I cant see this its so emberising :(

you only need .net 4 if a program you are running needs it. I have all the .net's installed, but the only one I have ever needed was 2.0 used with nlite.

and you can place them all in manual in services so that they are not started maybe this will let your icons load faster, have you ever gone to the black viper's website and studied the configurations of xp services? see the link below:

http://www.blackviper.com/service-c...32-bit-service-pack-3-service-configurations/

ALRIGHT! seems like no problems.enabled the POSready updates and found out that KB4074852, KB4134651 and KB4134651-v2 updates breaks the network tray icon and they are not recommended to install...So i didnt install them.So im a have a little support from microsoft then :)

no they are not stored in the catalog that way, you have to search for each name, for example: .netxxx or spxxx or office or security.

to see your updates go to microsoft updates and review your update history there will be many pages that will take you to the very first one installed, but why do you need the order in which they were installed??
=============

the link is for sp3 ONLY, and there are not 69 for an individual, you have to search for either x86 or x84 or for xp vs server.

==============

you can download PORTUP, do a search online for all your updates, and it will comeback with what is installed what you need and you have the option to download all the updates for install offline in case of a future clean install

-=============

this is what I do for regular xp as I do not have POS READY .

you only need .net 4 if a program you are running needs it. I have all the .net's installed, but the only one I have ever needed was 2.0 used with nlite.
and you can place them all in manual in services so that they are not started maybe this will let your icons load faster
In my XP Pro, in 'services.msc', only Net 4 is shown as: Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86
I remember installing all of them (NET 1, 2, 3 and 4) using 'portup'. Why isn't 1, 2 and 3 not shown?

Thank you

have you ever gone to the black viper's website and studied the configurations of xp services? see the link below:
Is there a web site similar to Black Viper where I can get comprehensive help to set up Windows Firewall (with advanced options).

Thank you.

to see what you have installed for .net, go to the control panel/add and remove programs/ scroll down and all the .nets installed will show up

For FIREWALL search page, there are many hits read through a few and if you have questions, then ask, :)

For FIREWALL search page, there are many hits read through a few and if you have questions, then ask, :)
At this link I get Start Page: https://www.startpage.com/

to see what you have installed for .net, go to the control panel/add and remove programs/ scroll down and all the .nets installed will show up
Yes I see all four of them there. Since only NET 4 is shown in 'services' I assume only NET 4 can be set to 'Manual' start, instead of 'Automatic'. Am I correct?

I disabled autoplay and yes its been 4 weeks and its normal no problem where found :) thanks Elizabeth.Now i can eXPierence my xp :)
That's the first thing I do on every PC hahaha :D

You know what's great about XPForums? Nobody complains about necro-posting. Which is good, because that phrase shouldn't even exist. Forums are for conversation. Some people may have left the conversation sure, but other people still have the freedom of speech to continue said topic. :)

Back