XP wont load

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by dirtcrew51m, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dirtcrew51m

dirtcrew51m

Tried everything to load xp home and pro on a spare drive, it is a 2.5" sata samsung 160gig, I wiped the drive clean, loaded win7, resized partition, started fresh, tried everything, the problem is when the disk boots, starts loading files, then the blue screen of death appears, it says the drive is corrupt, or viruses, etc, and a bunch of numbers come up on the last line, I figured if I load win7 it would let me load xp, I did the same with vista\win7, is there a problem with xp compatibility with some sata drives?

dirtcrew51m, Sep 6, 2012
  2. dirtcrew51m

Frankie

Seems like a Hardware Issue, since you get the BSOD... If you could provide the exact error that you'd get on the screen, it'd make for a easy resolution.
    But in the meanwhile you could try these steps mentioned in this article.
    Try the post 2 - Hardware troubleshooting and let me know if it works.
    http://www.techyv.com/questions/blue-screen-error-technical-information
    If not please provide the exact error and that could help provide an accurate resolution.

Cheers!

Frankie, Sep 12, 2012
Ask a Question