XP no longer plays Bitchute videos

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by ImWolf, Nov 18, 2021.

1. ImWolf

ImWolf

Some time within the past 48 hours of this post, my XP machines will no longer load any Bitchute videos. I have read reports over the past few days that the BBC had purchased Bitchute, and this may be connected to this issue?

I can go to Bitchute.com and play videos on my Linux machines and on my Windows 7 machine, but can no longer view videos on my 2 WinXP machines. On the later, I can go to the Bitchute.com page and see play lists, but videos will not load with either my Serpent (Firefox) or Chrome browser. This is something that has changed recently and is not a result of any changes I made to either machine.

I tried adding a "spoof" useragent string to Serpent, but that didn't improve anything. Are there any other XP users here experiencing the same, and have you found a cure?

Thanks,
    Wolf

ImWolf, Nov 18, 2021
  2. ImWolf

Boris

Hi Wolf. My problems started Wednesday Nov 17th. Just sent a message to Bitchute support.

Bitchute.com and all channel pages load fine but when I click to watch a specific video the page doesn't load.

I use Win 7 Pro. No problems viewing videos prior to the 17th.

Website works fine with the other browsers I have on hand (IE, Brave, Vivaldi)

Restarting FF 69 portable in safe mode with add-ons disabled does not solve the problem

Boris, Nov 19, 2021
  3. ImWolf

TomiB

Hi. Me too, 2 XP-machines do not play bitchute anymore since 17th Nov. 2021.

On both, Firefox and Opera.

I can also NOT play older bitchute videos which were uploaded before that date. No bitchute videos will work.

Twitter movies still work on Firefox.

I hope you get a workaround from Bitchute support !

Or somebody else who has a good idea.

Maybe an existing plug-in?

Some one who had a problem with firefox and youtube videos in 2013 solved it by uninstalling the Flashplayer 11 and reinstalling the older version 10.3.

My XP's do have Flash Player 23 Active X and Flash Player 32 NPAI installed, maybe a different version (newer) would help?

I did install the recommended successor for flash player, Lightspark:
    https://softdeluxe.com/Lightspark-2567125/
    Which is new as a replacement for flash concerning youtube etc. (which is not yet a problem), but it did NOT help either.

Flash player did stop support in January of 2021, maybe a conincidence, I guess, the change / problem is on bitchute site of the equation.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    TomiB, Nov 19, 2021
  4. ImWolf

ImWolf

That is surprising to me Boris.... until now I thought this was a problem isolated to WinXP.

The HP Notepad I have runs Windows 7 Home Premium and it loads Bitchute videos fine.

Wolf

ImWolf, Nov 19, 2021
  5. ImWolf

Boris

Same here. No bitchute videos will play at all with Firefox. What I meant was prior to Nov 17th I had no problems playing any bitchute videos.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Boris, Nov 20, 2021
  6. ImWolf

Boris

So it seems the inability to play bitchute videos from ~Nov 17th is specific to Firefox, Opera and Chrome browsers and independent of operating system.

Have you guys tried installing Brave, IE or Vivaldi browsers and playing bitchute videos on XP?

As I mentioned, those browsers play bitchute videos fine for me on Win7.

Boris, Nov 20, 2021
  7. ImWolf

TMTGTR

Hello

XP SP3 POS (No .NET)
    I Have the same symptoms and all occur on my several (XP) browsers:
    Mypal
    Roytam1 Palemoon 28 & 27
    Roytam1 Basilisk
    Roytam1Firefox 45
    Roytam1 Iceape
    Roytam1 K-Meleon
    Otter Browser

A quick but incomplete workaround:

1] Load desired page form Bitchute channel page(s).

2] Right click for context menu.

3] Select "View Page Info".

4] Wait a second and then select "Media".

5] Scroll down media files to "Video".

6] Video will display and begin buffering.

7] Bottom of video has full screen option button.

You can also download the video using the "Save As" button
    Upper (your) right.

Of course we still can not see traditional page descriptor, comments,
    etc. But at least we have full video access.

Regarding this being an XP issue, I can't say for sure. Perhaps it's a browser issue.
    Instead of https://www.whatismybrowser.com
    I'm now using https://www.deviceinfo.me for better info.
    It clearly shows the OS (True Operating System Core)
    as well as the user agent string.

Doing a search to have browser spoof the OS (like the user agent), people say it is impossible short of involved and impractical methods.

I am not convinced. Somewhere there must be a byte line that can change NT 5.1 to e.g. NT 6.3 (Windows 8.1), presumably that does not break the OS.

I disable flash in the browsers but have enabled (32.0.0.465) to no avail.

I emailed Bitchute last night voicing my concerns. Waiting for reply.

Can not locate news of BBC acquisition of bitchute.com. Is there a link?

Regardless of if this is an XP issue, I believe it in all our best interest to find how to spoof "True Operating System Core"

TMTGTR, Nov 20, 2021
  8. ImWolf

Boris

I don't know if it's related but just this week I started getting the following message on Google docs: "This version of Firefox is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser."

