XP on Thinkcentre M82 and ASUS M51AC

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Overflow, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Overflow

Overflow

Hello!

So, my workplace wanted to get rid of old computers just clogging up the office, and me being a new Linux user, appriciate the performance hidden and beaten down by the bloat of Windows 10 that are installed on these machines.

So I just ordered Nvidia GT730 and SSDs for these 2 machines, to give them a cheap, but very good boost.

Initially I wanted to install Linux on them, but then I remember I this forum and my Windows XP CD I havent used since my old XP compatible hardware died.

I do remember it required some hunting to get XP working on the old computer a few years ago, so the question is;

Given that these 2 machines are quite old and should have "familiar" hardware, which are supported by XP, anyone able to link me some quick install files for XP beyond what I have on the Windows XP CD?

I will be downloading driverfiles for the hardware in the coming days.

And I suppose I should follow the steps taken here;

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/my-11-year-old-xp-computer-resurrected-love-it.934310/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Overflow, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Overflow

Lockherup

It doesn't sound like you need anything. just put the CD in and install. you can get SP3 after if you need it and drivers are found at the mfct of the motherboard or system if it's a name brand.

Lockherup, Mar 1, 2021
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  3. Overflow

Overflow

Thanks for the reply. Once I get home (on worktravel atm) and get my hands on the SSD waiting for me, I will get going with XP on one of the machines :)

Overflow, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Overflow

Samir

Samir, Apr 1, 2021
Ask a Question