XP-Forever, Help me fight "change"

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ironworker, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ironworker

cmccaff1

If you want to install XP on an i7, then 4th-gen (Haswell) may be your upper limit if you want some hope of having the essential drivers working. 2nd-gen/3rd-gen (Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge) i7 processors were the last ones to officially support XP, so you have a better shot with those of getting all the drivers up/running properly, and to make matters better they've actually gotten pretty affordable recently (Haswell-era PCs are still pretty pricey).

cmccaff1, Oct 17, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  2. ironworker

jim davis

:)
    Janice your a woman after my heart :):):) :D you must have known my mom, little lady,
    round blue silk hat, was always looking for her purse.

Also, this is very unusual as it one of two uncanny things that have happen to me to day,

The first was, this morning I got up and there was a kangaroo on my deck, he had my swim shorts on and when I asked him "What Gives" he said " I have been waiting for you to get up, I wanna talk to you about this pizza you left out here last night, How come no anchovies :eek:.

What would you say :rolleyes:, so I went back in.

The other thing I was thinking was I could get a younger machine, put XP in it, now you bring it up as well, wow what a great idea, :p twice.

Now heres what you need to know,,,,windows 10 machines never turn off, thats why they are so fast, but it burns the hard drive into a early grave, and throws ultra sonic junk in the air 24-7-365.....at about the same frequency your central nervous system is trying to operate.

Does not help the beauty sleep :eek:

So After you gently turn win 10 off (yes Elizabeth I know your watching) un plug it so you don't have to give MS more money in 2-3 years for a new one.

Alas, the candle that burns so bright must burn only half as long

the best way to do this is with a plug that is controlled by a light switch if you have one, or put it on a plug bar with a switch.

Gosh, sounds so tidy

I think I hear my cat trying to get out of the refrigerator.

she has her own back door, but sometimes it gets stuck.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    jim davis, Oct 18, 2018
    Janice and cmccaff1 like this.
  3. ironworker

jim davis

Hi we have not met yet,,,and you are probably better off for that, but let me ask,
    you mean a standard windows 7 machine, that is a real submarine to go down into and use,
    cause I have one, that I use for a juke box on my stereo,

jim davis, Oct 18, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. ironworker

jim davis

I really like that poster, I hope they come here often.
    plus I need help looking for my cat.

jim davis, Oct 18, 2018
  5. ironworker

jim davis

I like this post, but can't watch the tube film cause i am hiding from them

jim davis, Oct 18, 2018
  6. ironworker

cmccaff1

Essentially, yes! Machines that shipped with Windows 7 run like greased lightning with XP, but the newer your hardware is the trickier it can be to successfully install XP properly (unless you really know what you're doing). I'd say the last machines to have truly good built-in support for WinXP are anything with a Pentium 4 HT, Pentium D, Core 2 Duo, or Athlon 64 X2 (the early dual-core PCs). These are the newest machines that really allow for a hassle-free experience in installing and using XP.

cmccaff1, Oct 18, 2018
  7. ironworker

WindowsXPforever

Even though i dont have an i7 pc i have a pentium 4 ht pc from 2005 :)

WindowsXPforever, Oct 18, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  8. ironworker

cmccaff1

Nothing wrong with that! My current PC has a 2.8GHz Pentium 4 (Prescott) with no hyperthreading--it's even got the old-school "Intel Inside" P4 logo on the front (before they tweaked the design & later rebranded). Right now I'm running Firefox 52.9.1ESR & Chromium 49 as my browser combo...they both work beautifully on this old P4 (though having the max 4 GB of RAM does seem to help matters).

cmccaff1, Oct 18, 2018
Ask a Question