Xp installation

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by j.todd, May 20, 2017.

1. j.todd

Elizabeth23

oem is original equipment manufacturer. in my registry the product key is not what is on my coa. so it must be a volume licensing key that has been allotted dell from microsoft.

I have used my dell xp pro install disk (slipstreamed with sp3) to install xp pro on other dell pc's, I use my cd and their product key from their coa.

Elizabeth23, Jun 4, 2017
  2. j.todd

j.todd

Thanks Liz.Looks like I'm up the crick without a paddle as I don't have the number that was on the computer case. The number inside the cd doesn't work.I may that thmvp number and see if that works. Take care. Jim

j.todd, Jun 4, 2017
  3. j.todd

PJAmerica

If you need a Dell OEM iso for Home Or Pro I can help. I also have the driverpacls integrated so most if not all of your needs will be sorted. Just lmk via PM.

PJAmerica, Jun 4, 2017
  4. j.todd

j.todd

Hi Liz. Finally got it activated, at least the activation page says so. We will see how long it lasts. Thanks again. Jim

j.todd, Jun 5, 2017
  5. j.todd

Elizabeth23

j.todd, if you are activated then copy the files

Navigate to system32 folder.

Copy the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak files

and save to a flash drive or a cd so that you can reinstall next time without the activation problem.

Elizabeth23, Jun 6, 2017
Ask a Question