How can I slipstream Dell Chipset Driver?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by PJAmerica, Mar 5, 2015.

1. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

I have not heard of the link u gave but I am downloading the pack to see if it is better than wsus.

have to try to translate the screenshots. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  2. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Thanks. I use R74542-MODEM & R78727-NETWORK. Are those correct? I never know what the latest drivers are for my Machine. I end up having to use TCPOptimizer to get my download upload speeds to there respective levels on XP.

PJAmerica, Mar 7, 2015
  3. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Just go to run it and when it gets to the spot where you check or uncheck what you want to install, there is a complete list of everything. You can cancel out no problem. He is not big on proving documentation. It's really outstanding though. If you hover over the selected hotfixes etc it displayes what the kb is.

PJAmerica, Mar 7, 2015
  4. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

okay, I tried tcp optimizer once and screwed it all up, so I just leave it as it is, where I am at, I am paying for 1mbs and sometimes get 4 so I am stuck with what I can get in this area of the boondocks. :)

I do not install the modem driver as I do not have dialup.

the network should be R91081 as per here at dell drivers and downloads

if you input your service tag you will get drivers specific to your pc. should be mostly the same as mine, but the r78727 is one year older that the r91801.

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  5. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Yeah, I know about service tag. I just have no clue what to download with what it shows me to be honest........lol. So your Network driver is the latest then? from the download list for modems I can't tel what the latest for modem is. (R133743.EXE???)

I pay for 30mbs and get about 7-10mbs on average it's no less than 4-5. But XP cuts that down massively so I have to use the optimizer. Never had an issue with it yet.

Ps. Check this video driver. I think it's the proper one for your PC. I use it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lq18ph

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    PJAmerica, Mar 7, 2015
  6. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

do you have dialup??? if not then you do not need the modem driver.

The only ones I install are the dss, chipset, audio, and video, I have 2 videos I install one and then I install the extreme graphics 2 driver., as for my network card I would normally install the pro 100 driver, but my onboard nic card went belly up and I got a new one from dell several years ago, it is a realtek and came with a cd, so I install my nic from that.

----------------------

you really only need the drivers that I mentioned, unless you get some yellow warning signs in device manager for a device that you have with your system.

------------

I do not have wireless so I do not need that one either

you can tell what you need by looking at the drivers also, for example on video there are 2 files, intel springdale and intel 85865g, I have 85865g but you might have springdale, you would have to look in device manager or go to start/run and type in msinfo32, then click ok and system summary will appear with more detail that device manager as to what is installed.

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  7. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

well, it is midnight, I am going to sleep, will check back in am. :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  8. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Device manager hounds me for modem driver hence why I ask. No worries though. I just want the latest drivers for them.

Mine came with springdale but then it upgrades it to 85865ga and then to the one I uploaded for ya to check out. All of them work. Springdale had some issues with it and the extreme graphics controller update 85865g replaced it.

PJAmerica, Mar 7, 2015
  9. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

I am leery of using any drivers that did not come from dell, but what does the driver from your link do that the extreme graphics driver does not??

===

do the following please:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, go to the left hand pane and select components, choose modem, once the info appears, thenclick Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.

You can edit out any personal information.

when I highlight this in my system summary I get a blank page.

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  10. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

It comes from dell....lol. I just uploaded it for you. It's not infect. I promise. look up this. R111513. Google is your friend. It fixes some serious issues.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=KF80Y

It says it's for optiplex but in fact when you read the documentation inside it reads and I quote this part.
    You would never find this driver if not for a fluke I encountered a few years ago trying to figure out why Microsoft pushed this as a security update on me. I hazard an install and low and behold it resolve some things and sped up my onboard graphics issues. I looked in ccleaner for the version information and researched and found the driver in a non dell supported section and when I extracted it and inspected it it proved to be in fact for Dell. They just never applied or corrected this information properly. It installs and works fine. I watch lots of movies and tv shows in 1208x1024 so besides using the proper software with onboard graphics it's important to have the proper driver that is stable and Microsoft actually got something right that Dell didn't seem to point out in there driver delivery on the site. It's installs and resolves all of the issues.

Like you I was installing the two drivers you have now. One after the other but found I need to. In this respect out onboard video is identical.

