Xp error messeges

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jeffreyfan, Jan 28, 2011.

1. jeffreyfan

jeffreyfan

I Have a Microsoft Windows XP home edition dell desktop. mabe 2002. I have two drives the second one was installed it's internal, it's like two computers in one and each one has user accounts i have created so it's like two computers in one. Both sides have error messeges. The first one says User Interface Failure. the logon user interface DLL logorem.dll failed to load replace the DLL. The second one says Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. please re-install a copy of the above file. I can boot either one but i get these messeges. Also i have no XP Disk. I have no floppy's. I do have cd's-RW and flashdrive to store stuff on. I have tryed my F8 options they do not work at all. I also cannot make any changes in the F2 area because i have lost the password and it's locked from making any changes. What can i do to fix my computer. :(

jeffreyfan, Jan 28, 2011
Ask a Question