Which browser do you use in XP?

I have 2 Windows 10 devices but I like the old XP's I have. I have removed all programs but for one dedicated on. For instance on a 12 year old Toshiba Satellite "Tablet" (yes, they call them tablets back then at 4 lbs. But I worked well. I just did a factor reset with the old disks. It does works with Chrome. And yes I get (No longer Supported) at the top. I just dismiss it. It seems to do everything but play flash components. Maybe there is a flash that will work. But I can use it as a notebook and it works for Google Docs with Voice Typing. How about that. Now, how do I protect it/them? I have a paid program Advanced RepairPro Premium. Which has real time protections and warnings. While it runs real time I still run it full on often and catch adware and malware. AVG for viruses. The other XP is a dual core desktop. It works about the same. Everything but playing Flash. Yes they are slow(er) but with almost all programs removed but the one(s) I choose they do pretty good. The browsers that I use now are

Chrome, Slimjet, and I just installed UR to check it out. I'm having no problems.

Steady men, onward and take the slings of arrows. Keep the old XP's going. They can be with a little devotion. I've never had an attack and been using them since the support stopped when 2016? 2017? Of course I go to my desktop Win10 for the big programs. jack ":-Dx

I use these 2 browsers in Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit (integrated to April 2019):
Feodor2 MyPal 28.9.1
Maxthon Cloud Browser 5.3.8.2000

Both browsers are kept up-to-date and are supported by almost all websites.

Which sites? URLs please as I have never had an issue with Serpent on XP.

I have just discovered that the recent login problem I had on firefox was due to me having cookies disabled except for exceptions.

In the past, it worked really well until a site decided to make changes. I guess it's not the browsers fault. The technical staff at that site should have displayed a meaningful error message than to just force a BLANK page on the users, for example. Their excuse would be they no longer support old operating systems so would not be doing the testing on them. Ideally, they should make their systems as backward compatible as possible. I myself don't ever want to use Windows 10 because I would not know how to protect it like I do with XP.

I'd be really interested to know which browsers you all use to access this site :). The reason I ask is that the forum software could do with an upgrade, but the newer forum software won't work well with browsers like IE8 which many Windows XP users could be running.

Are we mainly Chrome/FireFox here?
I use firefox

I'd be really interested to know which browsers you all use to access this site :). The reason I ask is that the forum software could do with an upgrade, but the newer forum software won't work well with browsers like IE8 which many Windows XP users could be running.

Are we mainly Chrome/FireFox here?
This forum seems to be working just fine, I'm not sure if we need the upgrade. If it ain't broke don't fix it? The simpler the better. Perhaps just tweak the cosmetic issues here and there.

I use Basilik Serpent (with the W10 trick) which seems to be really good. My Firefox still works but slower. I have Opera as well, just in case.

I don't like Chrome, because it's Google. It's too intrusive over our email/ browser/ and now even YouTube. It's just too much. I only use Chrome if I have no other options.

This forum seems to be working just fine, I'm not sure if we need the upgrade. If it ain't broke don't fix it? The simpler the better. Perhaps just tweak the cosmetic issues here and there.

I use Basilik Serpent (with the W10 trick) which seems to be really good. My Firefox still works but slower. I have Opera as well, just in case.

I don't like Chrome, because it's Google. It's too intrusive over our email/ browser/ and now even YouTube. It's just too much. I only use Chrome if I have no other options.

Umm, I think the upgrade in question happened a couple of years ago (https://www.xpforums.com/threads/new-design.932988/).

I know this question is old, but I use MyPal for my daily usage in Windows XP. It is a forked version of the Pale Moon browser, which itself is a forked version of Firefox. It can run many modern websites, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and a lot more. It can even run Google Classroom (though Google Meet can't run on it). Overall, this is a pretty good browser.

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

I have used XP with no issues. I don't need support. I use AdvanceRepair Pro Premium. Now you needn't tell me what junk these programs are. It's taken off malware, junk, corruption, privacy leaks and etcs for several years. I've had no issues.

However, the only XP I have left is an HP dual core AMD64 desktop and it's fine with the program above. I think I pay $80 a year. And thats' for use on multiple PC's.

But just recently I made the foray into a Chromebook. After a week I'm liking it more and more. I have to learn a few things but that's expected. It's fast, Wifi is 3x faster.

So I think I'll drop off here. Oh, the browers Brave. And MX5 gave my XP above the ability, even with an old A/V card to do streaming.

I know this question is old, but I use MyPal for my daily usage in Windows XP. It is a forked version of the Pale Moon browser, which itself is a forked version of Firefox. It can run many modern websites, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and a lot more. It can even run Google Classroom (though Google Meet can't run on it). Overall, this is a pretty good browser.

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

Cool browser, weird icon.

So a little update; I recently switched over to ArticFox (a fork of Pale Moon) and I've really enjoyed it. I need to figure out what's up with addons and extensions, but it looks and runs great.

Looks interesting although I can't seem to figure out what features ArticFox has that MyPal doesn't. Both are forks of Pale Moon. In fact, the XP version of ArticFox is maintained by the same person as MyPal and Centaury browsers (Roytam).

Those of you who want to test drive ArticFox for yourselves can visit the project's Github page:

https://github.com/wicknix/Arctic-Fox

You can download the XP Binaries from Roytam's repository:

http://o.rths.ml/gpc/files1.rt/home.html

Back