Mypal browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP Security' started by trimis, Oct 31, 2018.

1. trimis

Janice

Things are looking beautiful now, thanks to you.

Add-ons.JPG
    Is it possible to tell me your source for Noscript and ghostery in your post #98?

I have done this with Gostery and Noscript. Privacy bdger and Self-destructing cookies were installed automatically. Where do I find their .xpi files please?

Janice, Nov 5, 2020
  2. trimis

ClippyBeer

The source is my hard drive. I couldn't find NoScript or Ghostery legacy versions that will work in MyPal anywhere. Privacy Badger for MyPal was also a scavenger hunt.

There used to be a site that had all mozilla legacy extensions (legacycollector.org) but it shut down December 2019. There is also an extension called Classic Add-ons Archive but I wasn't able to download any extensions from that either.

Easiest way to backup your installed extensions to XPI files is with FEBE (that's what I use). It can also be used to backup up other things (Themes etc.) but that has always given me problems so I just use it for backing up my extensions. It also gives you a report after backing up.

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/regarding-serpent-browser.933970/#post-3263360

ClippyBeer, Nov 6, 2020
    Janice and Elizabeth23 like this.
  3. trimis

Janice

I have been using Simple Add-on Manager in Firefox since last year, when you posted about it in the link you gave me above. Didn't know it was good for MyPal too. Thank you for the link to FEBE, which I had forgotten.
    I found a link to Classic Add-ons Archive xpi file here and the download works: https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases

And the Legacycollector here: https://archive.org/details/Firefox_Legacy_Collector_Dump
    It's a huge 14.2 GB Folder!

I found both those here: https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/dtof68/legacycollectororg_legacy_addons_archive_is/ There are some other interesting links also here.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Janice, Nov 7, 2020
    ClippyBeer and trimis like this.
  4. trimis

ClippyBeer

Thanks Janice - I saw the 14.2 GB dump when I was looking for Ghostery/NoScript but wasn't about to download that. Even when it was still around there were lots of extensions that didn't work right or at all. I already have all the extensions I need backed up so I have no need for that or the classic add-on archive anymore.

Yes, Simple Add-on Manager rocks - too bad there isn't any equivalent in modern Mozilla browsers.

The good thing about FEBE is that it backs up all your installed extensions, including itself! Very handy since legacy websites seem to be dropping like flies so one day the FEBE site might vanish.

ClippyBeer, Nov 10, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  5. trimis

Janice

Yes, I am going to save this in 2 external hard drives for good measure! Thank you.

Janice, Nov 11, 2020
  6. trimis

trimis

Is it possible to archive extensions/addons by burning them onto CDs or DVDs? I would like to preserve my ones in case of another hard drive failure, and also the Classic Addons Archive 2.0.3 and Legacy Collector Dump. If so, I'll probably have my tech guy do it. Any idea how many CDs or DVDs it will take?

trimis, Nov 14, 2020
  7. trimis

Janice

I am confused. All versions from 10.0 and above are marked as "For Pale Moon only". What should I do?

Janice, Nov 14, 2020
  8. trimis

ClippyBeer

You install it - MyPal is a fork of Pale Moon so 10.0+ versions will work just fine, I just installed it in MyPal.

You want to uncheck "Run Asychronously" in Options->How to backup or FEBE won't work.

[​IMG]

If you want to install FEBE in Centaury/Serpent/Firefox etc you need to install the older 8.x versions, the 10.x versions won't work.

ClippyBeer, Nov 15, 2020
    Mike80060, Elizabeth23 and Janice like this.
  9. trimis

Janice

ClippyBeer, thank you very much :)

Janice, Nov 16, 2020
  10. trimis

Mike80060

@ClippyBeer and others,

first of all, thank you for this great topic. Also, I'm very grateful MyPal browser exists, and updated frequently.

I have one dilemma and quick question for you.

Biggest local free classifieds in my country, recently they applied map location, or simply said, one must verify location, while pointing exact location via mouse, prior of sending or editing you advert.

