"Your computer might at risk" Balloon

Some few years ago I took my Dell Inspiron 530 with Windows XP-SP3 "offline". At the time I wrote here extensively about the difficulties I had in this endeavor. All of the serious issues have since been resolved to my satisfaction. Office 2003 long longer wishes to call back to the Microsoft mothership and all of the Office software is working just fine.

However there are several annoying issues still bugging me. One is the "Your computer might be at risk" balloon that pops up whenever I turn my XP PC on. I would very much appreciate it if someone can tell me how to rid my XP PC of this annoying balloon without destroying its XP operating system?

In case anyone is wondering, I also have an Ubuntu Linux PC sitting along side my XP PC. It is very much "online" and I have yet to have a virus infection or anyone hack-in and take control as did happen with the XP machine. As I explained back when I was trying to take my XP PC "offline", the capabilities of Microsoft PowerPoint to function as engineering drawing software greatly exceeds that provided by LibraOffice Impress. It really is as simple as that.

go to services and disable the security center service, NOT, the security accounts service,

this is the service that keeps track of whether you have an antivirus, whether your firewall is on and whether automatic updates is turned on.

Back