XP on to 7 is not a nice experiance thanks to firefox

my XP is at shop, I installed a Win 7 64 GB in office which was a very good experience till fire fox shoved a "New Version" of their browser, it will not let my add on's show or use or control them after 6 un and reinstall, in tool bar, it froze in "Gotcha now Sucker" mode and will not let me access the insert to put my fav browser.
it took 2 whole days to clean up the mess install made from firefox, my brains are bird crap from looking at a screen to fix as well. Avast then came in and blew my system up even more, I deleted it.
may go with AVG anti virus
is there a way to get a old fire fox
PS That's one healthy pig in my Avatar, he eats lots of dark green Vegetables, you all do the same

is there a way to get a old fire fox

If you are seriously starting from scratch, download this:

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox-portable-legacy-52
https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox-portable-legacy-52
Yes, portable, what'cha got to lose?

Create a folder on C:\ named (whatever), copy the ff executable to it & run it. Once tuned to your liking, SAVE a copy to (somewhere else, thumb etc.)
I periodically copy this folder somewhwere else to save new passwords/links/addons/etc EVERYTHING firefox is in here.

I am not sure, cause the add on's page stays the new one, and the new format page,,,
which I can't get add on's to show up on, won't go away as well

any case -----
thank you both very much :):):):)

I am doing full FF uninstall as I see it, even checking c drive for crumbs
I am using jetclean to extract, as it saves all new programs for a quick wipe (god I love jet clean)

my machine on start button on to comp properties says it is a 7 32gb, but my c drive says its 64 :eek: what is that ???????

what is portable ?????????????????
I am seeing a world of complaint on net about latest firefox.
and it is locking Google in as a search browser with a very deceptive options button,

how is it that I wipe firefox completely out of machine and on a reinstall it throws my book marks back up???????????

I am only able to go out on net here thru Explorer

PS AVG anti virus is junk I went with bit-defender

I swear to god msm out look is the most dead dog ugly page I have ever seen :eek:

thanks, god bless

and use soft paper towel rolls cut in half with a steak knife.

Last edited:
PORTABLE FirefoxPortableLegacy52_52.9.0_English
will not open on my machine, or might with MSN's help:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
is there normal Ext. version ????????????????????

OK thank you, I just found a funny fill locked in my c drive, with zero id on it, got one to open and it was fire fox. I had to take it out of "Read Only" mode to delete it, the file had a "lock" icon in front of it.

I guess thats how Firefox kept my old settings and god knows what else

I am not sure, cause the add on's page stays the new one, and the new format page,,,
which I can't get add on's to show up on, won't go away as well

any case -----
thank you both very much :):):):)

I am doing full FF uninstall as I see it, even checking c drive for crumbs
I am using jetclean to extract, as it saves all new programs for a quick wipe (god I love jet clean)
There are a lot of registry settings 'regular' FF adds. makes it a PITA to uninstall
my machine on start button on to comp properties says it is a 7 32gb, but my c drive says its 64 :eek: what is that ???????
FirefoxPortableLegacy52_52.9.0_English.paf(dot)exe is 91+megs
what is portable ?????????????????
I created a folder in C:\, = FirefoxPortable, copied above file there, ran it.
FF.jpg

I am seeing a world of complaint on net about latest firefox.
and it is locking Google in as a search browser with a very deceptive options button,

how is it that I wipe firefox completely out of machine and on a reinstall it throws my book marks back up???????????

I am only able to go out on net here thru Explorer

PS AVG anti virus is junk I went with bit-defender
I use 360 Total Security (the free one)
I swear to god msm out look is the most dead dog ugly page I have ever seen :eek:

thanks, god bless

and use soft paper towel rolls cut in half with a steak knife.
(edit:
Should add that FF42 & FF52 I shoulda deleted years ago, once done here I'll delete (those 2 folders) both,, and,, They'll be completly & totally gone forever!!)

Last edited:
(edit:
Should add that FF42 & FF52 I shoulda deleted years ago, once done here I'll delete (those 2 folders) both,, and,, They'll be completly & totally gone forever!!)

I am sorry I have no idea what your talking about
mean while .......... where can I get a portable FF old program
that down loads, and is safe, as many old programs are bugged.

thank you Elizabeth
this https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable unless I read wrong, is only operating / offering firefox 74, which is not pleasurable to me, it simply will not do some of the things the old one I had did, and gives me a incompatible window, which old firefox never did>
Case in point is it will not let you run "No Script" like the old one.
As for the "Uptown" https://mozilla-firefox-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions site, they want me to do some things I am not clear about yet,
I am investigating them now, they don't seem to let you just have the program, they make you sign away some boundaries/privacy to read their privacy
policy which you must download, in order to read it :eek:

C-NET used to do that and bugged everything they gave away,

Ill be back and thanks again

portable is great, however if you choose to install below is the link to download any firefox version full package

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Dir af/
Dir an/
Dir ar/
Dir as/
Dir ast/
Dir az/
Dir be/
Dir bg/
Dir bn-BD/
Dir bn-IN/
Dir br/
Dir bs/
Dir ca/
Dir cak/

what are these above, which do I use

OK, I have played with this site, think I am getting the codes to make sense,
but I am seeing Linux, etc. some others click into windows Ext's which is what?
Problem, my computer dell page says my os is 32 , but my c drive says 64.
can you have a 32 GB os on a 64 GB drive ????
and do I use the 64 or 32 Mozilla.

FIXED

And thank you all so very much

it was a security program file "Part"
stuck way down in my c drive
from super defrager I tried 4 years ago

that was really hard on my hard drive.
it was just a bunch of numbers which i googled and identified
as a fragment

I do tho want to come back in another thread and learn to use a portable
Firefox on a flash

send a message to cornemuse, he uses portable a lot, I tried it once, but prefer installed, :)

all those abbreviations are for which language the browser uses.

Back