Browser for Windows XP that works in 2019

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by KEPLERFM, Feb 16, 2019.

1. KEPLERFM

Dyehard

Don´t think you need to be a MIT graduate in computer science to understand that storing confidential personal information, state secrets, doing credit card transactions & online banking etc is NOT a good idea on any XP PC regardless of the browser being used. The hackers can´t steal what´s not there and if they lock up your drive with ransomware no big deal. No important info on there anyway. As in all things common sense rules the day. After all weŕe just having fun ... aren´t we?

Dyehard, Aug 18, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. KEPLERFM

CathedralCity

@Dyehard I wasn't referring to its security, I was referring to how the browser worked with screen reading software. I think some people on this forum might need to be educated a little bit about how the blind use computers. Also, very rarely would I do any form of banking or shopping online. I feel that going to a store or even going to the bank provides a sense of community and social interaction that sitting at home and doing stuff online doesn't.

CathedralCity, Aug 18, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. KEPLERFM

Dyehard

Don´t put any information on a XP system that you wouldn´t post on a public bulletin board at the local strip mall. Nostalgia and fun are all things you´ll experience while surfing the net with your XP PCs ... SECURITY ... not so much. Like I said ... common sense in all things will keep you and your confidential information safe.

Dyehard, Aug 18, 2019
  4. KEPLERFM

GaryB

If you had been using Firefox previously you would have had no problems with the MyPal 'friendliness' because everything about MyPal 28.6.1 is near exactly like Firefox. In fact, MyPal allows easier and more personalization than any version of Firefox ever has.

When the last ESR, Firefox 52.9.1, stopped loading three of the business sites where I absolutely must have access, I started trying all the other browsers labeled for XP Pro. I found that Chrome/Chromium based browsers literally suck when compared to Firefox. Both of those I tried would access the sites I needed, but Opera wouldn't work with any version of Flash, and Advanced Chrome would crash on certain web sites. When I tried MyPal all of my problems were immediately solved.

Now as we know, things keep changing, so MyPal may not work forever. Hopefully if that happens the programmer who produced MyPal will build another version that will once again fix everything, but as for now my my search for browsers is over.

MyPal 28.6.1 built around Firefox 60.9 (current) is absolutely great!

GaryB, Aug 27, 2019
    cartpusher54 and Elizabeth23 like this.
  5. KEPLERFM

directxp

directxp, Sep 2, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question