CS:S on XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Games' started by bread, Nov 30, 2022.

1. bread

bread

So basically everythings patched now for multiplayer on steam, using old steam_api.dll from portal 2 doesnt work, getting the steam beta error when trying to find a server, but I know theres an alternative route, the original CD version of CS:S.

Does anyone know how to connect to servers / know a program to connect to servers in order to play CS:S.

Alternatively, has anyone tried steamunlocked's version of CS:S, im tempted to try it.

bread, Nov 30, 2022
    cleverscreenname likes this.
  2. bread

Supervisor360

if you wat cs 1.6 you can check out Counter-Strike WaRzOnE its a no steam version of 1.6 with servers. Though idk about source

Supervisor360, May 25, 2023
  3. bread

cleverscreenname

I used to play CSS on XP, it was good fun, GunGame was my favorite. Even owned a server and led a clan. Now a days I don't think Steam will even load on Win7. Farewell, Steam.
    I still have my backed-up installation of CSS, I imagine it would still load in offline mode to play against bots. 4.6gb RAR

cleverscreenname, Nov 30, 2023
  4. bread

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Dec 1, 2023
    cleverscreenname likes this.
Ask a Question