Windows not start and can't re-install windows because language unreadable

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by stanb5, Jan 17, 2014.

1. stanb5

Elizabeth23

reply no. 2:

I also want to know what you have starting in normal mode, you might have to do this with the large icons, but I would like you to post the autoruns report as there may be something running that is interfering with the display:

AUTORUNS

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

I would scrutinize what you have loading on StartUp. You need to see if you have programs loading during boot process which might be changed to on demand.
    With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. If you uncheck you can recheck to re-enable the item. It is a much safer approach than editing the Registry and better than using msconfig.
    Another useful feature of the program is that you can right click an item and select Search Online to get information about the item selected.
    When using Autoruns you will need to click on the "Logon" tab to see what is running at start-up.

Elizabeth23, Jan 23, 2014
  2. stanb5

Elizabeth23

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

reply no. 3, do not forget to read the first reply at the bottom of page 2

the site above is for nvidia geforce displays, do a search there for the driver also., it may be that the search feature there can find and install the proper driver. or you can do a manual download,

Elizabeth23, Jan 23, 2014
  3. stanb5

stanb5

I uninstalled both antivirus and firewall. I tried to install the updated driver as well as the original driver and in both cases the screen froze and went to a black screen as before.
    Thanks so much for your help and time

stanb5, Jan 24, 2014
  4. stanb5

Elizabeth23

I want you to go to safe mode with networking, and let Nvidia scan your pc, they will be able to put the correct driver in.

then let me know what is happening after that, the link is in my last reply.

Elizabeth23, Jan 24, 2014
  5. stanb5

stanb5

This is a screenshot from logon

Attached Files:

stanb5, Jan 24, 2014
  6. stanb5

Elizabeth23

google talk
    H control
    smserial
    unlocker assistant

bluetooth Man...

address book 6 for both of these, unless your are using Outlook as your email, you do not need these on startup.
    microsoft outlook

google update

I do not believe that you need these running on startup, you can right click on each one and choose to search online, this will lead you to links that you can search to see if it is a necessary startup item, as most of the above should be able to be started manually when needed.

also post one with the Everything tab checked.

=================

just uncheck item, do not delete entry just yet, by unchecking it will not start up automatically, and you will be able to see how things run, if something should be required, then go back and place the checkmark back.

7. stanb5

stanb5

I went to the Nividia website to download the driver but said it was not compatible to the hardware. These are the screenshots with everything tab

Attached Files:

stanb5, Jan 24, 2014
  8. stanb5

stanb5

More screenshots

Attached Files:

stanb5, Jan 24, 2014
  9. stanb5

stanb5

The last screenshots

Attached Files:

stanb5, Jan 24, 2014
  10. stanb5

Elizabeth23

way, way, too many items on startup,

My everything takes up one page.

go through and search online each one,

File not found in Autoruns means that the item is meant to autostart, but the referenced file can not be located. So, the item will not autostart. Also, Autoruns will not be able to display additional details about the item that was meant to autostart.
    You should not delete those "File Not Found" entries unless you know exactly what removing these entries may do.
    Although the referenced files can not be located, certain registry entries may be there in the expectation that perhaps someday the functionality will be required.
    These are the ones in yellow, there are several that will be always not found,

the ones in pink are from installed programs, your choice to auto start but you should not need most of them to autostart.

======================

Nivida Ge Force Go 7300, this is your monitor correct??

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

link above is the page where you can have Nvidia scan your pc for graphics driver

http://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm/TechQuery

link above is asus support email contact

I am running out of ideas, the driver should install and problem should be gone

I still believe that there is a startup program causing the issues, let me know the results of you unchecking most of your autorun startup entries

Ask a Question