PJAmerica, Mar 7, 2015
  11. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Name Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem
    Description Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem
    Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1080&SUBSYS_10001028&REV_04\4&1C660DD6&0&08F0
    Device Type Internal Modem
    Attached To COM3
    Answer Mode Not Available
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1080&SUBSYS_10001028&REV_04\4&1C660DD6&0&08F0
    Provider Name Intel Corporation
    Modem INF Path oem2.inf
    Modem INF Section IntelSM6
    Blind Off X4
    Blind On X3
    Compression Off %C0+DS=0,0;+DS44=0,0;
    Compression On %C1+DS=3,0;+DS44=3,0;
    Error Control Forced +ES=3,2,4;
    Error Control Off +ES=1,0,1;
    Error Control On +ES=3,0,2;
    Flow Control Hard &K3
    Flow Control Off &K0
    Flow Control Soft &K4
    DCB 
    Default <
    Inactivity Timeout 0
    Modulation Bell Not Available
    Modulation CCITT Not Available
    Prefix AT
    Pulse P
    Reset AT&F<cr>
    Responses Key Name Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem::Intel Corporation::Intel Corporation
    Speaker Mode Dial M1
    Speaker Mode Off M0
    Speaker Mode On M2
    Speaker Mode Setup M3
    Speaker Volume High L3
    Speaker Volume Low L0
    Speaker Volume Med L2
    String Format Not Available
    Terminator <cr>
    Tone T
    Memory Address 0xFE9FE000-0xFE9FEFFF
    I/O Port 0x0000DE00-0x0000DEFF
    IRQ Channel IRQ 22

PJAmerica, Mar 7, 2015
  12. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

R133743 is the correct one, I guess my pc does not need that one. :) also remember that when you load from the dell resource cd, you add a lot of dell's bloatware.

I am going to try your driver, I do not have to much prob watching videos as long as I turn off hardware acceleration.

I have 1024x 768 resolution.

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  13. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

reply #2, the driver you had (graphics ) was the same exact one that I had already installed on my pc, (extreme graphics2) same version and everything. Guess that the numbers are different for the different models even if the driver is the same.

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2015
  14. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Funny thing is that yours is not prescribed for Dell Dimension 3000 and mine is.........lol. Gotta love it when they do these silly things don't ya? Thanks for the follow up on Modem. I have had fun and learned a lot here. Thanks :)

PJAmerica, Mar 8, 2015
  15. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

BTW, about Resource CD. My Disc is bad. I never really cared for installing it when it was good. The disc is damaged and unrecoverable. Luckily the bad spot doesn't effect my ability to browse the zip files folder and get the original drivers for my system though. I wish I could get a ISO of the resource cd that works though. I always keep my drivers on a small flash drive. Always have.

PJAmerica, Mar 8, 2015
  16. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

you can make your own iso, with imgburn

http://www.imgburn.com/

good luck with future work, if you have more questions, start another thread. :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 8, 2015
  17. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Will do. I don't think I was clear. I already know how to make an ISO of the software. Problem is that the disk is bad and won't allow due to bad blocks on the disc. I have tried to repair it but no luck. Please feel free to split or move this if you want. My CD is fried so I can't make a copy and it's impossible to get it from DELL now so I am screwed.:confused:

PJAmerica, Mar 8, 2015
  18. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

can you copy the files off the disk to your desktop??

I do not have a resource cd so I do not know what is on them. copy a few items at a time and see if you can get all the files, then you can create the iso, and you can get a usb cd drive to burn to if your cd drive is bad, if I ever get some extra dollars I will see if I can get a drive myself, since my drive has bad blocks.

If you are getting a bad block message when burning, it is probably the drive and not the disk.

what do you use off the resource cd??

I have had my pc since 2005 and have never used the resource cd, since I did not have one. :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 8, 2015
  19. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

The drive has nothing to do with it. It's just a damaged disc Liz. It has bad sectors on it because the disc is old, scuffed and unrepairable. I have done al I can. I have everything from the disc accept where the one file got corrupted from the disc damage. I just wanted to preserve the original cd for personal sake. Seems there is no place online to find original ISOs for these things anymore. Nothing specific or viable anyways. I have had my PC since February 2005 as well. Still have the original XP SP2 disc and the Dell Resource CD that has all the drivers for my PC. I made copies of the XP disc but never of the Resource CD....lol. I thought maybe you had a copy. You do not so noth9ing to do at this point. If ever you do find the original resource cd for our PC then please let me know. I would love a copy. I would even give you a few bucks for your time if need be. Anyways, thanks for everything. Have a great day.

PJAmerica, Mar 8, 2015
  20. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

from here

Elizabeth23, Mar 8, 2015
Ask a Question