Installation

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by j.todd, Apr 2, 2017.

1. j.todd

Elizabeth23

video is the Integrated graphics device

http://pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=2562&device_search.x=46&device_search.y=4

listed 2nd from bottom and is the only one on the page with device number 2562 (ox2562)

====================

audio is the Realtek AC97

http://pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=24c5&device_search.x=36&device_search.y=4

fourth down on list

========================
    0x0000 ethernet controller
    http://pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=0000&device_search.x=66&device_search.y=5

around the middle of a very long page:)

REMEMBER: when installing drivers always install chipset first

Elizabeth23, Apr 13, 2017
  2. j.todd

j.todd

Hi Liz. Happy Easter. Tried to fo a new thread, didn't work. Finally found and installed my missing drivers. Now I want to play Pinball. Can't. Waiting for deployment comes up. Could you please tell me what I'm missing or what I have to do to deploy. Also, what are all the xp users doing for security in view of the recent hacking. Thanks again for everything you have done for me. Jim

j.todd, Apr 16, 2017
  3. j.todd

Elizabeth23

for security, i use 360 tse and malwarebytes, and safe surfing, :)

the following is a list of files on my pc associated with pinball, see if you have these files and if not I can upload to my onedrive for you.:

pinball c;\program files\windows NT
    pinball.chm c: \windows\help
    pinball.hlp c: \windows\help
    pinball.inf c;\windows\inf
    pinball.pnf c:\windows\inf
    pinball.dat
    pinball.exe
    pinball.mid
    pinball2.mid last 4 are from c:\program files\windows NT\pinball

not sure what else as I have never played pinball, :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 17, 2017
  4. j.todd

j.todd

Hi Liz. Not sure what I did, but finally got to play pinball. Couldn't access those files and it was probaby because I didn't know how properly. No need now. Next question. How do I backup those drivers that I needed onto a flash drive. I have so many downloads on the drive that I don't know which is which. What I was doing was downloadind a driver, running a scan as you suggested and then trying to install in the computer until I foind one that would work. I'm not too confident in what I'm finding on the internet. Need expert advice. I noticed that you are in Florida. Any where near Indian Rocks Beach. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated. Jim

j.todd, Apr 19, 2017
  5. j.todd

Elizabeth23

What I have on my flash drive and on a cd is a folder labeled drivers, then inside that folder are more folders each one labeled chipset, video, audio, etc. and that way I have all my drivers ready to install if I should need them.

I live in Laurel hill , which is up on the panhandle of florida, :)

to access hidden files, go to control panel/folder options/ and then scroll down and uncheck do not show hidded files and uncheck hide file extension and uncheck Hide system files. this will let you view all, and then when you are done go back and replace checkmarks:

[​IMG]

Elizabeth23, Apr 19, 2017
  6. j.todd

j.todd

Hi Liz. That is what I want to do. Did you use a program to install from your O.S. or just download from the net, or have you a way of doing it? There are so many suggestions on the net that makes me think twice. Now that I have it working, don't want to screw it up. I was hoping that you might live close to Indian Rocks. My wife and I vacation there every year now and it would have been nice to take you out to lunch in appreciation for all the help and advice you have given me. Maybe some day we will get back to St Georges Island. thanks again Jim

j.todd, Apr 20, 2017
  7. j.todd

Elizabeth23

I downloaded my drivers from the Dell website, that is not available for you as we both have tried to get HP to show the drivers, your best bet would be to get the drivers from a driver website,

https://www.lifewire.com/driver-download-websites-reviewed-2619205

above site is written by Tim Fisher who has lots of tutorials online about xp, so read a few, I would not recommend download.com but that is just my personal opinion.

you should install ublock origin (in firefox it can be found through add-ons), This will keep advertisements at the minimum.

Elizabeth23, Apr 20, 2017
Ask a Question