XP will not connect to wired network

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by PA-WOODCHUCK, May 23, 2018.

1. PA-WOODCHUCK

PA-WOODCHUCK

Old DELL-530 and bringing out to do some work that needs XP to run. That said it will not connect to my wired network Tried the wizard and trouble shooter and repair command and no luck. What is odd is the properties shows an IP address not even on my home network!

thanks

PA-WOODCHUCK, May 23, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. PA-WOODCHUCK

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, May 23, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. PA-WOODCHUCK

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reinstalled drivers and still same issue. I the installed a DLink USB adapter and that works OK. IS there any non-MS operating systems that can replace XP and work with graphical interface?

PA-WOODCHUCK, May 23, 2018
  4. PA-WOODCHUCK

Elizabeth23

it could mean that the ethernet controller on your motherboard is corrupted, mine died on my dell dimension 3000 and I had to buy a pci card from dell, install it and then I could get online, Are there any errors in event viewer concerning this issue?

you can check out some of the linux programs if you want to replace xp.

did you use the Repair command from right clicking on the network connection and choosing repair? did it go all the way through the repair or did it stop at any point?

if you still have dell diagnostics on your pc, you can run a hardware test to check your ehternet controller to see if it has been fried.

does device manager have any exclamation points indicating a driver is needed?

Elizabeth23, May 23, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question