XP Media Center edition - any users/fans?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ClippyBeer, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ClippyBeer

Janice

Thank you for your concern but I am ok with this. My desktop with Asus P5LD2 takes XP esily. On this I have dual booted XP Pro with another XPPro. I am thinking of uninstalling one of them and dual booting the remaining XP Pro with the Media Center edition. Hence all my questions.

Your virtual machine looks real cool :)

Janice, Jul 14, 2021
  2. ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer

Make sure you use RUFUS to create the bootable USB - other utils (YUMI etc.) won't work due to the UDF file system used by the install (I couldn't get it to install in VMWare but it did install on my Gateway laptop). If you have any problems I can provide my XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP3 ISO that I have used countless times on various PCs and even in VMWare - the downside is you will have to manually apply SP4.
    So far I am very impressed with how XP performs in VMWare. I tried Windows 7's XP mode but was disappointed. It runs in low res and has no 3D acceleration so forget games - it is meant entirely for legacy apps and websites that depend on IE8.

VMWare on the other hand utilizes your PC's GPU so XP can use DirectX 7, 8 and 9 as well as Direct3D. Even if you buy a new Windows 10 PC you can still have the full XP experience.

VMWare player is free.

ClippyBeer, Jul 16, 2021
    Samir and Janice like this.
  3. ClippyBeer

red Guest

driver magician lite download back up all your drivers :) remove your hard drive from tower or laptop place another in its place install xp:) if tyring another version ,no messing about nothing hard about it, burn iso iso burner for xp
    everything is free even the time it takes to do it, dont have a copy ,then take yourself over to major geeks or internet archive download the version you want, if on internet archive the read description at side of listing will fint the codes needs there gl
    long live xp:)

red, Jul 17, 2021
  4. ClippyBeer

Janice

This is really wonderful. Please let me have your XP MCE 2005 ISO. This will save me a lot of trouble. Applying SP4 manually is not problem at all.
    Thank you.

Janice, Jul 18, 2021
    Samir likes this.
  5. ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer

PM sent.

ClippyBeer, Jul 18, 2021
    Samir likes this.
Ask a Question