Mouse pointer changes to a lock icon

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Rudy Lewis, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Rudy Lewis

Rudy Lewis

Hi Liz,
    I can not find my post about my Mouse pointer changing to a lock icon. You gave me several links plus advice to change my mouse. However, today, I have found a remedy to my problem other than rebooting my computer. Open Mouse properties (Start, Settings, Contro Panel, Mouse, Pointers tab, under Scheme, open choices (arrow key next to current selection), change to choice nearest current choice, then change back to preferred choice, click Apply. Pointer will automatically change from lock icon when another scheme is chosen.
    All my best,
    Rudy Lewis Jr.

Rudy Lewis, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Rudy Lewis

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Rudy Lewis

Rudy Lewis

Hi Liz,
    I apologize; you misunderstood what wrote. I was not asking for a link to my post(s) regarding my other questions/problems. I was referring to my mouse pointer which turns into lock icon. I am sorry if the advice you gave me was for the problem regarding the first icon focus. Since I could not find the pointer lock discussion, I thought your advice was for my icon lock question. I only sought to give you my solution, hoping you could use the information.
    Thanks,
    Rudy Lewis Jr.

Rudy Lewis, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Rudy Lewis

Elizabeth23

any information is great and can be useful to others so thanks, :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2021
  5. Rudy Lewis

Nishant

The lock icon appears when your pointer is over a link. When the link is opened, the lock icon will be replaced by an open padlock.

This is a security feature that was released with Windows Vista. When the user clicks on an internet link, Windows opens Internet Explorer and then loads the linked website in a new window.

To change your mouse pointer to the arrow icon, go to your Control Panel and then click on Mouse. From there, you can change the pointer settings as you please.

Nishant, Jun 5, 2021
Ask a Question