What browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Termingamer2-JD, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Termingamer2-JD

trimis

I went through this, but see no mention of 'qtweb', 'qtwebkit'. or 'qtwebengine', so I don't think this is what I saw.

trimis, Apr 17, 2018
  2. Termingamer2-JD

Darren Elliott

I'm using Firefox...as it still works for winxp

Darren Elliott, May 17, 2018
  3. Termingamer2-JD

Christian

I use Opera and Google Chrome but Opera is a fast browser even though it can't display some web pages it runs great.

Christian, May 18, 2018
  4. Termingamer2-JD

ovindigo

Using Opera for main browser.
    I prefer to Slimjet actually.. but it can't play youtube video. Its a dealbreaker for me.. :(

ovindigo, Jun 15, 2018
  5. Termingamer2-JD

wyxchari

I use Mypal.

After the end of the XP updates, I will continue using it because most of the security problems depend on the browser and not the operating system.
    This browser will always be updated monthly and is that use since August 2018 that ended Firefox. github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

wyxchari, Aug 26, 2018
    cmccaff1 and WindowsXPforever like this.
  6. Termingamer2-JD

cmccaff1

Opera 12.18 for most sites (including this one) and Mypal for the sites that Opera is starting to have problems with. It's a solid combo, particularly for older PCs (I'm using a 2.8GHz Pentium 4-based PC, an HP Compaq DC5000 SFF with 4GB of RAM [upgraded from 512MB] and a DVD+/-RW drive [upgraded from a basic CD-ROM [not a burner]).

I mainly run older software on my PC; most of the program versions I use will work with Windows 98SE, and in some cases even with Windows 95. This makes a big difference on older hardware, especially when you're relying on on-board graphics and an old 40GB HDD and don't have a dedicated graphics card or an SSD.

cmccaff1, Sep 14, 2018
Ask a Question