Funny DETOX News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by msfntor, Dec 14, 2022.

1. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Jan 9, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  2. msfntor

legacyfan

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/stolen-egyptian-coffin-houston-museum-17694073.php. How a stolen Egyptian sarcophagus ended up at a Houston. TX museum
    The nearly 10-foot-tall 'Green Coffin' was reportedly smuggled by a group known as the Dib-Simonian network. An oversized green Egyptian coffin lid most recently featured at the Houston Museum of Natural Science was returned to the people of Egypt this week, months after U.S. authorities discovered the artifact had been plundered in the past. Known as the "Green Coffin," the ancient sarcophagus decorated with hieroglyphic texts was handed over on Monday in a repatriation ceremony in Cairo, per a report from the Associated Press.
    The nearly 10-foot-tall brightly painted coffin lid dates back to the Late Dynastic Period of ancient Egypt between 664 and 332 B.C., and belonged to an ancient Egyptian priest named Ankhenmaat, according to the Manhattan District Attorney's Office. In September, the New York prosecutor's office determined the ancient relic, valued at more than $1 million, was looted from an archaeological site in Abu Sir Necropolis.

Per Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg, the coffin was trafficked by a group dubbed the Dib-Simonian network and smuggled through Germany into the U.S. in 2008. It was then sold to a private collector, who loaned the piece to the Michael C. Carlos Museum at Emory University until 2013, when it was loaned to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. "This stunning coffin was trafficked by a well-organized network that has looted countless antiquities from the region," Bragg said in a press release. "We are pleased that this object will be returned to Egypt, where it rightly belongs."
    The nearly 10-foot-tall brightly painted coffin lid dates back to the Late Dynastic Period of ancient Egypt between 664 and 332 B.C., and belonged to an ancient Egyptian priest named Ankhenmaat, according to the Manhattan District Attorney's Office. In September, the New York prosecutor's office determined the ancient relic, valued at more than $1 million, was looted from an archaeological site in Abu Sir Necropolis.
    Per Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg, the coffin was trafficked by a group dubbed the Dib-Simonian network and smuggled through Germany into the U.S. in 2008. It was then sold to a private collector, who loaned the piece to the Michael C. Carlos Museum at Emory University until 2013, when it was loaned to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. "This stunning coffin was trafficked by a well-organized network that has looted countless antiquities from the region," Bragg said in a press release. "We are pleased that this object will be returned to Egypt, where it rightly belongs."

legacyfan, Jan 9, 2023
    xperceniol and msfntor like this.
  3. msfntor

msfntor Guest

WILDEST DREAMS HAHA @swiftoursonggg

Dec 20, 2022

Replying to

@OTerrifying

this is my favorite experience
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1605040389744111617

-sorry for double posting from another MSFN.org forum I've posted already, but I would like to make you aware of the fact, that interesting things can also happen elsewhere than HERE on XPforums.com!...:D

msfntor, Jan 9, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  4. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Having Kids: Pros and Cons
    FAMILY·Jan 9, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

Children are a blessing from the Lord! But are you ready for the responsibilities and trials of parenthood?

Our panel of experts has compiled a list of pros and cons
    to help you decide if you're ready to be fruitful and multiply.

Pro: Adorable little babies whose cheeks you just want to chew (gross).

Con: Turn into punk teenagers you really want to punch in the face (and not chew).

Pro: They say things like, "You're the best mom/dad."

Con: Also things like, "I need money."

Pro: Always someone around who wants to play board games.

Con: They want to play Candy Land: Legacy.

Pro: An army of warriors for Christ who can change the world is within your grasp!

Con: They may choose a gender studies major instead.

Pro: They look really cute in dinosaur onesies.

Con: They're basically useless until they're 5.

Pro: You can see the world anew through their eyes.

Con: They won't care about half the stuff you show them.

Pro: You get to teach them to be just like you.

Con: They grow up to be just like you.

Pro: You'll experience new emotions you never knew existed.

Con: Harry Chapin's "Cat's in the Cradle" will make you cry every time.

Pro: The instant spiritual connection you have with the baby will make you believe in a soul.

Con: You'll become more aware of your sin. Ouch!

So... do you think you're ready? If you don't think you are, you should have some kids anyway. It'll be good for you.

Here: https://babylonbee.com/news/having-kids-pros-and-cons

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2023
    msfntor, Jan 10, 2023
    xperceniol and legacyfan like this.
  5. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Nearly all of California is getting slammed by flooding. Check out the insane videos.
    NTB Staff
    ··Jan 10, 2023 · NottheBee.com
    [​IMG]
    You've probably heard that California is currently being battered by major storms and intense flooding. Did you know 90% of the state is under flood watch?

A powerful storm is moving into Southern California after forcing thousands to the north to evacuate, prompting dozens of water rescues, causing widespread damage and bringing to 14 the tally of people killed in the state's recent relentless weather.

