XP no longer plays Bitchute videos

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by ImWolf, Nov 18, 2021.

1. ImWolf

TomiB

OK I found I'm an advanced user in the UBlock Dashboard settings.
    I'll check it out.

TomiB, Dec 1, 2021
  2. ImWolf

TomiB

All set, that worked, thanks Boris !

TomiB, Dec 1, 2021
  3. ImWolf

Boris

No problem TomiB, glad I could help.

Boris, Dec 1, 2021
    TMTGTR likes this.
  4. ImWolf

ImWolf

For some reason I have not received e-mail notifications on this thread (or others) since Nov. 22nd.

Why is that?

(checked my e-mail a few minutes after this post..... nothing)

ImWolf, Jan 4, 2022
  5. ImWolf

ImWolf

Caught up on the new posts (was not receiving e-mail alerts). This machine is running 32bit XP SP4 with Basilisk Serpent (52?) 2019.12.06.

First I tried the OS spoof that TMTGTR had posted about. I also edited the useragent (both general and bitchute specific) to reflect Win10 and FireFox V.99. This did not enable loading Bitchute pages.

Then I managed to add uBlock Origin 1.16.4.30, enabled "Advanced User", and blocked inline scripts while on the Bitchute home page. This did allow me to continue to featured videos listed and they loaded and played fine. (for 23:18). However, while inline scripts were blocked I could not login to my Bitchute account to see subbed content, and the search feature was useless. (returned empty page). I had to unblock the inline scripts to activate those features.

Every so often folks do actually add useful comments on video sites, so it would be nice to have access to those again.... which has not been the case since Nov. 17th. For now, this appears to be another work around to enable watching a video, but I'm not over joyed.

After this problem started, and I clicked on a Bitchute link, I would see various URL addresses zipping by the bottom of the page as the browser was collecting all the pieces to display. But then of course, I would just see the page with the red bars going up and down. And when accessing "page info", I see (all?) of the required page elements were gathered, just not put together and displayed.... When we can figure out why this is happening, we'll probably be much closer to a solution?

I just D/L the MyPal browser..... never heard of it b4. Is it portable or does it install all over the place like typical Windows programs?

Thanks,
    Wolf

ImWolf, Jan 5, 2022
  6. ImWolf

Madeleine Takam

If you don’t receive notifications. Try un-watching the thread. Then click watch and remember to click on email alerts in the pop up box

Madeleine Takam, Jan 7, 2022
  7. ImWolf

ImWolf

Thanks again Madeleine.... I had already tried that strategy but did not receive alerts until I got yours.....

You must be special? :b

Wolf

ImWolf, Jan 7, 2022
  8. ImWolf

TMTGTR

Mush anticipation on the new My Pal (will have a new name) And the developer assures it will be XP compliant. To follow the "Drama":
    https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/issues
    or Help->Submit feedback (same link).

TMTGTR, Jan 7, 2022
  9. ImWolf

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Jan 23, 2022
Ask a Question