Mypal browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP Security' started by trimis, Oct 31, 2018.

1. trimis

ClippyBeer

Map works for me in MyPal 28.8.2, extensions enabled (Ublock Origin, Ghostery and several others).

[​IMG]

You have to scroll to the middle of the page and wait a few moments for the map to render but it does work.

ClippyBeer, Dec 16, 2020
    Mike80060 and Elizabeth23 like this.
  2. trimis

Mike80060

ClippyBeer,

much obliged for you response, but alas, I'm confused with you version of MyPal?

28.8.2?

I have the latest update (28.16.0 32-bit) but looking at release notes, I can't find this version.
    How old is this version?

I have before disabled, just about any extension that might block the mape, and I don't even have many, but this changed nothing.

The map in Mypal version, for a few seconds tries to generate, and then just stops.

Beside, for now, your mystery version of Mypal, is there anything else special on your version? Something, perhaps, from extensions, that is actually helping better rendering/show or any other help in making this map work?

thank you

Mike80060, Dec 17, 2020
  3. trimis

Mike80060

Please forgive my typos, I was writing so quickly.

Addendum to my previous question.

ClippyBeer,

do you have any special setup within your MyPal? For example, Eclipsed Moon/preferences? Anything above defaults?

Also, you mention Ghostery extension for MyPal? How is this possible, when I see none available for MyPal?

I mention this in desire to replicate you setup, to see if the same map would work for me also.

Mike80060, Dec 18, 2020
  4. trimis

flavallee Guest

MyPal 28.16.0 was released on November 26, 2020.

Version 28.17.0 should be released very soon.

flavallee, Dec 18, 2020
    Mike80060 likes this.
  5. trimis

Mike80060

@flavallee,

I know, but ClippyBeer mentions MyPal 28.8.2 version? Perhaps it was a typo? Waiting to hear his reply.

Mike80060, Dec 18, 2020
  6. trimis

ClippyBeer

Not a typo. I am running 28.8.2. Works fine, I am not of the "Always update to the newest version because it's new" wrong way of thinking.

I honestly can't explain why the map doesn't fully render for you - maybe it's some quirk with WS2003 or your Matrox card drivers since you can't view this map in any other browser on that PC. Sorry but I have very little experience with WS2003.

In any case you can download MyPal 28.8.2 or any previous versions from the releases page.
    https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

Ghostery for MyPal can be downloaded here:

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/mypal-browser.933699/page-5#post-3265601

Does Google Maps work in WS2003?

https://maps.google.com

ClippyBeer, Dec 19, 2020
    Mike80060 and cornemuse like this.
  7. trimis

cornemuse

Bingo! As in anything and everything.

cornemuse, Dec 19, 2020
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  8. trimis

Mike80060

Well, since my main browser is still FF 52x ESR, I think that tells you how much I care for the latest. But MyPal is superb addendum for youtube time markers and certain quick look tests, so I simply updated each version because it was working great with everything

As I said earlier Parhelia’s acceleration resides in MPEG2 time, others GPU or any other acceleration are nonexistent. It has even today, probably the best 2D filters in the world, and video as smooth as color precise as anything I have seen from top Quadro and Firepro cards. So this is possible, but, the fact that two people in this topic, also cant draw this map, and I'm certain they have more recent onboard or dedicated GPUs - provides some hope.

Will do, since MyPal probably in this version of yours, surely does not exist in portable version?
    I have to backup profile and bookmarks from the latest, not to upset everything, If I go back from 8.2 to the latest.

What is MozBackup equivalent for MyPal browser?

Yes, no problems with those maps, no problems with pretty much anything else. Just this boring map.

These days, surface support has poor insights into anything more elaborate then general faq information.

I have sent the same question to their developing stuff, but alas, so far no response.

Incidentally, your map suggested you are in Samobor? Are you also from Croatia? ;)

Mike80060, Dec 20, 2020
  9. trimis

ClippyBeer

It's your graphics card, apparently the map requires a GPU that supports a certain kind of 3D acceleration to generate. I just tried the map on an old Compaq Presario V2000 I own with XP SP3 Professional last updated 2009. The GPU is on-board Intel 82852 GME graphics. I get a spinning circle then nothing when attempting to load the map. Tried MyPal, Centaury, Serpent, Chrome 45, same results. Google Maps works fine however. This would probably explain why others here can't get the map to work on their systems.

