Wannacry XP patch loses network mapped drive access

Prior to the patch, I had a network drive (on a win 7 machine) mapped on the xp machine via explorer's mapped drive to "\\192.168.1.105\c$\band songs" Has been mapped for years without issue. After the patch, the mapped drive is no longer accessible, nor can I map a new drive on that xp machine. Thoughts??

Try saving the files temporarily on another drive/online storage and delete the mapped drive, then create it again on the win 7 machine

What?? There's nothing wrong with the Win 7 machine or drive. I also have a Win 10 machine mapping the same drive just fine. And another XP machine that I haven't applied the patch to yet./. It's just the XP system that lost access once that SMB security patch was applied to it. This is a network access issue, not a drive issue. The XP machine (with the SMB patch) can no longer see the win 7 machine (or it's drive) at all .

What?? There's nothing wrong with the Win 7 machine or drive. I also have a Win 10 machine mapping the same drive just fine. And another XP machine that I haven't applied the patch to yet./. It's just the XP system that lost access once that SMB security patch was applied to it. This is a network access issue, not a drive issue. The XP machine (with the SMB patch) can no longer see the win 7 machine (or it's drive) at all .
Ok, just a thought. Try uninstalling the patch and try reconnecting again. Thats all I can think of.

Remap/mapping no longer works at all. Once that patch was applied the method the computer uses tomake the network connection no longer functions. I haven't tried unistalling the patch yet but that's next

Hmm.. Does your Win 7 machine "see" the XP machine? Open up a DOS box and type in net view and hit enter and see if your win 7 machine sees the xp machine.. (or vice versa,in the Win 7 machine open up a command box and type "net view" without the quotes)

Back