Windows XP Cannot Login To Any Accounts! (0xC00000BB)

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Ware Network 32 64!, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Ware Network 32 64!

Ware Network 32 64!

Okay! I promise!

Ware Network 32 64!, Jun 6, 2017
  2. Ware Network 32 64!

Ware Network 32 64!

Okay! I got Hiren's Boot CD installed on a USB drive! I started up Mini Windows XP and I ran "chkdsk /r c:" as you said and it fixed all of the errors, but I still couldn't login and got the "0xC00000BB" error, and I still got the "KBDUS.DLL" error when I tried to start the Windows Setup from the USB drive! So, at least I can run Hiren's Boot CD with success! I was also able to open up Disk Management on Mini Windows XP and I saw three partitions! The one on top was a volume with a blank name, its File System was FAT, its status was Healthy (EISA Configuration), and it had a capacity of 39 megabytes with 32 megabytes of free space, the one in the middle was the "C:" volume with an NTFS file system which had a Healthy (Active) status with a capacity of 221.62 gigabytes and 117.97 gigabytes of free space, and the one on the bottom was the volume for the USB drive with Hiren's Boot CD on it with a FAT32 file system which had a Healthy (Active) status with a capacity of 7.44 gigabytes and 6.86 gigabytes of free space! I am going to do some more research on Google to see what else I can do to fix these problems that I have using Hiren's Boot CD to fix them!

Ware Network 32 64!, Jun 11, 2017
  3. Ware Network 32 64!

Ware Network 32 64!

(UPDATE)

I fixed it! Here is what I did! I was able to access the "C" drive in the Mini Windows XP file explorer so I opened up the "C" drive and I saw that the "WIN.INI" file was 314 megabytes! So, I tried opening it in Notepad++ but it was to big for Notepad++ so I opened it in the Windows XP "notepad.exe" file because I was able to open Windows executable files in Mini Windows XP but it was to big for the Windows XP "notepad.exe" too! Luckily, Mini Windows XP had a built-in word processor called, "Atlantis Word Processor" which was able to fully and successfully load the "WIN.INI" file, so, I copied the "WIN.INI" file and pasted it, renamed the old "WIN.INI" file to "WIN.INIOLD" and renamed the new "WIN.INI" file which had a different name because it was a copy, cleared the new "WIN.INI" file by opening it in "Atlantis Word Processor" and deleting all of the text in it, and, rebooting back to Windows XP! I could login to my account! No password! No "0xC00000BB" error! I can't believe it! Clearing my "WIN.INI" file actually fixed my old computer! I am so happy! Thank you very much for all of your help and all of your support!

Ware Network 32 64!, Jun 11, 2017
  4. Ware Network 32 64!

Elizabeth23

glad you were able to fix the problem, :)

INSTALLING Full XP onto USB flash as a boot drive is not supported.

Hirens is WINPE not full XP. XP is not and will not be supported as a USB boot and run everything option.

You have to make an actual hard drive your boot disk.

above is from this link where I had questioned my inability to install xp from a flash drive

Elizabeth23, Jun 11, 2017
  5. Ware Network 32 64!

Ware Network 32 64!

Well, although Hiren's Boot CD was WinPE, I still booted into Mini Windows XP, went to the "C" drive, and, found out the problem! The "WIN.INI" file was 314 megabytes so I cleared it out (I showed you how in the update telling you that I fixed it) and I rebooted my old computer and I could login without any problems! It was good as new! Now I have finally fixed my old computer! Thank you for all of your help and all of your support!

Ware Network 32 64!, Jun 12, 2017
  6. Ware Network 32 64!

Elizabeth23

yes, I can boot to hiren's from a flash drive also, just cannot install full xp from a flash drive, just wanted to clarify that, I have a dell dimension 3000, and later 3000 could boot from flash for install but not mine, :)

Elizabeth23, Jun 13, 2017
  7. Ware Network 32 64!

Ware Network 32 64!

Luckily, I didn't have to reinstall Windows XP by buying an installation CD off of eBay or buying a bland CD and burning a Windows XP ISO to my computer! The problem was just simple to fix with Hiren's Boot CD and Mini Windows XP! The problem was the "WIN.INI" file which needed to be cleared out! No need to reinstall anything! Just needed to get into Mini Windows XP to clear out a file! Now, I have fixed the computer! Thank you for all of your help and all of your support!

Ware Network 32 64!, Jun 13, 2017
Ask a Question