly on the forehead and upper back. Excessive production of the substance is a known symptom of Parkinson’s – and now, thanks to Milne’s nose, scientists have identified specific biomarkers in the sebum that serve as red flags for the disease.

MORE: Parkinson’s Researchers Now Have $24 Million To Keep Going Thanks to Funding From Michael J. Fox

“Finding changes in the oils of the skin in Parkinson’s is an exciting discovery that was sparked by a simple conversation between a member of the public and a researcher,” said Professor David Dexter, Deputy Director of Research at Parkinson’s UK.

“More research is needed to find out at what stage a skin test could detect Parkinson’s, or whether it is also occurs in other Parkinson’s related disorders, but the results so far hold real potential. Both to change the way we diagnose the condition and it may even help in the development of new and better treatments for the 145,00 people living with Parkinson’s in the UK.”

Despite being the second most common neurodegenerative disease next to Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s does not yet have a cure – but early detection could help researchers develop future treatments and therapies to slow the disease’s progression or stop it altogether.

WATCH: Alan Alda Announces Parkinson’s Diagnosis, But He Wants to Use It to Inspire People

And thanks to Milne’s help in the research, which was published last month in the journal ACS Central Science, scientists could now be one step closer to developing a non-invasive procedure to detect the disease before symptoms even start to occur.

“This could have a huge impact not only for earlier and conclusive diagnosis but also help patients monitor the effect of therapy,” says University of Manchester Professor Perdita Barran, one of the study’s lead researchers. “We hope to apply this to at risk patient groups to see if we can diagnose pre-motor symptoms, and assist with potential early treatment.

Here: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/woman-smells-parkinsons-paves-way-for-early-detection/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2022
    msfntor, Dec 17, 2022
    legacyfan likes this.
Ask a Question