XP starts to boot then Blue screen flashes with text then restarts

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by DonMurray, Jun 17, 2019.

1. DonMurray

DonMurray

Yesterday I cloned a Hard drive to second drive all the same - It would not boot. I used acronin disk director 12 advanced. It knew XP was there it booted up to it for a bit then a blue screen with text -REALY FAST- this text flashes across the screen then it booted into a the screen where you can pick
    start windows normaly with above that
    the regular screen you know with the safe mode option.
    So I go in to start windows normally and the same thing. over and over.
    This is a gigabyte durable three motherboard with a Athon II processor. nice motherboard by the way.
    It has both sata and wide and norrow IDE.

The first clone I did was with a faster dell that is willing to boot to a USB flash. the gigabyte durable three not wont boot to flash only CD.

Anyway My question is how would I get windows XP to expose all the text that flashed across the screen before it rebooted into the safe mode option. Its text its there I wanted to read it.

DonMurray, Jun 17, 2019
  2. DonMurray

Elizabeth23

when it gets to the advanced boot menu

click on Disable automatic restart, then restart this will leave the blue screen up so you can give us some info, the stop number and any file names associated with the blue screen

Elizabeth23, Jun 17, 2019
    DonMurray likes this.
  3. DonMurray

DonMurray

Elizabeth23 thank you. "click on Disable automatic restart" Is that on the same screen that allows me to Choose
    safe mode
    sofe mode with cammond prompt
    safe mode wiht something or a?
    and
    Start Windows Normally ?

That screen is all text. If I look very close to that screen will I find the place to click on that disables automatic restart ?
    Thanks
    D

DonMurray, Jun 18, 2019
  4. DonMurray

Elizabeth23

you should be able to use the arrow to highlight the disable automatic restart and yes it is on that same screen that allows you to choose safe mode

Elizabeth23, Jun 18, 2019
  5. DonMurray

arvin

please help me big problem once appear this screen my pc the big problem pc is CONTINUE RESTART after the OPERATING SYSTEM is corrupted. thanks please help me

WINDOWS XP ERROR.png

arvin, Jun 26, 2019
  6. DonMurray

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jun 26, 2019
Ask a Question