More than 11 million people in western Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties are under a flood warning early Tuesday, while some 34 million people across California – about 10% of all Americans – are under flood watches as the risk of mudslides also shifts to the Los Angeles and San Diego areas.

Reading about it is alarming. Seeing it is something else: https://notthebee.com/article/nearl...ammed-by-flooding-check-out-the-insane-videos

msfntor, Jan 10, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  6. msfntor

legacyfan

good post @msfntor

legacyfan, Jan 10, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  7. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Scoring MASSIVE swell in Southern California !!! GNARLY Shorebreak and 10 second tube !!!

msfntor, Jan 10, 2023
  8. msfntor

msfntor Guest

The Wedge - Biggest and Gnarliest Day of Summer 2022 !!! (RAW FOOTAGE)

msfntor, Jan 10, 2023
  9. msfntor

legacyfan

https://popculture.com/trending/new...dessert-blueberry-creme-pie-but-theres-catch/ McDonald's Brings Back Fan-Favorite Dessert, But There's a Catch

A fan-favorite desert is making its return to McDonald's. Guests heading to their local Golden Arches may soon be able to order the beloved Blueberry & Crème Pie, with several outlets and social media posts indicating that the treat is back on menus at select locations across the U.S. A favorite on the ever-changing McDonald's dessert menu, the Blueberry & Crème Pie is similar to the fast food chain's other crème pies, featuring a long slot on top that shows the dual fillings. The pie is made with blueberries and vanilla flavored crème baked side-by-side in a flaky sugar-coated, baked crust, giving way to an "amazing" desert that one person said they "10/10 recommend.Overall, McDonald's Blueberry & Creme Pie turned out very well. The blueberry flavor comes across rather nicely and works well with the crème. The crust was slightly flaky with a nice, crispy surface. Inside, the creme was sufficiently creamy and sweet," Brand Eating wrote in a previous review for the menu item. "It paired nicely with the blueberry filling, which was fruity with a definite note of blueberry but was only slightly tangy. Neither filling was too runny and there were some whole blueberries in there. There was a good amount of filling inside and a well-balanced filling-to-crust ratio." According to various social media posts, the pies began reappearing at selection McDonald's locations this month. It is unclear if the pies will reappear nationwide, though one thing is certain: they will only be on the menu for a limited time. Brand Eating reports that while prices vary, thy go around $1.29 for one or two for $2.19. Other pies currently available in select regions include Strawberry & Creme Pies and Holiday Pies.The return of the Blueberry & Crème Pie is just one thing to get excited about. Also available at select locations, per Chew Boom, is a sweet deal that allows you to get Buy One, Get One For $1.According to the outlet, at select McDonald's locations guests can purchase a Big Mac, a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets, or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and get a second one for just $1. The offer has been spotted at locations in Missouri and Oregon. The chain is also reportedly offering large soft drinks for $1.59 – $1.69 in Colorado.

legacyfan, Jan 10, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  10. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Jan 11, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  11. msfntor

xperceniol

This seems interesting and I'll watch this later.

xperceniol, Jan 11, 2023
    msfntor likes this.
  12. msfntor

xperceniol

Yeah, I do hope to build up this great canvas, but I know everything takes time and people are busy nowadays.

xperceniol, Jan 11, 2023
  13. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2023
    msfntor, Jan 11, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  14. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Jan 11, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  15. msfntor

msfntor Guest

[​IMG]
    COURTESY OF AMAZON PRIME VIDEO

Former soldier Harry Turner is on a mission to reintroduce orphaned baby ocelot Keanu into a habitat in the Peruvian Amazon in the documentary "Wildcat", directed by Trevor Beck Frost and Melissa Lesh.

RESILIENCE
    On film: A veteran finds healing, with help from an orphaned ocelot
    January 3, 2023

Trevor Beck Frost went to the Amazon jungle to make a film about anacondas. While in Peru, he discovered a more compelling subject: a man attempting to reintroduce an orphaned ocelot into the wild.

“Wildcat,” which Mr. Frost co-directed with Melissa Lesh, tells the story of Harry Turner, a British ex-soldier who’d fought in Afghanistan. Dealing with depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, Mr. Turner flew to the Peruvian Amazon to take his own life. He reasoned that no one would know what had become of him.

In Peru, Mr. Turner eventually met Samantha Zwicker, a young scientist trying to reintegrate an ocelot into its habitat. Their friendship and common mission helped Mr. Turner start to heal.

WHY WE WROTE THIS
    RESILIENCE
    How does one emerge from serious despair? Trevor Beck Frost, co-director of the film “Wildcat,” discusses how an ex-soldier discovered a deeper sense of meaning and redemption when he found an orphaned ocelot that needed him to survive.

Mr. Frost spoke with the Monitor via Zoom about the film, now streaming on Amazon Prime Video. The conversation has been edited for length and clarity.

How did caring for the ocelot help Mr. Turner mend?

