Computer hangs at verifying dmi pool data and gives a error after a short while of a black screen.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by JaydenTheYT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

So yeah it was acting up before this sometimes it would refuse to boot at all until i power cycle it and now it wont and the HDD is being detected in bios and when i get past the black screen it says Cannot open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
    NTLDR Cannot open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1). So i have nothing important on here and i dont want to buy a new HDD because ive already spent a bit of money on it i know it isn't failing the hard drive because i bought it recently from CeX please help thank you.

JaydenTheYT, Sep 24, 2018
  2. JaydenTheYT

Lockherup

It sounds like the startup area of the disk or boot partition is dead or corrupt.. if there is nothing on there you need to recover then I would just reload a new operating system. If you want to see if the disk is mountable you can try a live CD/USB like puppy linux. You could even recover the boot partition but this is advanced.

Lockherup, Sep 25, 2018
  3. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

I reinstalled into Windows 7 Starter and it works pretty much fine but there is still one problem where it sometimes complains about reading it says this "Fatal reading" something on the lines of that i'll send a picture if it does it again i just have to keep power off and on for it to go away so yeah you know anything how to fix this?

JaydenTheYT, Sep 26, 2018
  4. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

and as well there is colour discolouration where green doesn't show properly and at some points the pc will just freeze and after a minute it will unfreeze and as well i cant find a bios update because the manufacture of the pc went bust in 2010 (iQon.ie) and gigabyte the motherboard is off the site ugh.. also here is a pic of the colour not being right.

Attached Files:

JaydenTheYT, Sep 26, 2018
  5. JaydenTheYT

cornemuse

The color issue might be due to cable to monitor.
    BTW, is this a desktop? XP or 7?
    In my experience, computers dont boot without a monitor plugged in,dosent have to be on tho , , , ,

cornemuse, Sep 26, 2018
  6. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

It is a desktop and it was pre-installed with Windows XP Home Edition but i installed Windows 7 Starter and the cable i dont think is the problem the colour as well at some points not a lot but the colours go back to normal but after a long time it goes back to being weird or i open the pc case and the graphics card fan made noises once and i left it and tried it again in the morning and the sound was gone.

JaydenTheYT, Sep 27, 2018
  7. JaydenTheYT

Lockherup

Did you install the drivers after reloading the OS ? Chipset, video, sound, lan .. in that order and then any odd ones remaining if any.

Lockherup, Sep 27, 2018
  8. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

Yes i did.

JaydenTheYT, Sep 28, 2018
  9. JaydenTheYT

Lockherup

The only thing I know for a bad monitor with off colors is the cable. one of the lines in the cable could be pinched or the pin crushed. just wiggle it and it nothing then try another monitor.

Lockherup, Sep 30, 2018
  10. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

I used a TV before having a monitor and the screen looked the same and the VGA cable I've wiggled it and and looked at the pins its all fine i think its the graphics card failing might save up for a new one might be hard though because driver support ended for xp 4 years.

JaydenTheYT, Sep 30, 2018
  11. JaydenTheYT

Lockherup

You can usually make it work with a minimal or older driver. I use a 2gb R9 and never install catalyst or the amd extras, just a tiny 3mb package with the actual driver files.

Lockherup, Oct 2, 2018
  12. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

Actually I think I know what the problem is I bought a converter online and ever since I used it for the hard drive because it was different the connectors were and just earlier it wouldn't boot I even accidentally left it on for 8 HOURS and it was still stuck at black screen but now it has a blinking cursor and after a while of it being off googling what i can do and it turned itself on and booted windows I think its the converter or RAM because I was running BurnInTest and it bluescreen.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 6, 2018
  13. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

OK it just blue-screened again! I couldn't read what it said i caught a word the said driver and I'll open the dump file and see what it says if it wants to boot again.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 6, 2018
  14. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

This is the error it gave me I'm going to try some things what I see on Microsoft forums.

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)

JaydenTheYT, Oct 6, 2018
  15. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

and... Windows Memory Diagnostics says Hardware problems were detected contact manufacturer I cant do that because of 2 things 1. Iqon.ie went bust 7 years ago. 2. Gigabyte doesn't have my motherboard on there site. and I cant find any RAM for my PC :'( anyone know what one would fit my tower ask me if you need a picture of my RAM if needed.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 6, 2018
  16. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

I think the RAM is dying while I'm typing this it says during diagnostics an unexpected error has occurred.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 6, 2018
  17. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

I'm opening the tower and looking at the RAM.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 6, 2018
  18. JaydenTheYT

Lockherup

Everything has a label with a part number. You can test ram outside of windows with memtest86+ . if you really think its ram pull one piece out and try to repeat error.

Ram is the last thing to ever die on a PC. First would be leaking capacitors on a motherboard or video card. over heating pc due to fan never being cleaned. out of range power supply, hard disk errors.

Lockherup, Oct 6, 2018
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  19. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

There is only 1 RAM stick 512mb I will try memtestx86 and show results.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 7, 2018
  20. JaydenTheYT

JaydenTheYT

and as well I dont see any damage from capacitors on the motherboard or graphics card and i cleaned it out recently.

JaydenTheYT, Oct 7, 2018
Ask a Question