Browser for Windows XP that works in 2019

imagem.JPG

Today I just installed this browser and it worked on my Windows XP sp3:

http://www.maxthon.com

Is it a safe browser?
Well if you like getting your information getting sold to the chinese goverment then its good browser to you,well
personaly i recommend New Moon since its updated weekly
https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/
I customised mine like this :)
http://prntscr.com/mmqejo
There is basilsk too that looks like Firefox 52 ESR :)

Last edited:
Today I just installed this browser and it worked on my Windows XP sp3:

http://www.maxthon.com

Is it a safe browser?

Absolutely would not recommend this. It is the biggest piece of garbage that install all kinds of unwanted stuff on your computer and takes over a lot of settings. The browser itself isn't even anything special and there interface and configuration is horrible. This is ideally suited for a 15 year old and you will regret even trying for 5 minutes as I did.

The best way to go is the newest mypal, plays all vids and most media. The other is pale moon which is about the same.

Maxthon is the undisputed heavyweight champion with regards to support for modern web standards, being that it is forked from Chromium 61 (nowhere near the latest version, but still as good as you're going to get in XP given its score of 526 on the HTML5 test). However, there are a lot of tradeoffs that come with that package, including your information potentially getting sold to the Chinese government (and of course the significant lack of addons/extensions/themes being that it is not a widely used browser). Mypal 28.x.x is far and away the best browser for XP at this time (Mypal 27.9.4 is also still good for most sites, but its standards support is not as good as its successor; it remains the best browser for computer CPUs without SSE2 support).

Well if you like getting your information getting sold to the chinese goverment then its good browser to you,well
personaly i recommend New Moon since its updated weekly
https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/
I customised mine like this :)
http://prntscr.com/mmqejo
There is basilsk too that looks like Firefox 52 ESR :)

is Firefox ok to use ? we use firefox a lot

1 Firefox
2 Opera
3 Avast secure browser ( seems like a google chrome clone )

stay away from google chrome

Firefox 52.9.1ESR, Opera 36.x, and Chromium 49.x remain good browsing options for XP in 2019. Of these three, I far and away recommend Firefox the most, because of its significantly longer support period along with its solid support for modern browsing standards/technologies. SeaMonkey 2.49.5 (unofficial WG9 build), MyPal 27.9.4/28.x.x, and the latest Centaury are also super-heavyweight options as far as XP-compatible browsers go. Even K-Meleon is still a contender thanks to roytam1's 77-series builds!

Maxthon is the undisputed heavyweight champion with regards to support for modern web standards, being that it is forked from Chromium 61 (nowhere near the latest version, but still as good as you're going to get in XP given its score of 526 on the HTML5 test). However, there are a lot of tradeoffs that come with that package, including your information potentially getting sold to the Chinese government (and of course the significant lack of addons/extensions/themes being that it is not a widely used browser). Mypal 28.x.x is far and away the best browser for XP at this time (Mypal 27.9.4 is also still good for most sites, but its standards support is not as good as its successor; it remains the best browser for computer CPUs without SSE2 support).
I use it for facebook games like uno that will not load on mypal.

Ah, okay! If you're smart with your browsing habits, Maxthon shouldn't be too bad. For folks who don't do a lot of stuff that involves social networking sites, Maxthon is actually a decent choice. I'm glad it works for you!

Ah, okay! If you're smart with your browsing habits, Maxthon shouldn't be too bad. For folks who don't do a lot of stuff that involves social networking sites, Maxthon is actually a decent choice. I'm glad it works for you!
thanks I only use it for facebook everything else is mypal as it runs faster on this machine.

You're welcome--for me, Serpent 55 is a good choice for XP (presuming you have a processor with SSE2 and 2GB or more of RAM). It has better HTML5 support than New Moon/Mypal 28 and doesn't have the weird bugs affecting Serpent 52 and Centaury. It's now my main browser--it was deprecated by Moonchild Productions, but roytam1 still supports it with periodic updates.

I use my XP systems solely for audio work.

There is no stored data that would cause me any discomfort if Chinese government, or anyone else be privy to it. If I go online, it would be only to download a score, or a MIDI file, or listen to music.

Is Maxthon a contender in this case?

Just what unwanted stuff and setting changes are encountered, and can they be easily negated?

Yes, I am running Opera, Chrome and Firefox. They are fine for now, and it is not my main machine, so rarely used to go online.

However, if a competent browser is available, and is relatively future-proof, I recon it might be good to have it on board. I expect that the above mentioned browsers will only remain viable for a limited period.

For now, Serpent 55 may be the most 'future-proof' browser there is, at least for those who still want to use their old XUL addons. Maxthon has the best HTML5 support, but a limited number of addons (and as of the last version I tried, it does not properly function with tiling windows).

For now, Serpent 55 may be the most 'future-proof' browser there is, at least for those who still want to use their old XUL addons. Maxthon has the best HTML5 support, but a limited number of addons (and as of the last version I tried, it does not properly function with tiling windows).

Thanks for that information.

I have firefox, and mypal , have not needed any other so far, tried serpent did not do anything extra that I could not get from firefox and mypal, :)

I would still be using Firefox 52.9.1ESR, if not for a few 'quirks' it has which Serpent 55 doesn't (the main one being that if you keep it open for a few hours it tends to slow down to the point that you have to close it down and reopen it, in particular if you have many HTML5-heavy websites loaded; this is not an issue in Serpent 55 or any other roytam1-maintained Goanna-based browser). For my purposes, New Moon/Serpent 55 are the best choices, but after finding out firsthand that Serpent 55 has better support for HTML5 than Serpent 52 or New Moon 27/28 (and isn't affected by the longstanding Google Translate bug affecting Serpent 52/Centaury) this put it at the top.

For anyone who is still running a Pentium III/4-era machine or older, patches were recently released for browsers which use the Gecko 38/45 codebases that supposedly offer a significant speed boost. Perhaps against my better judgment I'm going to be reinstalling XP SP3 tonight on my old P4 and trying it out on RT's FF45ESR to see how it works--if it works well enough I just might recommission the P4 as my 'retro daily driver'! You can download both of the patches here: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=67421

Back