With regret, farewell.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Melissa89, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Melissa89

Melissa89

Well, the time has come. For me it is goodbye and farewell to Windows XP. I think in a way that we all, "cut our teeth" with XP and it's legacy will live on. One of the great, if not the greatest Operating Systems. Yes I will say the greatest Operating System.

But, "tempus fugit" and like many with more modern hardware XP will not install except as a guest Operating System under Virtual Box.

For my own reasons I now run Windows 10. Windows 10 suitably modified and "tweaked" and a lot of not needed apps etc uninstalled or disabled. Call me a heretic if you must. I am having a lot of fun with Win 10 and in some ways it gives the impression that it's Grandfather, Windows XP is still lurking in the program code somewhere.

And, sadly I think it is time I withdrew from XP Forums due to holes appearing in my memory (multiple mini-strokes and seizures). Also it is so long since I have used XP I feel that my input to questions may not be all that accurate and I simply do not feel qualified to suggest solutions or give advice.

Thank you to all of XP Forums for your humour, expertise, and suffering my silly sense of the ridiculous from time to time.

Melissa89, Apr 24, 2018
Ask a Question