XP Pro 32-bit, getting error installing printer driver. "HP-DQEX5.exe has encountered a problem..."

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by sdsubball23, Sep 5, 2020.

1. sdsubball23

sdsubball23

Hi, my friend has an old XP Pro 32-bit SP3 PC that he uses for his business. He is trying to install an HP Officejet pro 7740 printer, but the driver installer won't work. He got the correct driver for XP 32 bit, but it gives him an error that says "HP-DQEX5.exe has encountered a problem...". When I check the error report it points to a file in a temp folder. I've uploaded some pictures for reference.

I was also trying to install Macrium free backup software and during the installation progress, I encountered a similar error saying a certain file has encountered an error, etc.

I tried to use 7-zip to open the installation file and tried to click on the setup file and other installation files and I get the same error.

Does anyone know how to fix this installation issue?

Attached Files:

sdsubball23, Sep 5, 2020
  2. sdsubball23

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Sep 6, 2020
  3. sdsubball23

sdsubball23

Thanks for the help. I tried the instructions and the .msi installer file started loading and then afterwards nothing happened. I tried multiple times and nothing happens after it loads, no additional windows or anything. The other files such as "setup" or HP-DQEX5.exe" give me the error I posted above.

the support question link you gave me doesn't work for me at the moment because I don't have the printer with me. I was simply trying to install the driver and then give the computer back to my friend to use the printer. It's also going to a usb connected printer with no network connection.

I'm wondering if this issue is occurring because of SSE2 cpu requirement. The PC has an AMD Sempron 2200+ cpu and it doesn't support SSE2. I tried installing Firefox browser and it told me it's incompatible with the PC because there isn't SSE2 support.

sdsubball23, Sep 6, 2020
  4. sdsubball23

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Sep 6, 2020
  5. sdsubball23

sdsubball23

Thanks.

Do you have any idea if the lack of sse2 is the cause of the printer installation errors?

sdsubball23, Sep 6, 2020
  6. sdsubball23

Elizabeth23

no I do not, but if the printer is xp compatible I do not see that, that is the issue

Elizabeth23, Sep 7, 2020
  7. sdsubball23

flavallee Guest

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 All-In-One Printer
    (support site)

THIS troubleshooting page may be helpful to you.

flavallee, Sep 15, 2020
Ask a Question