Wireless to LAN sharing difficulty

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by stroodle, Jan 29, 2014.

1. stroodle

stroodle

Hello,

I have recently intalled wndows xp home on a dektop pc and need a temporary internet connection. I do not have a wireless network adapter so i require a phyical connection. I cannot connect pc and router via physical connection as the router is located within a lodgers room, and would be very inconvenient for them to install a cable.

However, my spare laptop does have a wireless connection to the router, so i would like to share this wireless connection with my desktop pc, via ethernet/LAN.

The problem is that the LAN or High-Speed Internet connection icon is missing on my destop pc. My guess is that there is a device driver (possibly the network card) missing/uninstalled or maybe the hardware itself is unistalled? Would it be necessary to access the required driver(s) online?

Also, if i manage to set up an ethernet connection to my desktop pc, is there a way of sharing my wirless network from my laptop?

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading :)

stroodle, Jan 29, 2014
  2. stroodle

Elizabeth23

what is the make, model, and model number of the various pc's

there will be wireless and wired connections available from each manufacturer

provide the info and I will see if I can help you find the drivers

Elizabeth23, Jan 29, 2014
Ask a Question