These tech companies don't seem to understand or care that many of us have learned the hard way that some of their "upgrades" are actually downgrades that reduce functionality, break perfectly working systems and waste precious time troubleshooting which is why we are loathe to "upgrade."

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Boris, Nov 20, 2021
  9. ImWolf

ImWolf

This is not the case.... Newer versions of Firefox running on Linux Mint are playing Bitchute videos just fine.

Wolf

ImWolf, Nov 20, 2021
    Boris likes this.
  10. ImWolf

TMTGTR

A quick but incomplete workaround:
    1] Load desired page form Bitchute channel page(s).
    2] Right click for context menu.
    3] Select "View Page Info".
    4] Wait a second and then select "Media".
    5] Scroll down media files to "Video".
    6] Video will display and begin buffering.
    7] Bottom of video has full screen option button.

You can also download the video using the "Save As" button
    Upper (your) right.

Of course we still can not see traditional page descriptor, comments,
    etc. But at least we have full video access.

TMTGTR, Nov 21, 2021
    Boris likes this.
  11. ImWolf

Boris

Hi TMTGTR

I tried your workaround and it works, thanks.

I tend to batch watch videos so for now, I'll be using Brave which works fine for me on bitchute but hopefully there will be a fix for this problem.

Boris, Nov 21, 2021
  12. ImWolf

TMTGTR

I'm using XP and Roytam1 browsers so I'm stuck... For now
    Another "Clue"
    When the bitchute video page loads and stalls, toggling between Day/Night modes briefly shows the hidden page.

TMTGTR, Nov 21, 2021
  13. ImWolf

TMTGTR

If you want to read the description that would appear on the video page, highlight the description on the channel page, open notepad and paste. You'll see more than what is on the browser page.
    If it's incomplete, you have to scroll the courser up until the next browser oject highlights. Takes some practice.

TMTGTR, Nov 21, 2021
  14. ImWolf

TMTGTR

Regarding this being an XP issue, I can't say for sure. Perhaps it's a browser issue.
    using deviceinfo(dot)me It clearly shows the O/S (True Operating System Core) as well as the user agent string.
    Doing a search to have browser spoof the O/S (like the user agent), people say it is impossible short of involved and impractical methods.
    I am not convinced. Somewhere there must be a byte line that can change NT 5.1 to e.g. NT 6.3 (Windows 8.1), presumably that does not break the O/S.
    Regardless of if this is an XP issue,
    I believe it in all our best interest to find how to spoof "True Operating System Core"

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    TMTGTR, Nov 21, 2021
  15. ImWolf

ImWolf

@TMTGTR

Thanks for that input.... works for this XP box for just viewing the video.... (would be nice to have the regular page load properly though.)

I first thought this was just an XP problem, but then Boris reported problem started with his Win7 machine. And then yesterday I booted into Linux and updated the browser (silly me) after which Bitchute no longer loaded on the updated Firefox 94. Even after using Timeshift to revert back to FF 85 Bitchute remains broken on that system now.

Wolf

ImWolf, Nov 22, 2021
  16. ImWolf

TMTGTR

Actually this may be encouraging. If it is not an XP exclusive issue and others are having difficulty then Bitchute is hearing about it.
    I have seen this issue twice before but both times it resolved in under 24 hours. I suspect they are getting complaints (I gave them one).
    Doing a web search nothing came up except the usual (old) stuff and your post here and on Tom's Hardware. That's why I'm here. Now I'm a member and glad for it.
    Let's give it time, I think this is a bitchute issue.

But I can't find anything on BBC buying Bitchute. Where did you see that?

TMTGTR, Nov 22, 2021
  17. ImWolf

ImWolf

It was about a week ago I had read 2 or 3 headlines that the BBC had either bought, or was offering to buy Bitchute.com. Don't remember where I saw this.... can't find it now.

ImWolf, Nov 22, 2021
  18. ImWolf

TomiB

Thank you but when I go to Media, I never get a "video" file, its all only grafics, background, symbol.
    No video shows up. I tried several bitchute pages with videos or also just 1 video.
    Firefox 52.9.0
    What do I do wrong?

TomiB, Nov 22, 2021
  19. ImWolf

TMTGTR

The file list is indeed 99% graphics files, but there is a video file if you scroll slowly. It should look like this: (e.g.) https://seed307.bitchute.com/oACWZBJypqWf/2YUmfHQJuHf9.mp4 Note the video name is not in the file name...

TMTGTR, Nov 22, 2021
  20. ImWolf

TMTGTR

I do believe you.It seems these days even in the indelible ink of the internet, info is being scrubbed, or manipulated. in the last year after the most recent Bitchute TOS statement they were implying they would be censuring certain "Offensive" speech. That said, the content on Bitchute is still in defiance of YouTube political censorship. If BBC takes over, odds are Bitchute will go down as an overwhelming number of channels and viewers are not compliant with the "Great Reset". But of course we are watching theater and perhaps the BBC will morph into the side for "The Great Awakening" and make Bitchute even more cutting edge, or yet another scenario... :(

TMTGTR, Nov 22, 2021
Ask a Question