Browser for Windows XP that works in 2019

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by KEPLERFM, Feb 16, 2019.

1. KEPLERFM

KEPLERFM

Today I just installed this browser and it worked on my Windows XP sp3:

http://www.maxthon.com

Is it a safe browser?

KEPLERFM, Feb 16, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. KEPLERFM

KEPLERFM

imagem.JPG

KEPLERFM, Feb 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. KEPLERFM

WindowsXPforever

Well if you like getting your information getting sold to the chinese goverment then its good browser to you,well
    personaly i recommend New Moon since its updated weekly
    https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/
    I customised mine like this :)
    http://prntscr.com/mmqejo
    There is basilsk too that looks like Firefox 52 ESR :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    WindowsXPforever, Feb 18, 2019
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. KEPLERFM

Lockherup

Absolutely would not recommend this. It is the biggest piece of garbage that install all kinds of unwanted stuff on your computer and takes over a lot of settings. The browser itself isn't even anything special and there interface and configuration is horrible. This is ideally suited for a 15 year old and you will regret even trying for 5 minutes as I did.

The best way to go is the newest mypal, plays all vids and most media. The other is pale moon which is about the same.

Lockherup, Mar 14, 2019
  5. KEPLERFM

cmccaff1

Maxthon is the undisputed heavyweight champion with regards to support for modern web standards, being that it is forked from Chromium 61 (nowhere near the latest version, but still as good as you're going to get in XP given its score of 526 on the HTML5 test). However, there are a lot of tradeoffs that come with that package, including your information potentially getting sold to the Chinese government (and of course the significant lack of addons/extensions/themes being that it is not a widely used browser). Mypal 28.x.x is far and away the best browser for XP at this time (Mypal 27.9.4 is also still good for most sites, but its standards support is not as good as its successor; it remains the best browser for computer CPUs without SSE2 support).

cmccaff1, Mar 26, 2019
  6. KEPLERFM

esc

is Firefox ok to use ? we use firefox a lot

1 Firefox
    2 Opera
    3 Avast secure browser ( seems like a google chrome clone )

stay away from google chrome

esc, Mar 27, 2019
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  7. KEPLERFM

cmccaff1

Firefox 52.9.1ESR, Opera 36.x, and Chromium 49.x remain good browsing options for XP in 2019. Of these three, I far and away recommend Firefox the most, because of its significantly longer support period along with its solid support for modern browsing standards/technologies. SeaMonkey 2.49.5 (unofficial WG9 build), MyPal 27.9.4/28.x.x, and the latest Centaury are also super-heavyweight options as far as XP-compatible browsers go. Even K-Meleon is still a contender thanks to roytam1's 77-series builds!

cmccaff1, Mar 28, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question