Hello.Help please !

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by djradu28, Feb 12, 2013.

1. djradu28

Elizabeth23

for example on my pc, I have secunia psi installed and the desktop loads but it takes a good 20 second before the hour glass is gone from cursor because secunia is scanning pc because I have it set to load at start up.

Autoruns will show what is starting when you turn on your pc, the less you have starting the better. It would be best to test by turning off half of the non microsoft items you have starting and see if the error persists, if it is still there, then turn on that half and turn off the other half, restart and see if the error persists, if it is not then you know that within that group is a startup item that is causing the freeze, and by process of elimination you can find out which one it is.

Elizabeth23, Feb 14, 2013
  2. djradu28

djradu28

I did fresh format/install and after that i used Malwarebytes abtimlware and the freat antivirus "invented" in my country,Romania Bitdeffender,both are the full licensed versions,i installed CCleaner,and i dont have problems abynore,thanks you much for the help :)

djradu28, Feb 22, 2013
  3. djradu28

Elizabeth23

great, glad your problem is solved, I perform a reinstall once a year, just to keep everything fresh. :)

Elizabeth23, Feb 22, 2013
  4. djradu28

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Feb 17, 2016
Ask a Question