Your windows xp Laptop or computer Meets the Requirements To run Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Leokids, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Leokids

Leokids

Note: This is for everyone Who want To Do like that with a Windows xp Computer!

Your Windows xp laptop Or computer meets The requirements To run Windows 10? If yes. Upgrade it!

Why?

Because Windows xp is Unsupported. iF You use windows xp It will be not receiving Updates.

Lets go start it!

Leokids, Jun 20, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Leokids

j896

No THANKS..

j896, Jun 21, 2019
    WindowsXPforever and Elizabeth23 like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Leokids

Bita123

I'm using Win 10. I think it's one of the best operating systems that I have ever used.

Bita123, Jun 25, 2019
    Lia45 likes this.
  4. Leokids

priscus

As long as you are happy with surveillance capitalism: being herded into spending and voting preferences to satisfy the agenda of someone other than yourself!

I use W10, BUT NOT A LOT!

I use XP, because it can do things that I cannot do with W10!

Yes, there are issues: security and remaining compatible as software/apps further developed.

But, mostly I use LINUX, and would urge all to consider so doing!

(Notwithstanding what I say elsewhere, that absolute novices struggle with Linux!)

ps I am absolutely amazed the you can select privacy preferences in W10, only for MS update to reset them back to MS's corporate preference!:(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    priscus, Jun 25, 2019
  5. Leokids

priscus

This hijacking of settings in W10 can be very frustrating.

Sometimes you can just reset.

Other times you get stupid lock-out with message that the setting is managed by your organisation.

That is fair enough were an organisation is involved, but when it is your private home device, and you are told to contact your administrator, when it is you that are administrator, it is damned frustrating.

OK, search engine will usually (eventually) lead you to a route out of said impasse, but it is time consuming, and frustrating when you desire to be getting on with tasks you intended to work upon!

This phenomenon has captured its own tag line "Whose computer is this, anyway?" Such behaviour, software hijacking your hardware is nothing more than Microsoft Malware!

priscus, Jun 25, 2019
  6. Leokids

priscus

Sorry, that should have read 'Where an organisation.....'

Too late to edit, when error in grammar observed.

priscus, Jun 26, 2019
  7. Leokids

WindowsXPforever

Why should i be upgraded from XP,the greatest and most beloved OS in history that is 99% usable! My XP desktops originally came with spydows 10 but i putten XP on them. INFACT if you know how to configure XP to it's max security + plus being updated with POSReady 2009 updates until 2019,June, i'm fine with it. And this whole "XP iS uNsUpPoRtEd, uPgRaDe to 7 or 10 bEcAuSE xP dOeSn'T rEcEiVE UpDAtEs" gives me a headeack even reading it, oh lord...

WindowsXPforever, Jul 11, 2019
  8. Leokids

cornemuse

You might be better served on a '10' forum, , , , ,

cornemuse, Jul 12, 2019
  9. Leokids

cornemuse

FWIW, I installed 10 on my laptop. Fortunately, (big sigh), I had swapped hdds & installed 10 on an empty hdd. Swapped 7 back real quick.
    10 made me feel like a small child, dont know anything, dont know what to do, daddy bILL gATES will take care of you! Just do as i say. A "baby monitor" on your computer, watching your every move, , , ,

cornemuse, Jul 12, 2019
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  10. Leokids

WindowsXPforever

Daddy Gates is no longer the daddy since ~2006. Now Satya( *cough cough Satan Cough cough*) Nadella takes care of every Crapdows 10 user ;)

WindowsXPforever, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:03 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question