Hmmm, , , , Off Topic, , , ,

misccAOL-1996-vs-Microsoft-Windows-8.jpg

I have been spending way too much time reading the website I got that from:
http://toastytech.com/guis/indexwindows.html

Never cared for the Windows 8.x metro menu. I was forced to use it when I was provided a laptop by my previous employer to use for work. The laptop was locked down so I couldn't make any changes so installing Openshell was not an option. I was fine with this since it was their property and only used it for work and had to return it upon completion of the project. Then as now I prefer using one laptop for work and a separate one for play.

The Metro UI made sense for touch screen devices such as Windows Phone (which MS abandoned) but horrible for standard mouse/touchpad devices. My Windows 10 computers have Openshell with XP style start menu.

Grace Hopper created the COBOL programming language, which is still relevant today. She was the first to use the term "bug" in a bug report. Grace was finding out the reason for the incorrect operation of the computer. It was discovered that a moth had gotten into the relay contacts. The insect was removed and attached to the bug report. Since then, errors in programs have been called bugs.

This is the first 'bug report !'

00 first bug.jpg

Back