Please look at the bottom of the page. Just for sake of example, random advert :

https://www.njuskalo.hr/auti/saab-9.5-2.0-ttid-oglas-31939217

can anyone using Mypal browser (XP OS) actually see the map being generated and shown at the end of the page?

I ask this, because, I can't see this map in any of my FF/Seamonkey/...Mypal browsers.

Some generate portion. but not in any functional way of being able to precise my location.

I'm using WS2003 at home, my favorite OS. So I have to visit this site from other machines in house (Win7/10/MacOS) and no problem with this boring map.

So my question is this:

a) Is this OS limitation WS2003/XP not being able to render this map?

b) I'm using special Matrox card on WS2003 for 5 monitors. Acceleration of this car resides in mpg2 dates.

c) if some of you can actually see this map on your Mypal XP machines, could you kindly advise, what do I need to do in Mypal config, to make it work?

Thank you kindly for your patience and solutions

Mike80060, Nov 30, 2020
  11. trimis

Elizabeth23

did not see any map, does Karta mean map??

Elizabeth23, Nov 30, 2020
    Mike80060 likes this.
  12. trimis

Mike80060

Mike80060, Nov 30, 2020
  13. trimis

trimis

No map in Mypal, Centaury or Firefox.

trimis, Dec 5, 2020
    Mike80060 likes this.
  14. trimis

Mike80060

Thank you Trimis,

I'm not quite sure is the partly obsolete Java to blame, some combiation of HTML5/H265?

Incidentally, I’ve looked into some other capable long wolfs among XP browsers. Tried yesterday, one that Elizabeth23 mentioned in other topic. Stone, something. Dreadful GUI, but he actually attempted creating the map and then failed.

I hope to hear and learn more about possible solutions for Mypal to make it work. Mypal is really the only browser (specially with old add-ons) that I like design wise in XP land

Mike80060, Dec 5, 2020
  15. trimis

Elizabeth23

I am in Mypal for this forum and I can see the map on the link (in Mypal), therefore if the image is created in mypal from a different link , then I believe that the website itself has something that prevents the map creation.

below info came from Here

Browser shows images, but some are missing

When only certain images are missing, it's usually a problem with the website you're visiting and not your computer or browser. More specifically, some images don't load for one or more of the following reasons.

Possible causes

• The web page is not pointing to the correct URL (location) of the image.
    • The server or computer hosting the image has moved or removed the image, and the web page has not yet been updated.
    • The web page or computer hosting the image is getting too many requests and can't send you the image.
    • Your protection software is blocking the image.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Elizabeth23, Dec 5, 2020
    Mike80060 likes this.
  16. trimis

Mike80060

@Elizabeth23,

it is very important to be precise, when you say, you see the map on the link - which link exactly?

The first link, or the last link? Because, the second link, anyone in any browser can see the map in that link, as it is generated by archive, as "snapshot" example.

No, as I said before, I can see that map always with any browser with any OS after XP. Both PC or OSX.

I've actually contacted that site, but alas, developers are kept away from support, so support really only provides general type of explanation. None of any substance to serve some solution. They only said, one must use the latest OS/browser.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Mike80060, Dec 6, 2020
  17. trimis

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 6, 2020
    Mike80060 likes this.
  18. trimis

Mike80060

Yes, this is the link, that is already generated for you. So your browser does not play any role in generating that map. So this does not count as solution. I gave this link so that anyone can see how this map looks when generated.

Solution for mypal is for this link, from the original site to generate this map:
    https://www.njuskalo.hr/auti/saab-9.5-2.0-ttid-oglas-31939217

When this link in Mypal would grant us the map, then it is working.

So looking forward for any possible solutions.

Anyone familiar with the maker of Mypal? Or any developer from his team?

Mike80060, Dec 6, 2020
  19. trimis

trimis

I tried it just now, and the map is still missing, with all addons disabled in Mypal, Centaury, & Firefox.

trimis, Dec 9, 2020
  20. trimis

Mike80060

Thank you, Trimis, for your comment.

Surely that has to be some solution?

@ClippyBeer ?

anyone else would like to share some light on this?

Mike80060, Dec 15, 2020
Ask a Question