Youtube downloaders

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Katie Boundary, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Katie Boundary

Katie Boundary

Let's keep a list of Youtube downloaders that (a) work with XP, and (b) are updated often enough to reliably download things.

First of all, there's Atube catcher. I was using it for a while. Thhe big problem I've noticed with it is that it can't correctly update. Even if you remove the old version and perform a deep clean with Iobit uninstaller, and then try to perform a 100% fresh install of the newest version, it'll reinstall your previous version instead. Basically the only way to update it is to wipe your hard drive and reinstall your OS.

More recently, I found out about Gihosoft Tubeget. It works well so far but I've only tried to download one video with it so I can't make any guarantees yet.

Katie Boundary, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Katie Boundary

ClippyBeer

3D Youtube Downloader is my go-to tool for downloading from Youtube.

https://yd.3dyd.com/home/

I've used it for years and has always worked reliably, better than any browser add-on. It's updated frequently since Youtube keeps making changes to their site to thwart downloading. Work perfectly in XP and can be run from USB flash drive (portable).

[​IMG]

After you paste the URL of the video click 'Analyze' and you will be able to select ALL the available formats/bitrates to download.

ClippyBeer, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Katie Boundary

Compaq_8200_Elite

Youtube Downloader HD

Compaq_8200_Elite, Aug 28, 2020
Ask a Question