XP Media Center edition - any users/fans?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ClippyBeer, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer

[​IMG]

This is the version of XP I have on both my older laptops and is my favorite version of XP (XP Media Center Edition 2005). There was a 2004 edition which had minor differences I can't recall. There was even a remote control available for some PCs.

[​IMG]

There were tuner cards available that would work with MCE to watch and record programs. It came with some other doo-dads like an audio converter/CD Laber Maker (never used either). The Windows Dancer is cool.

It comes with one but supposedly you were able to download more. Unfortunately they are no longer available from MS and all the download links I could find were dead. Anyone know where to get more?

It also comes with a nifty aquarium screensaver.

And yes, the screensaver works in Windows 7 but not 10.

It's mostly eye candy but back when XP was mainstream this was what I saw at every electronics store that sold computers. My laptops didn't come with MCE - I have an install ISO with SP3 slipstreamed.

ClippyBeer, Sep 14, 2019
    Janice likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. ClippyBeer

Computer semi-expert

I have MCE on one of my computers, and one of my friends does as well.

Computer semi-expert, Sep 14, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. ClippyBeer

WindowsXPforever

XP MCE is really good for home cinema stuff like that :p

WindowsXPforever, Sep 19, 2019
  4. ClippyBeer

jim davis

just the carnage a yahoo news to get to your mail, is enough to gag a normal person,
    they want you to change your image of interest to "INFANTILE" non sense, cause it make you click and that sells another advertisement-next to a idiot who did a idiot thing.

Classical art is the best intelligence up lifting screen saver views, it shows us how we used to look before everything became digit-idiot, and took on checker board square minds,
    you can get good life giving art of the net for years, "start page images" is the best for collecting, modern art has in it all the traumas people have buried in them, "In It"
    Below "Water Baby" by draper. you can down load huge files of art, have them well printed and fill your life with "Sanity" again

[​IMG]

aaa the kiss .jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    jim davis, Sep 21, 2019
  5. ClippyBeer

Janice

I am green with envy :)

Janice, Sep 24, 2019
  6. ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Sep 27, 2019
    1. Advertisements