Should I install these drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Janice, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Janice

Elizabeth23

you are welcome :)

NOTE: now even though you are making images of your pc, take all your drivers and save to a cd and/or flash drive so that they are not lost, :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Janice

Janice

Can I do this without using a driver backup program.

Janice, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Janice

Elizabeth23

you can, I have a dell and when I first did a clean install years back, when I downloaded all my drivers that I needed, I also copied them from my desktop to a flash drive, and I still have them, for when I do a reinstall, if you do an image you do not really need to do this, but I like to have them, :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Janice

Janice

I would also like to keep a copy all my drivers. If I am to save all the drivers I need to copy them to a flash drive from the installed location because I don't have them on my desktop or any other convenient location. How can I do this? Where in XP can I see all the drivers that are installed, so that I can copy them from there?

Janice, Oct 15, 2019
  5. Janice

Elizabeth23

on my pc, dell has a folder named Dell on the root of c: drive, whenever I install a driver it saves it to that folder and installs, the only one not in the folder is my ethernet, since it is not on the motherboard but on a separate card, I have a cd to install it from. since you have recently installed you should know all the drivers you need and can download them again, before you forget, I only have 5 drivers, Dss, chipset, video, audio, and my internet.

Elizabeth23, Oct 15, 2019
    Janice likes this.
  6. Janice

Janice

This link you posted above, shows about a dozen latest Intel updates for XP. They will be available for download only until 29th of October. Do you think I should install these driver updates or continue with what I already have in the computer?

Janice, Oct 15, 2019
  7. Janice

Elizabeth23

if your pc is working fine, do not update just because there is an update, it may or may not be best for your pc, my video is , for example, version 2, but intel says there is a version 4, Dell says version 2 is the last, when you have an OEM pc, the driver may be intel, but the OEM has added proprietary something to the driver and the newer drivers unless downloaded on the OEM website will not work.

Since you say yours is self built? then the choice is up to you, but if the pc is working now, only download those that are listed in the device manager version of driver.

Elizabeth23, Oct 15, 2019
    Janice likes this.
  8. Janice

Janice

My XP is working fine. So I'll go with the drivers I already have.

Janice, Oct 15, 2019
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
Ask a Question