Happy Birthday XP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by WindowsXPforever, Oct 25, 2018.

1. WindowsXPforever

Darren Elliott

Sorry for delay but happy bday winxp

Darren Elliott, Nov 1, 2018
    Jeyneko and cmccaff1 like this.
  2. WindowsXPforever

jim davis

cmccaff1
    thanks for yours
    so your saying only use old hardware???
    that stings me, as my dell has some hard drive they don't even make anymore,
    the automatons at new bee parts treated me like I had a disease for wanting NOT to trade up to windows (even watch you in the bathroom) 10.

every thing you do on ten is sent to post gates MS, plus the hard drive can not be shut off.

used old parts are a issue, my dell got a used mother board and after getting it home found the back speaker input was fried so i had to put speakers in the head phone jack in front.

we must thank Elizabeth for this forum to sort this stuff out

jim davis, Nov 8, 2018
    Janice and cmccaff1 like this.
  3. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

That's a shame that they would treat any customer (be it a prospective newcomer or a longtime patron) in such a way. As long as your system is doing what you need to do, that's what counts. It is awful when people are stigmatized or made to feel like second-class citizens for using an 'old' OS or an older PC.

It depends on your needs--for my own personal needs, my P4 does everything I need it to do. I have newer machines I could use, but the P4 is more than enough for me. For more intensive tasks, a dual-core or quad-core is recommended. Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad PCs are now very affordable in most cases, and virtually all of them have XP-compatible motherboards which will allow for hassle-free installations. In general a Core 2 Quad or 2nd/3rd-gen i5/i7-based PC is about as good as you can get for Windows XP.

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
    Janice likes this.
  4. WindowsXPforever

Janice

I come across this very often on the internet. I visit some forums and other computer web sites, even though I am no member, out of curiosity about their activities. Very often I find people ranting and raving at those who use XP. They want every one else to 'toe the line' and 'do as you are told'. They are offended at others for using XP, as if XP users are doing violence to them. Perhaps we are doing just that, showing them that we don't have to use crap just because it is free, or because it is the 'latest'. Of course they all want us to get windows 10 :eek:

Janice, Nov 8, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  5. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

One new article i found was saying:"Avast is ending program updates for Windows XP/Vista.Definition updates will be still made for these OSes that use our Avast products.To continue getting the latest avast antivirus program update you should upgrade to windows 10" No thank i dont need some stupid spyware and Cortana.Spoiler alert:Cortana is almost like Bonzi Buddy.

WindowsXPforever, Nov 8, 2018
    cmccaff1 and Janice like this.
  6. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

Reply number 2
    MS flipping failed with the windows 10 october update as you may heard LOL.I never seen MS releasing an update like to XP.Seems like MS were MORE succesfull with XP then the later version of Windows.

cmccaff1 likes this.
  7. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

No doubt about it--XP was the last time Microsoft got it right. It will remain a 'monkey on their back' for many years to come, whether they want it to be or not.

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
  8. WindowsXPforever

Janice

This intimidation and bullying is also quite common. MS is in cahoots with all these software and hardware companies. Ugly!

Janice, Nov 8, 2018
    Jeyneko and cmccaff1 like this.
  9. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

I agree.Windows 10 does look ugly.XP is more beutiful.

cmccaff1 and Janice like this.
  10. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

XP was the last version of Windows that could really be customized to your liking...starting with Vista it became harder, and 10 is a nightmare to get
    the way you want it as far as the look/feel. The customization options alone are enough to keep me on XP, never mind everything else it does right.

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
    Janice likes this.
  11. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

Ok since we started talking about Windows 10 lets compare Windows 10 and Windows XP icons
    Notice how Windows 10's icon are flat?
    Now lets look at Windows XP.They are sweet,userfriendy,beutiful,colorful. :)

Attached Files:

12. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

It's like putting an astronaut against a farmer--not even CLOSE to a fair fight! XP by MORE than a country mile!

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
    Janice likes this.
  13. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

You know how i fell bad even looking at it.I have to use at my school oh and the BSOD's,never ending updates,slowness,bloatware,ugly startmeniu,etc

14. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

You're not kidding--they've had years to get 10 the way it ought to be, and it's still trash. XP is a fine wine that keeps getting better with time.

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
    Janice and Jeyneko like this.
  15. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

Yeah.Though my school installed that bad update on their wandows 10 pcs and there are teachers saying that their files are gone.Welp blame your OS.

cmccaff1 likes this.
  16. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

Yes, indeed--XP will always remain the undisputed champ of Windows. More stable than the 9x series, more fully featured than NT4 and 2000. It's just perfect (or as close to it as you're ever going to get).

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
  17. WindowsXPforever

WindowsXPforever

Altough i used XP back in its hey day (2011) i didnt really ha memories with xp i only rememebr browsing the web with ie6.I remember the bliss backround.And after we good an unknow virus.My dad installed a fresh copy of windows 7 yes i know thats was my childhood with 7 but now im expieriencing xp like it should be!

cmccaff1 likes this.
  18. WindowsXPforever

cmccaff1

IE6 wasn't too bad for its time--in 2001 it was definitely the best browser out there. Even today it works a treat for basic sites--if you turn off smooth scrolling, enable TLS 1.0 and disable active scripting, it's not too bad (though you'll need proxies for some sites due to dwindling support for the SSL and TLS protocols it supports).

On REALLY old computers (486/Pentium Classic-era) stuff, IE5.5 or IE6 is definitely my browser of choice. Those are the only browsers that ran reliably on my IBM Thinkpad 380ED with a 166MHz Pentium MMX and 48MB of RAM. Even Opera 8.54 and Firefox 1.0.8 were almost unusably slow by comparison.

cmccaff1, Nov 8, 2018
    WindowsXPforever likes this.
  19. WindowsXPforever

Elizabeth23

re: reply 31, WindowsXPForever ,I could not see your attachments, I thought the error on the website was fixed because I say the attachments from a post earlier this morning.

Elizabeth23, Nov 8, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  20. WindowsXPforever

Jeyneko

Theres also a virus going through the college PCs. Wonder if it's Windows Update :p

Jeyneko, Nov 11, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
Ask a Question