Which browser do you use in XP?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Ian, May 27, 2014.

1. Ian

Ryrykyky

It is firefox for me ! It never disappointed me

Ryrykyky, Jan 16, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

xphelper

I love Basilisk but I can't ditch Firefox because some sites won't allow the other less known browsers.

xphelper, Feb 15, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

ClippyBeer

Which sites? URLs please as I have never had an issue with Serpent on XP.

ClippyBeer, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Ian

xphelper

Mainly banks. However, unless you have an account with these banks you won't be able to test them.

xphelper, Feb 16, 2020
  5. Ian

jackdashack

I have 2 Windows 10 devices but I like the old XP's I have. I have removed all programs but for one dedicated on. For instance on a 12 year old Toshiba Satellite "Tablet" (yes, they call them tablets back then at 4 lbs. But I worked well. I just did a factor reset with the old disks. It does works with Chrome. And yes I get (No longer Supported) at the top. I just dismiss it. It seems to do everything but play flash components. Maybe there is a flash that will work. But I can use it as a notebook and it works for Google Docs with Voice Typing. How about that. Now, how do I protect it/them? I have a paid program Advanced RepairPro Premium. Which has real time protections and warnings. While it runs real time I still run it full on often and catch adware and malware. AVG for viruses. The other XP is a dual core desktop. It works about the same. Everything but playing Flash. Yes they are slow(er) but with almost all programs removed but the one(s) I choose they do pretty good. The browsers that I use now are

Chrome, Slimjet, and I just installed UR to check it out. I'm having no problems.

Steady men, onward and take the slings of arrows. Keep the old XP's going. They can be with a little devotion. I've never had an attack and been using them since the support stopped when 2016? 2017? Of course I go to my desktop Win10 for the big programs. jack ":-Dx

jackdashack, Feb 17, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question