XP upgrade(s)

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by ronbo57, Jul 4, 2014.

1. ronbo57

ronbo57

Hello all, new here. Was wondering where to get info on upgrading/ updates for my Windows XP. I figured there must be something as you all are here. My system hardware is in great shape, just slow loads, choppy jerky video. Jerky scrolling on websites etc. I am reasonably sure I need updates, but don't really know where to get them from a trusted site. I am sure I might need to purchase a driver update program, but which one. Any guidance or where to go appreciated. Happy Independence Day!

Thanks,
    Ron

ronbo57, Jul 4, 2014
  2. ronbo57

Elizabeth23

xp updates can still be obtained at Microsoft updates

driver updates you should get from your manufacturer's website.

If your pc is slow it might be due to malware, what is your current antivirus??

do the following:

Download, install, update and do full scan with these free malware detection programs:

Malwarebytes Free (MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

Remove all found, reboot, and run again until scans run clean, these can be removed afterwards if you so choose. Run scans one at a time, please.
    ===========

after pc is clean we can run Autoruns to see what is starting up that you do not need and you need to use a different browser other than IE.

Elizabeth23, Jul 5, 2014
  3. ronbo57

Jojo

Jojo, Jul 5, 2014
Ask a Question