XP swapping

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by Goku, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Goku

Goku

I don't know if this is the right place or not but I recently set my hard drive to no paging file and my 8GB Sandisk Cruzer around 2011 model to a system managed size page file but it looks like that my USB isn't getting the swap files but my Hard drive is I restarted my PC but it's not working. Is there a fix to this.

Thanks,
    Goku

Goku, Apr 7, 2013
  2. Goku

JesusChristfreak

Hi!

Hello. Maybe you could try a restore to an earlier point in time. I am not sure which function key you press. It is either F8 or F10. Maybe someone can verify. You keep pushing one of these keys until a menu come up. You press the key after you power on the system.:)

Cheers,
    Tien

JesusChristfreak, Apr 7, 2013
  3. Goku

Elizabeth23

if you have 3 gigs of Ram, and your not running 64bit.... Disable your pagefile system, or reduce it to 256-512mb. I have mine turned off, and the system runs much faster with less "trashing".

http://forums.xsreviews.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=5792

read above link, xp will not recognize a usb pagefile. I have 3.5g ram and do not run a paging file, plus I have run a page file with the same ram and there is not difference in performance either way, so since I want the capability to write a system crash if necessary, I run a 400mb pagefile just for this.

Elizabeth23, Apr 8, 2013
Ask a Question