XP not allowing FoxPro to start up after showing the application's splash sc

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by PAL in Thailand, Oct 6, 2016.

1. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

XP not allowing FoxPro to start up ...

Back again. Both aforementioned are now zipped together. Hope this finally works.

Attached Files:

PAL in Thailand, Oct 13, 2016
  2. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

I would first uninstall windows search service, I have never installed that on my pc as it has been buggy since its inception.

reboot and clear all event logs and see what new errors occur, you can copy the error by first double clicking the error to bring up the dialog box with more detail and in the right hand side you will see an icon that looks like an open book, click this once and it will copy to clipboard, then open a reply box here at this forum and right click and paste and the entire box will be pasted to your reply.

Do you use this windows search program a lot??

once you have uninstalled the windows search program does your foxpro work now??

====================

Warning Tcpip 4226

the rest seem to be all SCM, 7000,7001,7009

above from here on these errors

==================

do not install windows search service until we see if this is what is causing all your problems. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Elizabeth23, Oct 13, 2016
  3. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

reply 2:

.net runtime , eventid 1023

the above link is a CACHED, text only, page from microsoft that is no longer available and the hot fix described should have been fixed with subsequent updates, as xp can install up to .net 4 extended, you should try a repair of .net, go to start/controlpanel/add/remove and look for .net and choose to change which should bring up a dialog box that will ask you if you want to repair.

--------------------

am only concerned with errors and warnings in october, I am disregarding windows search service items as I want you to uninstall that program for now.

--------------------

application error, event id 100

since this deals with windows update, I would just disable automatic updates in services
    you will get a lot of dcom errors , as windows does not like this service to be disabled, I also disabled the security center because I did not want to be kept notified that automatic updates was disabled :). since I have office 2003 installed I run microsoft updates every few months just to see if there are any 2007/2010 compatibility updates for me. I make automatic updates and BITS services automatic for the time I am at the updates site and then I disable them afterwards. :)

auto updates is not necessary as there are no more new updates

====================

event system/4356

I have not had this error so no personal experience with it but read the article at technet and let me know if you need futher info on this.

========

msinstaller/11706 can get no definitive reason for this but here is the search page that you might want to check out several items:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=MSiinstaller+error+11706+winxp

============

crypt32 errors
    go to the event id page linked in above thread, generally pretty descriptive

=========

that was the application list, I will check the system list later. :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 13, 2016
  4. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

reply 3: systems list:

SCM/7000,
    SCM/7001
    SCM/7009

all the above seem to be that a service is trying to start, could be a dependency is not enabled. seems like it would depend on the service, does the error say??

================

you need to clear all logs, so we can get fresh errors.

============

DHCP/1007.1003 are network connectivity , every now and then I get some of those, I just ignore them, it might be your ethernet connector, are you lan or wireless??
    does it come right back up or are you without internet for a long time??

==========

dcom/10005, is generally that windows search service is not set to automatic. if you have uninstalled windows search you should not get this error

Elizabeth23, Oct 14, 2016
  5. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

I worked on the Windows Seach Service this morning. It took me quite some time to find it, but eventually I located it in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>Windows Search. Its Status was 'Started'; Startup Type was 'Automatic'; Log On As was 'Local System'. I disabled it by right clicking of 'Startup Type'. Then clicked OK. Then rebooted the system. Checked to confirm that Windows Searcch WAS disabled; It was! :) Then cleared all the Event Viewer logs and rebooted again. See "Disabled Windows Search.jpg".

Finally, tried to launch FoxPro, but unfortunately got the same recurring problem: brief splash screen which disppears without launching FoxPro. :(

Exported the latest Event Viewer logs for you. See "EV2_for Elizabeth.zip".

Will print out your last few posting replies so that I can work through them item by item.

As to my using Windows Search service, I never even knew it existed. How it got where i found it, I have no idea. Maybe it was a giift from Mr Gates & Crew! :rolleyes:

NOTE: After 3 attempts, I've been unable to attach the two above reference files. Will try sending them later in the day.

Attached Files:

PAL in Thailand, Oct 14, 2016
  6. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

start/control panel/add and remove programs, you can look for windows search here and uninstall it, it was offered as an optional update from microsoft and it has been very buggy, I never installed it , thank goodness., disabling it should cut half your errors.

The new event viewer listings you attached only have the errors for scm 7001 etc, which I have already listed earlier.

I need to see the extended description, as described in an earlier reply, on the scm/7001.7009 ERRORS only,

double click on the error

third icon down on the right side, click it

this copies to clipboard, then you would open a reply here in this thread and right click and choose paste, I need to see if it is listing the service that will not start.

7. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

There was one error in the Application List; here it is:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 14/10/2016
    Time: 12:04:39 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HPMINI
    Description:
    Faulting application AVG-Secure-Search-Update_0516av.exe, version 3.16.0.14, faulting module AVG-Secure-Search-Update_0516av.exe, version 3.16.0.14, fault address 0x0013da2d.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
    0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
    0010: 75 72 65 20 20 41 56 47 ure AVG
    0018: 2d 53 65 63 75 72 65 2d -Secure-
    0020: 53 65 61 72 63 68 2d 55 Search-U
    0028: 70 64 61 74 65 5f 30 35 pdate_05
    0030: 31 36 61 76 2e 65 78 65 16av.exe
    0038: 20 33 2e 31 36 2e 30 2e 3.16.0.
    0040: 31 34 20 69 6e 20 41 56 14 in AV
    0048: 47 2d 53 65 63 75 72 65 G-Secure
    0050: 2d 53 65 61 72 63 68 2d -Search-
    0058: 55 70 64 61 74 65 5f 30 Update_0
    0060: 35 31 36 61 76 2e 65 78 516av.ex
    0068: 65 20 33 2e 31 36 2e 30 e 3.16.0
    0070: 2e 31 34 20 61 74 20 6f .14 at o
    0078: 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 30 ffset 00
    0080: 31 33 64 61 32 64 13da2d

8. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

In the System List, there were 5 errors, here is #1:
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Time: 01:45:03 PM
    Description:
    The HP Support Solutions Framework Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

9. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

xp

Error #2 in the System List:
    Event ID: 7009
    Description:
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the HP Support Solutions Framework Service service to connect.

10. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Error #3 in the System List:
    Event ID: 7001
    Description:
    The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

11. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Error #4 in the System List:
    Event ID: 7000
    Description:
    The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

12. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Error #5 in the System List:
    Event Source: Dhcp
    Event ID: 1002
    Time: 01:43:56 PM
    Description:
    The IP address lease 192.168.0.102 for the Network Card with network address C417FE0E9190 has been denied by the DHCP server 10.30.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

13. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

okay, I take it that your antivirus is AVG, which is okay so far UNLESS your system is 64bit see here

but it appears the files may be corrupted, it would be best if you were to download the offline installer and the database, disconnect from the internet, uninstall avg, reboot, reinstall avg and the database, run a quick scan and then reconnect to the internet and check to see if you do not get any more faulting application errors for avg update service.

and are there any errors in the system list?? I would like to see the SCM/700* error

14. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

reply 2:

disable the parallel port driver service, (I do not have this service on my pc), by going to device manager, view, show hidden drivers look for parallel port driver and disable.
    Non Plug and Play Drivers and then right clicked on Parallel port Driver. I then clicked on Properties, and then clicked on the Driver Tab and then clicked disabled in the Start up type.
    ===========
    set computer browser service to automatic
    =========
    disable the HP support solutions framework service, do you use the hp support program??
    ===============

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-router/e69a508a-8f3c-4d80-93aa-c6b6fee47ef0

above for the dhcp/1002 error, you can disregard this error

15. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

reply no3, that takes care of the errors, but it does not help foxpro issue, so I would copy and paste the folders from a working pc to the hpmini :)

===============

you could also (if you are able) place the mini next to a pc with the working foxpro, and then open regedit on both, do Find/Find next for foxpro and compare the entries and if you find one different, (from the working pc) change it, FIRST, export the key, before changing , to your desktop in case you need to put it back.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  16. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

3am in the morning here, I am going to be up for just a few more minutes. :)

17. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Armed with the many technical suggestions you have provided, I feel somewhat more confident in trying to remove the errors that have shown up in the Event Viewer - making the Mini a better machine.

But as you pointed out, none of the errors spotted to date seem to relate to my original problem, which remains foremost in my mind as the immediate problem that needs solving. I very much liked your idea of working the HP Mini (which has the FoxPro problem) in tandem with the PC at home (which does not have the Foxpro problem) using regedit to spot any differences that exist for the FoxPro registry files in the two machines.

As you probably know, Thailand's revered King passed away on the 13th. Many once-in-a-lifetime events have started taking place now and will continue for a full year of ceremonies that relate to His Majesty's passing away and the coronation of the next King of Thailand (his son). How all this will affect the stress and political tensions Thailand is and has been facing in the past few years is all up in the air!

Tomorrow is Sunday and I'll use the day to install myself comfortably at home for my invvestigation of the Mini and the PC in hope of locating something that is not identical. If something is found, I'll make a copy of the Mini's data for safety purposes and change the Mini for what I find on the PC and get back to you next week with the results of my 'investigation'. The PC will be the "rule of thumb" to follow. I'll only make changes in the Mini -- one by one and test each one as I locate a difference.

Needless to say, I greatly appreciate the time you are spending to help me with my small FoxPro problem. I never thought that it would uncover so many other inconsistencies that can be rectified with the suggestions you have provided. My sincere and grateful thanks, dear Elizabeth...

PAL in Thailand, Oct 15, 2016
  18. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

no problem, I will check back, :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 15, 2016
  19. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Before making changes to the Mini's registry, I thought, being the curious kind of person I am, that I'd simply go through both registries without making any changes -- just looking -- to see how many 'foxpro' items the searches would locate. So I spent the better part of Sunday doing that for BOTH the PC and the Mini. I've cut and copied the details out to an Excel spreadsheet and should finish the job today. I'll send those results to you for your info, comments and suggestions. I did finish doing the PC's registry and came up with 20 keys. I'm still working on the Mini's, and I'm already well over that number. Wow!!!

Granted the PC is an older machine and gets much less use than my Mini which is my daily working machine for just about everything since it's so much esier to carry about.

I'll be back on Tuesday...

PAL in Thailand, Oct 17, 2016
  20. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

remember to have just one foxpro program installed on the mini, I believe in an earlier reply you said there were 2 instances of foxpro??

only worry about the keys that are:

a. same key with different values
    b. same key different settings
    c. key in mini but not other pc
    d. key in other pc but not mini.

===============

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/erunt/

above good program to backup your registry.

============

any key you decide to change, First create a folder on your desktop and label it regs or something so you will know what is in it., Second, EXPORT the key to your desktop folder, saving it with a name that will be clear to you what it is.

that way, in case you have not used erunt, you will have the original of the key and then can reinsert by doubleclicking to install in the registry, if you decide that you want the original key back.

Elizabeth23, Oct 17, 2016
Ask a Question