XP on UEFI BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by steampunk123, Dec 4, 2016.

1. steampunk123

Elizabeth23

reply 2: have you opened device manager in xp and tried to uninstall/reinstall the usb drivers??

have you clicked view/advanced/ show hidden devices and checked to see if there are any greyed listings and disabled/uninstalled those items?

Elizabeth23, Jan 27, 2017
  2. steampunk123

steampunk123

I did this for usb driver: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answer...einstall-usb-drivers-in-microsoft-windows-xp?

but It didn't work.

And yes I clicked view/advanced/ show hidden devices and disabled/uninstalled those items, but didn't helped. Windows can't find any drivers for my hardware.

And maybe I need also another chipset driver from intel, but all intel drivers keep saying, that my computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, but I'm sure it does. And ttheir uility to find drivers for my comp is saying the same. To be exact It's saying that when loading setup program.

I tried also install amd driver without ccc, but launching setuup program said, hat i need to launch it through ccc setup. When I tried to install through device manager, I didn't fouund any 100% matching device, but I remember that "VgaSave" is the graphic device that windows can't recognize.

untitled (1).JPG

steampunk123, Jan 29, 2017
  3. steampunk123

Elizabeth23

above from this thread

https://www.google.com/#q=usb+ports+not+working+on+xp

above is the search page for usb issue and below is another search page for issue with xp/win7

I cannot see how it will work for win7 but not for xp. :)

Elizabeth23, Jan 29, 2017
  4. steampunk123

steampunk123

USB ports are ok. I just need to find correct driver for USB, Chipset and Graphics. On gigabyte.com are not my motherboard's drivers for xp. i installed audio and network drivers from older motherboard and they are working well. I could install other drivers, but all Intel setups says, that my comp. does not meet minimum requirements. Is it true, that I must install chipset(Intel) driver first and then USB and Graphics?

steampunk123, Feb 11, 2017
  5. steampunk123

Elizabeth23

yes, always the chipset first. :)

not sure what else to do sometimes when there is no xp driver a vista driver might work

Elizabeth23, Feb 11, 2017
  6. steampunk123

steampunk123

exactly on my motherboard are just 7,8,8.1,10 drivers. I downloaded even vista chipset drivers for a bit older mbs and intel window is still saying that my comp doesn't meet minimum requirements. Is therre a way how to force install some driver from folder in xp? Because when I put windows to search for these drivers, I will get a message, that there isn't any driver for device.

steampunk123, Feb 17, 2017
  7. steampunk123

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Feb 18, 2017
  8. steampunk123

steampunk123

When I start scan on slim drivers, I get a message that all drivers are up to date.
    I have some drivers for xp download and I'm sure that they will work, but they will say that my comp doesn't meet minimum requirements. When I open chipset driver folders, I can see a lot of inf files. For example CentSMB.inf or patusb.inf.

steampunk123, Feb 18, 2017
  9. steampunk123

steampunk123

Wait, can't I just put then onto iso with nlite?

10. steampunk123

steampunk123

I put all the drivers onto iso with nlite, but only lan and audio are working.

11. steampunk123

steampunk123

Windows even doesn't know, that there are some other drivers.

12. steampunk123

Elizabeth23

I am stumped, maybe you ought to repost the question and see if some of the other contributors can help, include a link to this thread so they can see what you have done so far, sorry I could not help. :)

Elizabeth23, Feb 18, 2017
  13. steampunk123

PeterXP

I have had successful dual boot systems for over 6 years. Do not bother with a "one Disk" arrangement. If you want success just simply use two hard disks. The trick is install XP first with the second Win 7 disc disconnected. Then install win 7 on the second disk and DISCONNECT the XP disc when you do this. If you do not do it like this, Win 7 will dump a lot of "control " files on the XP disk. When both these jobs are done, hook both drives up and select which one to boot from using the F12 key at boot up. ( select hard Disk ). When you have such an arrangement and use "Defrag" with either system, make sure it only does the active disk usually C:\.

PeterXP, Jun 25, 2017
Ask a Question