IE6 stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Ivan8ias, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Ivan8ias

Elizabeth23

the updates are listed individually and have ie8 prefix, the ie8 without a KB number is ie8 itself (16.1mb), the installer is in a folder by itself, :)

Elizabeth23, Aug 17, 2017
  2. Ivan8ias

Ivan8ias

Thank you. I selected the necessary files and downloaded them. I had to download the installer because mine was version 3.01 I unzipped everything and am ready for bed now. :) Thank you for replying. I will install them tomorrow and let you know how I make out. Goodnight. :)

Ivan8ias, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Ivan8ias

Elizabeth23

okey dokey

Elizabeth23, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Ivan8ias

Ivan8ias

Elizabeth23,
    All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I apologize for my apprehensive cautiousness in installing IE8, but I have heard stories about how it is integrated into the OS, and frankly, that scared me. I followed your instructions to the letter, updated the installer and then installed the IE8 program. Re-booted and one by one, successfully installed all the update patches. It works flawlessly, and my system wasn't affected! Seriously, I can't thank you enough for providing the programs and installation procedures. You are a true asset to the Windows XP community.

You'll be happy to hear that I have created passwords on all the computers for security. I have them all set to logon automatically and added their respective credentials to my Windows7 Gateway laptop and the Windows10 Toshiba laptop. All is well with the network.

Your friend,
    Ivan

Ivan8ias, Aug 18, 2017
  5. Ivan8ias

Elizabeth23

Great work, glad all the issues are resolved :) :D

Elizabeth23, Aug 18, 2017
Ask a Question