The other computers where the map generated successfully - an XP SP3 Pro PC last updated 2009 with an AMD HD5450 PCI GPU and Windows 7 SP1 with on-board AMD HD6310 GPU.

Such are the pratfalls of using legacy hardware and OSes - some things just aren't going to work which is why I don't use XP as my main OS. I'm not in denial, I know the same fate awaits Windows 7 eventually (Chrome browser will stop developing for Windows 7 in 2021). I've always favored Mozilla anyway.

I've never been a fan of Intel GME/GMA GPUs, they are great for video and not much else. I only buy laptops with AMD or NVidia GPUs. Desktops with Intel GPU I disable it and add a PCI GPU.

Nope, I'm in the U.S. I just clicked on the link you provided and that's the locale it said I was in.

ClippyBeer, Dec 21, 2020
    Mike80060 and Samir like this.
  10. trimis

flavallee Guest

flavallee, Dec 24, 2020
    Mike80060 and Elizabeth23 like this.
  11. trimis

Mike80060

Clippy Beer and others,

I hope life finds you well in health and good mood these days.

Forgive my late reply.

After several email exchanges with problematic/ site/support I’ve mentioned, they implemented small change, so even if when user can’t generate the map, no longer would make site make any restriction, not being able to publish you advert.

Before I comment most sad outcome (not final I hope) for this lovely Mypal browser in light of any further upgrade, If I coul only trouble you with one tiny question.,

I’ve went private mode, I disabled history, I’ve checked all the ussual privacy suspects, but for some reason, Mypal still remembers my login name on pages, and I have no rational explanation?

How do I make it stop doing that?

Thanks

Mike80060, Nov 20, 2021
  12. trimis

Compa

I guess you heard about the copystrike from Moonchild Productions regarding Mypal's questionable actions in regards to following the MPL in a proper manner (after multiple threats being given), which led to this rather amusing response:

To be honest, both sides of that argument were being incredibly childish: MCP were playing the legal game so far to the book whilst somehow failing to notice that it was the XP forks that were actually gaining more attention than the mainline product, although said forks were being heavily reliant on the upstream source's branding and (with personal sentiment involved here) not bothering to redirect people to an official support tracker/forum for their individual projects properly despite making a deal a while ago, which did irk me quite a bit as a matter of fact as an ex-admin of the site in question that was supposed to offer support for those projects.

In all honesty though, given the ridiculousness of the situation, I had to end up siding with MCP's take on the story, because of the amount of childish crap that goes on behind the scenes in the legacy Windows scene, too much of which I've been a part of or have had to witness.

Compa, Nov 30, 2021
  13. trimis

dAlek

dAlek, Dec 6, 2021
    Compa likes this.
  14. trimis

TMTGTR

Hi, I have never head of this. Can anyone elaborate? Much obliged.

TMTGTR, Dec 7, 2021
  15. trimis

Compa

I can't help but laugh at your innocence and want to say 'don't question it, it's a joke'.

Compa, Dec 12, 2021
  16. trimis

TMTGTR

The play on words did not go past me. I entertained the possibility that people in India are not aware of the term "Poon" as we use it in American slang. I also have experienced much software developed out of India that is high quality but not well known. So I am equally amused by your response...

TMTGTR, Dec 13, 2021
  17. trimis

TobyAdd

Developer of MyPal said that in the future he will make his version of Waterfox for Windows XP on his github repository. I think in future he fix it.

TobyAdd, Dec 15, 2021
    dAlek likes this.
  18. trimis

ClippyBeer

Yes @TobyAdd I read about that too from Feodor's repository.

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal

This is great news, having an XP Mozilla-based browser that uses newer Quantum engine means more compatibility with modern websites. Might turn me back into an XP user. I patiently await.

ClippyBeer, Dec 15, 2021
    dAlek likes this.
  19. trimis

TMTGTR

I'm following this very closely as well. Checking Feodor2's github page every other day...

TMTGTR, Dec 17, 2021
  20. trimis

dAlek

I tried to install it but it is not compatible with windows XP, it is only for 7 and above

dAlek, Dec 17, 2021
Ask a Question