XP Live

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by priscus, Apr 2, 2017.

1. priscus

priscus

XP as a live DVD (No install). Anyone any experience of this?

I did find a software website that offered it, but the link was dead.

Was considering that it could make a long term standby option for the tasks more easily done in XP, without having to allocate resources which installed OS requires.

priscus, Apr 2, 2017
  2. priscus

towgers

I've used it.

XP Live was not entirely usable. It was poorly executed and many things don't work because certain things rely on an active permanent memory unit and XP live solely runs via CD/USB. Its kind of similar to TinyXP or WinFLP if you know what that is. Heavily slimmed down and very feature lacking.

I'd more recommend a USB install of full XP or at very least WinFLP.

towgers, Apr 5, 2017
  3. priscus

priscus

Thanks for that information, towgers.

I do have a few installed versions of XP running, and my interest was solely in having the facility available for long term future, when perhaps I no longer have the installed versions.

priscus, Apr 5, 2017
  4. priscus

towgers

Keep in mind if you try the USB install option, look for PE enabled or hacked versions. Windows XP on USB tends to freak out if you try to use the USB on different hardware. It likes to "Lock" itself to one PC.

If you are using it on just one PC and don't plan to change the internal hardware, ignore the previous. :p

towgers, Apr 5, 2017
Ask a Question