He struggles with depression and PTSD. And then he also has this serious idea that he’s failed at everything that he’s done before and that connects back to the war.
    He very quickly went to ... the front lines in Afghanistan and comes to the realization that he’s fighting a war that he doesn’t believe in and he doesn’t really understand why he’s there. So when he got to the [Peruvian] rainforest, he was really looking for something that would make him feel alive and give him a sense of purpose.

It was truly a story of redemption. More than anything, that sense of purpose was tied to this idea that something needed him.

What challenges did you face in the jungle?

When everyone asks us what was the most difficult thing about making this film, it certainly wasn’t the physical aspects of production. It was the emotional aspects. It was watching people that you cared so deeply about struggling so intensely. This was really the first time in my life where I was exposed to people who are struggling with such darkness at times. I certainly wasn’t prepared for that.

[​IMG]
    COURTESY OF AMAZON PRIME VIDEO
    “Wildcat” co-director Trevor Beck Frost says of Keanu, the ocelot, “It’s quite intoxicating to be around an animal that’s so beautiful and elegant and strong.”

Did you fall in love with Keanu, the ocelot, even though you had no interaction due to the protocols limiting his human contact?

Every single time we would go down to the rainforest, Harry would have hours of footage to share with us. There was some sort of new behavior or something funny that Keanu did, like climb a tree and fall down, or encountering a crocodile or a snake. ... We were able to see him [and] it’s quite intoxicating to be around an animal that’s so beautiful and elegant and strong.

There’s a phrase, “healing through nature,” that has been used to describe this movie. What does that phrase mean to you?

Of the last 15 years, I’ve spent the majority of my time actually in super remote environments away from my family and friends. I find that almost all of my worries and anxieties and concerns go away. My depression usually lifts. Certainly that was what drew Harry and Samantha to the rainforest.

[Studies have shown] that when patients have photos of nature in a hospital room … [they] recover faster than patients that have nothing or have other artwork. ... They actually started to take patients out into little rooftop gardens ... and they saw even faster recovery times from illness and from surgery.

Even though we see Harry in particular continuing to struggle throughout this process ... his life was saved by that place.

What do you hope viewers will learn about wildlife conservation?

We live in a world where increasingly people are afraid to take action. There’s a general belief that you need to have X, Y, Z certifications before you go out and do something. There’s a lot of problems, not just in wildlife conservation … but in so many different social issues. We need more people who are willing to just act and figure out things in the process. What I want people to take away from [the film] is that you can make a difference. You don’t have to have every single thing lined up perfectly before you take something on.

“Wildcat” is rated R for language. The film is available to stream on Amazon Prime Video.

Here: https://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultu...nds-healing-with-help-from-an-orphaned-ocelot

msfntor, Jan 13, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  16. msfntor

msfntor Guest

msfntor, Jan 13, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  17. msfntor

msfntor Guest

You are not a horse. You are not a cow... But we hope you are a sheep...
    https://strangesounds.substack.com/p/you-are-not-a-horse-you-are-not-a

...and this is the occasion to thank Manuel for his daily sendings, which allow me to inform you with such precision...

..for example, today:
    THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE IS FINDING TOO MANY EARLY GALAXIES
    “Our previously favored picture of galaxy formation in the early universe must be revised,”
    - this is here: https://skyandtelescope.org/astrono...telescope-is-finding-too-many-early-galaxies/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2023
    msfntor, Jan 13, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  18. msfntor

xperceniol

^I see, will watch tonight as I'm just watching my old DVDs. I'm letting another person use my computer (the unthinkable) but they needed to and I'm of the few here that even have one, most guys and the lady down the hall use their phone and say they don't one and now look ... they do need to print and I'm looking over my shoulder.

Draft Saved so should just post since its logged anyway. Hehe :~)

xperceniol, Jan 14, 2023
    msfntor likes this.
  19. msfntor

msfntor Guest

Eat Bugs! It’s What’s For Dinner (- for you - but NOT me...haha, my wife makes good, healthy traditional food, I wish the same for you all...:cool: )
    [​IMG]
    -ah, poor bugs...

"Farming edible insects to feed people and livestock could help improve food security and support developing economies and potentially replace conventional animal feed" (hmm it's not sick this?.)

Well, this weird article (signed Forbes) is here: https://archive.ph/1mFfq

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2023
    msfntor, Jan 16, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  20. msfntor

msfntor Guest

...and this same "Forbes" gives us the gift of another relevant article:

You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’ When It Comes To Science
    [​IMG]

Tap water is seen in this photo illustration in Washington, DC, on August 19, 2019. A recent, but ... [+] AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

[​IMG]
    Maintaining a sufficient physical distance of 2 meters or more is a highly recommended intervention ...... [+]DPA/PICTURE ALLIANCE VIA GETTY IMAGES

It's not funny, all this?..
    Whole article here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...and-other-stars-are-ditching-their-managers/?

msfntor, Jan 16, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
Ask a Question