New to this community, need a bit of help

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by thefatbook2920, Feb 10, 2021.

1. thefatbook2920

thefatbook2920

Firstly, hi!
    It's so cool to see people still making communities for XP and supporting them. I have XP as a second OS on my computer. I actually use it for a lot of my offline work(word processing, spreadsheets, etc.). It's such a focused experience that isn't distracting, plus it runs BLAZING fast, one of the many advantages of using an older OS.

I now, however, want to take it online, if it's even possible. If anyone can help me with the following, I will be eternally grateful:
    -A way to run Google Meets and Zoom since my company uses both
    -A way to use YouTube
    -Antivirus program that doesn't clog up my memory but is still effective at detecting harmful files(I'm not downloading anything, just want to take the extra step in protecting my PC)
    -Being able to go on newer websites in general without getting a blank white screen or a "not supported" message

Is the following even possible? Can it be done all at once with a community-made patch or copy of XP? I'd love to learn more! I have no problem if it doesn't work, but I am curious to see whether I can do my everyday tasks on a faster, more familiar OS to me

thefatbook2920, Feb 10, 2021
    Janice likes this.
  2. thefatbook2920

Lockherup

Try the forum favorite Mypal 28 web browser .. It runs youtube, bitchute, gab, odyssey, lbry etc .. with no problems.. can't help with zoom and antivirus as I don't run either.

Lockherup, Feb 10, 2021
    thefatbook2920 likes this.
  3. thefatbook2920

thefatbook2920

Thank you so much! I'll try that right now! At the very least I just needed basic online functions, good to know I can go well beyond that! I can easily just go on Zoom/Meet on another device if it doesn't work on XP.

thefatbook2920, Feb 10, 2021
  4. thefatbook2920

Janice

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Janice, Feb 10, 2021
  5. thefatbook2920

Mr Siamese Cat

Mr Siamese Cat, Feb 10, 2021
  6. thefatbook2920

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Feb 11, 2021
Ask a Question