Not receiving e-mail alerts for watched threads

When I click on "watched threads" there are many listed from days gone by. None of the check boxes are marked, and when I try to put a check and save changes nothing happens.

I tried Unwatching and then Watching a thread (with e-mail notification) but that didn't help.

The last time I received e-mail regarding new posts was Dec. 5th.

What's the trick?

Wolf

17 "views" on this now, but no comments. Earlier today I "Reported" myself for this thread hoping a moderator would help me resolve the issue.... no response.

I know at least one other member is not getting e-mail alerts... what do that member and I have in common?

Can the rest of you reading this please respond with an answer to 2 Q's...

1) Are you receiving alerts?
2) Who is you e-mail provider?

In my case the answers would be;

No
Gmail

Thanks for your help.....
Wolf

17 "views" on this now, but no comments. Earlier today I "Reported" myself for this thread hoping a moderator would help me resolve the issue.... no response.

I know at least one other member is not getting e-mail alerts... what do that member and I have in common?

Can the rest of you reading this please respond with an answer to 2 Q's...

1) Are you receiving alerts?
2) Who is you e-mail provider?

In my case the answers would be;

No
Gmail

Thanks for your help.....
Wolf

Hi ImWolf

There is only one staff member. That is Ian. He hosts the site for free and gives his time for free. If there is a possible problem with your account, message Ian directly. He may actually be on holiday or unwell at the moment.

In answer t your two specific questions.

1) Yes I am receiving email alerts on watched threads.

2) My email provider is Hotmail.com

Furthermore your need to not only watch the thread, but also need to check “receive email alerts” on the box that crops up when you click watch the thread.

I am now watching this thread, so I will be able to tell you if I receive an email on this thread if you respond.

I hope this helps

Thank you for the reply Madeleine.... yours is the first e-mail I have received from this site since early December.

It is also the first thread I created since then.... not sure if that pertains to the problem?

There is another thread that I'm interested in for which I do not receive any alerts, and another member is also NOT receiving alerts..... could you please visit this subject and just write "test 4 Wolf" to see if I get updates.

https://www.xpforums.com/threads/xp-no-longer-plays-bitchute-videos.934530/page-3

Thank You,
Wolf

Cool..... now please post anything you want on the other thread link I gave above to test that one.

Thanks,
Wolf

I just have commented on the other thread you requested I did.

If you don’t receive notifications on the other thread. You need Un-watch the thread. Then click Watch. Then when the pop up box comes up, click receive email alerts.

I think I deserve some likes for all this administration work.

Back